Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

code 45 and some more

Old 04-06-2003, 06:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default code 45 and some more

I am having a problem w/ my turbocharged gsr in my civic. It is a complete stock motor except a inline pro headgasket. I have 99 civic ex w/ 01 gsr motor
Precision 60wheel/.63 a/r
log style manifold
2.5 inch dwnp w/ 3inch exhaust (mandrel bent) No cat
stock injectors
b16 ecu
inlinepro headgasket
inlinepro cam gears
vt fmu 12:1
v-afc
msd sci w/ blaster ss and msd wires
tial 35mm wastegate

The problem I am having is my car will ride strong as hell for a while then all of the sudden my a/f gauge stops working (stays in lean) and throughs code 45(system to lean or too rich) and a code 67(catalylic system, I have no cat). When my gauge stops working my car rides like straight ****, until i change the o2 sensor. When i change the o2 sensor it rides strong as hell for about a week until the same thing happens again. Also sometimes my car throughs a cylinder position code, too but not always. I am running 9psi, too. Also I have a obd1 gsr ecu w/ the adapter and the same thing happen w/ that ecu but when my gauge stop working the car was almost undriveable. The car would shut off all the time and buck like a bitch. Some people says its my o2 sensor but that doesnt make sense for the same thing to happen more than twice. Some people say its my distributor. I have no fuckling clue anymore. Can somebody give me some ideas