Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Which coilovers???? Ground Control or DropZone???

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2003, 01:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which coilovers???? Ground Control or DropZone???

Why does everyone badmouth DropZone coilovers?

I emailed them and they told me that their spring rates for 88-00 civics are 450/350. Now that is better than Ground Control. Also, the price dfferential is like $90 to $339.....I don't get it.

Old 07-30-2003, 02:01 AM

Default Re: Which coilovers???? Ground Control or DropZone??? (importimage)

because dropzone's quality sucks, compared to GC's that doesn't suck. you can save the money, but you're paying for something that your life practically depends on.
Old 07-30-2003, 02:11 AM

Spring rate doesn't do anything for quality. What about the sleeves? Will those hold up against impact?

IMO, GC or Skunk2 work well.
Old 07-30-2003, 02:12 AM
OG triple OG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Which coilovers???? Ground Control or DropZone??? (Btown_99Si)

oh my god dood , dont even think about dropzone , they ****** suck my A hole , ground control all the way , actually i want you to get the DZ's cause i want to hear how you feel about them
Old 07-30-2003, 02:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Which coilovers???? Ground Control or DropZone??? (TURSpoonEK)

I think I may just very well ge the ground controls or these other ones called V2's. I am not completly taken by the whole ground control craze. It is amazing how we are convinced that name brand is always the best.

Any other comments ???
Old 07-30-2003, 03:14 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by importimage &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think I may just very well ge the ground controls or these other ones called V2's. I am not completly taken by the whole ground control craze. It is amazing how we are convinced that name brand is always the best.

Any other comments ???</TD></TR></TABLE>

i didn't know there was a ground control craze. maybe people just like them because they're a great, quality product and not cheap tin off ebay?
Old 07-30-2003, 04:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I had GC's on a 98 LX at one time. I was very impressed for the 7 months I owned them. The only thing I did not like about them was the fact I had to modify my Bilstein HD's to work with the GC's. The Bilstein's instructions stated in BOLD print not to modify the shock in anyway. Only way it would work with the GC's.

Next week I am ordering suspension for my Eg Tein SS

I can't speak for Dropzone, but GC has made a name for its self by putting out a quality product
Old 07-30-2003, 05:10 AM
OG triple OG

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by importimage &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think I may just very well ge the ground controls or these other ones called V2's. I am not completly taken by the whole ground control craze. It is amazing how we are convinced that name brand is always the best.

dood get the dropzones....... if you havent found by now , you get what you pay for..... i mean look at your quote man
Old 07-30-2003, 06:58 AM

Hey you get what you pay for if you spend **** you get ****, and the so called "craze" so you put it, for quality parts which you nothing about if just people buying what is good and the "ricer without the altezza's and 18" rims and bodykit" which you most likely are, buy the ****. Now i know you prolly dont think of your self as rice, judging by your icon, but you are in the same class your in the shitty parts department. i can tell by your stupid question and your so called craze for ground control. P.s. sorry for the venting but i must defend g.c. cause i owned and loved there product.
Old 07-30-2003, 07:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by importimage &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It is amazing how we are convinced that name brand is always the best.

When 99.9% are saying it's a good product what do you expect
Ground Control makes one of the best (if not the best) coilover sleeve on the market. Now what is so hard to understand about that?
Old 07-30-2003, 07:50 AM

Default Re: Which coilovers???? Ground Control or DropZone??? (Hybrid93Hatch)

Just because they start out a a nice spring rate does NOT mean that the springs will stay there. Tom had a post a while back where he swapped out a guys APC coilovers for quality ones. They APC springs were 3 inches shorter than the should have been (they had lost their form). I have ridded in a car on drop zones that I almost bought, the ride was horrible and I could see the spring being bent sideways on the shock. Ground Controls use Eibach springs, which are well known for their quality. Look around, I got a used set (like 2000 mi) for $150 local. Rick
Old 07-30-2003, 07:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Which coilovers???? Ground Control or DropZone??? (RickChew)

between the 2, get the GC's
Old 07-30-2003, 09:33 AM

GCs get my vote with koni yellows.
Old 07-30-2003, 09:58 AM

Default Re: (93si)

gc's and kyb adjustables is my setup.....ride is great and stiff as hell as far as dropzone'? i have never road in a car with them........
Old 07-30-2003, 10:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Which coilovers???? Ground Control or DropZone??? (Hybrid93Hatch)

Go for DropZone since u dont have the $$$$ i have GC with Koni yellows and it rides Great I would rather be safe than sorry go with what u can afford and safety.
Old 07-30-2003, 10:13 AM

Default Re: (99EKhatch)

definety the GC's. I have had H&R Sport Springs and the Skunk2 coilovers (which are very agressive) and I now have the GC's and they ride much better. Like everyone else has said....you get what you pay for.
Old 07-30-2003, 10:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (white99gsr)

Those of you who mock me. **** OFF. I just wanted to get some god damn response to what you all think of each brand. I am not poor and can afford better ****. I thank you all for your feedback.
Old 07-30-2003, 09:10 PM

Default Re: (importimage)

I would definitely recommend the Ground Controls, if you have the money to spend, if you go with the Dropzones and they take a **** on you, you'll have to go get another set of springs. You end up spending more money than you wanted to. If you want to do it, do right the first time. You penny pinch, you'll end up paying for it one way or another. As some one said earlier "You get what you pay for". Would Eibach springs be an alternative? If given the choice of the 2, I think hands down the Eibachs would be the smart choice.
Old 07-30-2003, 09:28 PM

Default Re: (hondasleeper)

for coilovers i would definately choose skunk2 or ground controls. i never heard of dropzone coilovers, are they good?
Old 07-30-2003, 09:31 PM

skunk2 for sure over all
Old 07-30-2003, 09:33 PM
HAnda-Tech Member

Default Re: (black93delslow)

yea everyone, **** the spring rates, they dont matter, everyong go with brand name suspension!!!, there the best

**** both of those, if you want good ****, go tein
Old 07-30-2003, 09:45 PM
Risky Business

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Re: (B18C_DC2)

i personally have arospeed coilovers...best 100 bucks i've ever spent

i've had them for 10 months...havent sagged or bent or whatever people say about them...and the handling is 10x better than stock...and its not too bouncy...same thing with my friend who has a CRX and arospeed coilovers for over a year...we havent had a problem yet

so all of you who say ricey coilovers suck (unless you've actually had them) shut the **** up! they aren't as horrible as everyone says...at least in my experience...when they break i'll let you know
Old 07-30-2003, 09:49 PM
HAnda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BauleyCivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BauleyCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
so all of you who say ricey coilovers suck (unless you've actually had them) shut the **** up! they aren't as horrible as everyone says...at least in my experience...when they break i'll let you know</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 08-03-2003, 01:31 AM
OG triple OG

Default Re: (B18C_DC2)

im sure rice rocket coilovers feel awsome when you know nothing about suspension tuning......
Old 08-03-2003, 01:38 AM
New User

Default Re: (BauleyCivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BauleyCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so all of you who say ricey coilovers suck (unless you've actually had them) shut the **** up! they aren't as horrible as everyone says...at least in my experience...when they break i'll let you know</TD></TR></TABLE>

quote: "WHEN they break" hahaha will you let us know by next week?

Quick Reply: Which coilovers???? Ground Control or DropZone???