Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

COILovers and CAMBER kit installation?!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 12:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default COILovers and CAMBER kit installation?!

Hey guys nath here with the civic... needing some big time help... arfter I bought my civic I found out that it has omni power coilovers on it and the car is lowered... it does not have a camber kit tho and the wheels aren't sitting right. I bought front and back skunk2 camber kits..... basically I need to reinstall the coilovers because the car doesn't seem to sit right.. Then I need to install the camber kits..

Anybody got a resource for instructions on these? I cud really help me if someone told me how to install coilovers and the camber kit... err.. Long shot. But thanks in advance
Old 05-18-2007, 12:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: COILovers and CAMBER kit installation?! (nathchong)

How are the wheels not sitting right? Are the tops tilting in like this: / \ ?
Old 05-18-2007, 01:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lift your car up and take a look at the corresponding upper control arms, install them exactly the way they are there.

just make sure the wheels are off while your unbolting the trailing arms.

and there is basically no reason for you to re-install the coilovers just take out the upper control arms and bolt your new ones. you will need an alignment
Old 05-18-2007, 01:43 PM

Default Re: COILovers and CAMBER kit installation?! (4drgsr96)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 4drgsr96 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lift your car up and take a look at the corresponding upper control arms, install them exactly the way they are there.

just make sure the wheels are off while your unbolting the trailing arms.

and there is basically no reason for you to re-install the coilovers just take out the upper control arms and bolt your new ones. you will need an alignment </TD></TR></TABLE>

That about sums it up
Old 05-18-2007, 01:44 PM
ICU
Honda-Tech Member

It doesn't sit right? As in height? I would guess that you would need to adjust the heights on your coilovers. You don't need to reinstall them.

As for the camber kits, just replace the upper control arms with the Skunk2 camber kits and take it to an alignment shop. HTH
Old 05-18-2007, 01:50 PM

Default Re: COILovers and CAMBER kit installation?! (ICU)

ok.... that seemed alot more simple than i expected... yes man my wheels are sitting just a little like this / \ lol....

i need to readjust the heights of my coilovers cuz i want my car to sit higher... so as you guys said i don't need to reinstall them... but i will need to know how to adjust the heights of my coiolvers... that said...

"look at the upper control arms and replace them as they are" that's simple enough hehe. i guess i will do that... but how do i adjust the camber kit to make my wheels sit like [ ] and not like / \ ? i know i have to take my wheels to get them aligned but will the shop do all that for me or do i have to adjust the camber kit myself first so they sit perfectly vertical?

hopefully i didn't confuse ya'll... ps.. thanks for the help so far.
Old 05-18-2007, 01:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nathchong &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok.... that seemed alot more simple than i expected... yes man my wheels are sitting just a little like this / \ lol....

i need to readjust the heights of my coilovers cuz i want my car to sit higher... so as you guys said i don't need to reinstall them... but i will need to know how to adjust the heights of my coiolvers... that said...

"look at the upper control arms and replace them as they are" that's simple enough hehe. i guess i will do that... but how do i adjust the camber kit to make my wheels sit like [ ] and not like / \ ? i know i have to take my wheels to get them aligned but will the shop do all that for me or do i have to adjust the camber kit myself first so they sit perfectly vertical?

hopefully i didn't confuse ya'll... ps.. thanks for the help so far.</TD></TR></TABLE>

you will most likely need a spanner wrench for your coilovers i'll for a picture of it

as far as you setting up your camber correctly... only if you have the neccesary equipment. the place that i sent my car to was able to adjust camber and toe in for me. so i'm sure theres bound to be a competent mechanic out there that can do the same for you. it didnt cost extra either. pep boys FTW
Old 05-18-2007, 11:08 PM
ICU
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: COILovers and CAMBER kit installation?! (4drgsr96)

Since you have Skunk2 camber kits, you can adjust them yourself. You can use an allen wrench for the fronts and some wrenches (17mm or 19mm, don't remember) in the rear. But take it to the alignment shop since they have the tools to tell what the exact camber, caster, and toe are.

You don't need to adjust the camber kits before you take it to the shop unless your camber is way off, then just eyeball it. HTH
Old 05-20-2007, 11:28 AM

sweet ****... alot of good responses... i'm just gonna lift my car and see what i can do... then take it to an alignment shop and have them do what i couldn't or do it all.. haha thanks guys.