Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Competing W/ Muscle Cars

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2003, 06:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Competing W/ Muscle Cars

I was driving around last night and few cars caught my eye. My civic is nearly stock so I havn't raced much. I came across a few 5.0 mustangs, and then there is the occasional camaro. I knew they had work done on them just because of how they sounded and looked. I thought to myself...I will never be able to beat any of them in my little civic. Its sweet that with a swap i could hit 13's maybe but those cars are soo damn fast. Is it really that hard to beat them. I am still new to H-T and the honda world so I am intimidated with those cars because I have no idea what my chances are. How do you guys handle the big muscle guys that hate imports and stuff, and how many have you blown away. Just a thought that came across. Thanks
Old 05-03-2003, 06:57 AM
big strong guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Competing W/ Muscle Cars (mOuse)

If your in to Street Racing or Drag Racing then Sell your Civic and Buy a Stang or Camero!

There is no replacement for Displacement!

Eric
Old 05-03-2003, 07:03 AM

Default Re: Competing W/ Muscle Cars (rainmanEK)

True dat.......but if u want to spend some money to make a car that is slow from the factory to fast then imports are for u. Cause damn that is why 95% of the ppl are on this board, imo. How fun is it to buy a car that is already fast . The steps to making it fast is the fun in it all. Who is wit me.
Old 05-03-2003, 07:07 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rainmanEK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If your in to Street Racing or Drag Racing then Sell your Civic and Buy a Stang or Camero!

Eric </TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm hoping you spelled "Camero" as a joke.
Old 05-03-2003, 07:07 AM

Default Re: Competing W/ Muscle Cars (jdm4life)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdm4life &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">True dat.......but if u want to spend some money to make a car that is slow from the factory to fast then imports are for u. Cause damn that is why 95% of the ppl are on this board, imo. How fun is it to buy a car that is already fast . The steps to making it fast is the fun in it all. Who is wit me. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Not me! I would rather have a fast car to start and make it faster I would have a big nasty V8 if it wasn't for the gas. I drive so far everyday.
Old 05-03-2003, 07:13 AM

Default Re: Competing W/ Muscle Cars (sappsycho)

I was looking at some 5.0 last night... I runs mid 11's daily driven w/ full interior and he spent less then me. to him! No Honda can do that and be as reliable.
Old 05-03-2003, 07:16 AM

Default Re: Competing W/ Muscle Cars (mattcxb18)

ok stfu please j/k
Old 05-03-2003, 08:18 AM

Default Re: Competing W/ Muscle Cars (Shift!)

It doesn't matter. As long as YOUR like YOUR car don't worry about them or what they think.
Old 05-03-2003, 10:33 AM

there are kids around where i live that think there bone stock auto 5.0 is fast you just have to put it to them on the interstate and own them.
Old 05-03-2003, 10:36 AM

Default Re: Competing W/ Muscle Cars (sappsycho)

I love the stangs and camaros, well not so much camaros just becuase they're ugly as all get out (newer style)

Anyone with a swapped motor could have bought a 5.0 and have a very fast car with bad mileage and increased insurance rates.

But for me I do own a nasty V-8 and I like it but 'round here we get a lot of snow and rear wheel drive plus power plus snow means no go.

Havent really checked the mileage on my B18c swap yet but it doesn't seem to bad so far. Gonna run it at the strip on Sunday for the first time.

In general though I think most guys on this board are trying to evolve the sport of racing by digging out horsepower from smaller displacements. Although its been done for years its just getting better and cheaper.

And if your talking newer Cobra SVT's and what not just look at the price tag ugh to hell with that.
Old 05-03-2003, 10:59 AM

All I know is that when I lose to a c5 or a modded 5.0 I dont really feel too bad, but ya gotta love the look on the domestic guys face whenever ya win.
Old 05-03-2003, 11:26 AM

Default Re: Competing W/ Muscle Cars (Nine)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Nine &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">All I know is that when I lose to a c5 or a modded 5.0 I dont really feel too bad, but ya gotta love the look on the domestic guys face whenever ya win. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 05-03-2003, 11:44 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rainmanEK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If your in to Street Racing or Drag Racing then Sell your Civic and Buy a Stang or Camero!

Eric </TD></TR></TABLE>

i agree
Old 05-03-2003, 11:48 AM

Default Re: Competing W/ Muscle Cars (RangerDan)

Big Bad V8's aren't that big and bad to me. I have raced alot of them and have not lost much at all.And i love seeing there faces when you go by them. Many times people whit V8's ask me after I race them ,do you have Nitrous, or turbo or something and they are really surprised when i tell them NO. I have a swap(h22) but with only an intake and header,exhast. I like racing V8's.
Old 05-03-2003, 11:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Competing W/ Muscle Cars (transmission11)

another reason we like hondas is cause we like to be able to turn too! that and a domestic will break down once or twice a week, lol j/k. anyone can make a rwd v8 fast, it takes knowlage and technology to make a fwd car fast. you get more respect with a fast fwd than a fast rwd. and to some people, thats more important! lol
Old 05-03-2003, 12:33 PM

i can easily beat 5.0s and 4.6 mustangs...the 5.0 camaro are slow too...Z28....almost.

remember alot depends on the driver
Old 05-03-2003, 12:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Competing W/ Muscle Cars (tek_civic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tek_civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">another reason we like hondas is cause we like to be able to turn too! that and a domestic will break down once or twice a week, lol j/k. anyone can make a rwd v8 fast, it takes knowlage and technology to make a fwd car fast. you get more respect with a fast fwd than a fast rwd. and to some people, thats more important! lol</TD></TR></TABLE>

Actually I know of many domestics that will hand most improts their asses.
Old 05-03-2003, 02:09 PM

F O R D= Fixed Or Repaired Daily
Old 05-03-2003, 02:15 PM

Default Re: (Synergy001)

Domestics arent as unreliable as most import owners would like to believe im afraid..
Old 05-03-2003, 02:27 PM

Default Re: (Nine)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Nine &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Domestics arent as unreliable as most import owners would like to believe im afraid..</TD></TR></TABLE>I'm considering getting a muscle car soon just to mess around with and leave my CRX as my daily driver. I'd like to have something with a little more displacement, and as much as I love imports, I can't escape the fact that I was raised working on domestics. I must say, when my cousin fires up his 900hp 71 roadrunner, it makes me jump off the ground...
Old 05-03-2003, 02:34 PM

there is a replacement for displacement, its called honda.
Old 05-03-2003, 03:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Eric </TD></TR></TABLE>

Why do you mod a civic if u aren't gonna race it in either street or drag, i mean i get a lot of satisfaction out of racin a part i just installed and seeing it in its glory, wo then why mod a civic if they cant race? I thought this site was all about racing and makin the honda go vrrroooom.
Old 05-03-2003, 03:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I had no problems w/ most muscle cars in my integra. Just stock w/ a turbo kit I ran a 12.1-- most muscle cars couldn't hang w/ that, but there always is a handfull of cars that are quicker-- and much props to them.

If you put a DOHC and a turbo kit, you'll have a good chance beating most those guys of course, but it's much safer to do this at the track.
Old 05-03-2003, 03:21 PM
mex

Default Re: Competing W/ Muscle Cars (tek_civic)

Quote, originally posted by tek_civic »

another reason we like hondas is cause we like to be able to turn too!

enough said
Old 05-03-2003, 03:35 PM

Default Re: Competing W/ Muscle Cars (Black93DelSolSi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Black93DelSolSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">there is a replacement for displacement, its called honda.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Actually its called turbo.

Quick Reply: Competing W/ Muscle Cars