Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

code 21

Old 07-08-2019, 02:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: code 21

Originally Posted by muellersfan View Post
Assuming the ZC DOHC block is mated to a ZC DOHC head.
Well really the only other head that could be on it would be a D16A1 which is essentially the same/similar head as the JDM ZC DOHC (gen3).
Since its not a brown top with a vacuum advance distributor.
So either way that would work.

3rd Gen ZC Identified by: Internal coil, large distributor, single butterfly TB. Black cam cover. Cam cover bolts on the sides. Small cam pulleys. Inlet Manifold stamped PM7. +7cc PM7 pistons, 43 cc Pent roof combustion chamber. As a "ZC" this appeared in the JDM EF3 Civic and EF7 CR-X, and also in the JDM Honda Quint Integra GSi (DA1 chassis). This is the most commonly produced ZC, manufactured in Japan from end of '87 through to early '91 D-series version D16A8/9 (Euro Civic Si) (sometimes +7cc P29 pistons)

^ Looks like the one he has as the cam cover bolts are on the sides and it has a JDM cam cover plate (you can see the japanese letters on the cover).

He could also use P29 ECU according to this information.

But all of the engines I mentioned make similar power with similar specs and use similar/same casting heads.
Old 07-08-2019, 02:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimster480 View Post
Well really the only other head that could be on it would be a D16A1 which is essentially the same/similar head as the JDM ZC DOHC (gen3).
Since its not a brown top with a vacuum advance distributor.
So either way that would work.

3rd Gen ZC Identified by: Internal coil, large distributor, single butterfly TB. Black cam cover. Cam cover bolts on the sides. Small cam pulleys. Inlet Manifold stamped PM7. +7cc PM7 pistons, 43 cc Pent roof combustion chamber. As a "ZC" this appeared in the JDM EF3 Civic and EF7 CR-X, and also in the JDM Honda Quint Integra GSi (DA1 chassis). This is the most commonly produced ZC, manufactured in Japan from end of '87 through to early '91 D-series version D16A8/9 (Euro Civic Si) (sometimes +7cc P29 pistons)

^ Looks like the one he has as the cam cover bolts are on the sides and it has a JDM cam cover plate (you can see the japanese letters on the cover).

He could also use P29 ECU according to this information.

But all of the engines I mentioned make similar power with similar specs and use similar/same casting heads.
Sounds good.
Old 07-08-2019, 10:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

great now that we ALL agree what i have which i must thx you first and move on to the real problem plz help me find the water outlet i listed the part number in a previous post as 19315-pg6-010 is under a late 80's acura integra its the only one i saw that was on the left side of the distributor and without an extra outlet but has been discontinued?????
Old 07-09-2019, 03:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

if it's a discontinued part you'll have to go junkyard hopping.
Old 07-09-2019, 08:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

OP, why are you killing yourself trying to find an upper water neck with a bleeder valve ??? PLENTY of Honda engines do not have them and can be successfully bled without a bleeder valve/screw... a bleeder bucket can be purchased at most local auto parts stores and this device is extremely effective in eliminating air pockets and bubbles within the cooling system and can solve this issue for you.

I haven't opened a bleeder screw in years... the bucket does the job.
The following users liked this post:
Old 07-10-2019, 08:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

if you had read the earlier post is says i broke it when you break an aluminum part you tend to fix it THATS WHY
Old 07-10-2019, 09:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by xamdam67 View Post
when you break an aluminum part you tend to fix it THATS WHY
Not sure you read and understood JR's helpful advice. Instead, you instantly reacted emotionally in defense mode, as usual.
Old 07-10-2019, 04:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah get one of these, i was going nuts and it finally saved my bacon:

Amazon Amazon
Old 07-11-2019, 09:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

housing is cracked cant use it, dont need a bleeder bucket either, i do know how to bleed a coolant system TROLLS NOT WELCOME
Old 07-11-2019, 01:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

TROLLS NOT WELCOME
This^ unexpected introspection is a positive sign because the truth will set you free.
Old 07-11-2019, 06:32 PM
Intelligently Stupid

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

housing is cracked cant use it, dont need a bleeder bucket either, i do know how to bleed a coolant system TROLLS NOT WELCOME
It appears you don't want assistance and feel positive advise given is an attempt to troll.

I believe it's time you move along and find assistance elsewhere if you are going to maintain an attitude as seen here.
The following users liked this post:

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: