Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Clutch still hitting floor after replacing master and slave

Old 08-13-2009, 06:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon6 Clutch still hitting floor after replacing master and slave

my clutch keeps loosing presure

i was out with my girl and i got in my car and hit the clutch... ban to the floor.... i bleed the line there in the parking lot fixed it... so i thought...

a week and a half it happened again on my way from work... i tried to bleed it again, but i was just not working... so i got on here and hit up cat to see what it could be... they said check the lines... i did... all good... they said check the Master cylinder... boom it was bad so i swoped it out... fixed the problem... so i thought... about 3 days passed, and while out driving... bam hit the floor... from 3 to like 8 @ night i was stuck in a walgreen parking lot trying to bleed this line... got enough presure to limp it to my cousins house whole lived less then a mile..... i popped off the slave boot and *splash*... ... so i ran to kragen and scooped up a new one... popped it on and proceeded to bleed the line again.... "no dice"... presure is not holding... it holds fo about a minute or two while driving... then goes away....... WHAT ELSE COULD IT BE???????? NEW MASTER CYL NEW SLAVE CYL... LINES ARE GOOD... MAAAN WHAT ELSE COULD IT BE???????

*JUST TOOK IT FOR ANOTHER DRIVE AFTER BLEEDING THE LINE again*

so, the clutch begin loosing presure half way through first gear... by second gear there is about 30 % clutch left and if i ride it to long... to the floor it goes... only way presure stays in the clutch is by me stopping the car and rapidly pumping the clutch with my hand for about 20- 30 seconds and the presure is fully returned.. but then the same thing happends..... im am fn confused....... i have no idea what else it could be

i though it might have been the oil as fluid thing... but i looked it up and it works the same way, and had been working since i built the car back in like 4/09... but i switched back to dot 3-4... and replaced the whole system just about and it still not working properly

could it be the tranny... or the clutch it self??? i still don't think that has to do with the presure though right
Old 08-13-2009, 06:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Clutch still hitting floor after replacing master and slave

bleed it again
Old 08-13-2009, 07:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by robfrmny21
bleed it again
iv gone through 2 cans of dot3-4 already
Old 08-13-2009, 08:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

leak? check the lines
Old 08-13-2009, 09:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 808Army
leak? check the lines

Lines are good..... i took each one off and put my thumb on one end and a pump on the other... no bubbles... no leaks