Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Clutch is slipping badly, how much time could this of effected my 1/4?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2002, 06:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch is slipping badly, how much time could this of effected my 1/4?

I went to the track for the 1st time the other day, and ran a 16 flat with my stock b16a2 in a 00 hatch. I had full interior, subs, amps, and my spare tire. My clutch is slipping so badly that i cannot even chirp in 2nd gear. Now, how much time could this of effected my 1/4? I heard that people with my setup should run high 14's or low 15's, so i just wanted to know what i really should of ran instead of my crappy 16 flat. Thanks.
Old 07-23-2002, 07:29 PM

Default Re: Clutch is slipping badly, how much time could this of effected my 1/4? (kimchee_power)

Yeah, It should be running at least a sec faster then 16. It will drop your time once you get it fixed. good luck
Old 07-23-2002, 07:35 PM
YodaIsGod

Default Re: Clutch is slipping badly, how much time could this of effected my 1/4? (kimchee_power)

get rid of the subs, amp, & spare tire.
stunnafing your ride isn't gonna help you even reach high 14's. Your gonna have to lose a lot of weight, and get drag slicks.

Yoda - who's happy to help stunnas go from the darkside.
Old 07-23-2002, 08:08 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

well if its ur first time u prolly cant drive either. the thing is, everyone has excuses to why they didnt run this, why they didnt run that. just accept it for what it is. 16 seconds flat in a heavy hatch with a torqueless motor.
Old 07-23-2002, 08:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Kimchee power, shoot I got some kimchee for you
Old 07-23-2002, 09:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

16.00 sounds like a driver problem, my car has a slipping clutch and i still manage better than that on a fricken D16Y5. B16's aint that great of a motor anyways, read: lack of toque, best thing u could do is swap in a block for 2.0L or 1.8L displacement.
Old 07-23-2002, 09:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Clutch is slipping badly, how much time could this of effected my 1/4? (hondaatwsu)

well if its ur first time u prolly cant drive either. the thing is, everyone has excuses to why they didnt run this, why they didnt run that. just accept it for what it is. 16 seconds flat in a heavy hatch with a torqueless motor.
EXACTLY what i was thinking
Old 07-23-2002, 09:40 PM

Default Re: Clutch is slipping badly, how much time could this of effected my 1/4? (hondaatwsu)

My slipping clutch is not an excuse, it's a fact. I'm pretty sure if i ditch this shitty clutch and lose my stunna equipment, i probably would of hit low 15's. And by the way, i've been driving a manual for 4 years, so i'm pretty sure my driving isn't that bad. Anyways, thanks to the people who actually answered my question and gave me some tips on how to run better next time, and to hondaatwsu who said that i can't drive and that i'm using my slipping clutch as an excuse.
Old 07-23-2002, 09:45 PM

Default Re: Clutch is slipping badly, how much time could this of effected my 1/4? (bretx0r)

why do you guys keep talking about my driving skills? who cares? you don't know how i drive. my question was, how much did my slipping clutch effect my 1/4... not my driving skills.
Old 07-23-2002, 11:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

tell me, what was your 60 ft time on those runs
Old 07-23-2002, 11:43 PM

Default Re: Clutch is slipping badly, how much time could this of effected my 1/4? (bretx0r)

all i did was ask a simple question, and you guys come out and tell me that i probably suck at driving which is why i got a 16. the funny thing is that this comment has nothing to do with my question. i know 16 is bad, and i know that my clutch is all fucked up, so i just wanted to know how much a slipping clutch could effect a 1/4 time.

anways, i threw away my slip already. a 16 sec time slip wasn't worth keeping to me. once i fix my clutch, and lose some weight, i'm pretty confident that i will hit something ALOT better than a damn 16.
Old 07-23-2002, 11:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

give us a 60 ft time. that will help. if you got a 1 sec reaction with a 3 sec 60 foot it (cluctch) will help a lot. if you are running low 2 second 60 foot time you might not improve to much. I would say with the box low 15's are possible with a good clutch.
if it is slipping that bad get a new one anyways and run it!
Kimchee sux bagogi rocks! Put some soju in the tank and you will turn 12's! LOL
Old 07-24-2002, 12:07 AM

Default Re: Clutch is slipping badly, how much time could this of effected my 1/4? (madhatch)

yeah, i will save the time slips from now on.

the shop that did my swap has already test drove my car, and offered to give me a new clutch because they are the ones who gave me this shitty one.

and kimchee is the fawking shiet! taste good with everything!
Old 07-24-2002, 12:18 AM

it could be worse it could be my clutch but you also have to account for all the other stuff thats wrong with my car too.....like the cracked headers .... my stock sol si motors running 17s i think i got 16.8 once.... i remember my integra ran low 15-high 14s with a b16 anyways down with crappy motors up with swaps!
Old 07-24-2002, 04:03 AM

i can gurantee at least a full second off ur time
Old 07-24-2002, 05:02 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

My slipping clutch is not an excuse, it's a fact. I'm pretty sure if i ditch this shitty clutch and lose my stunna equipment, i probably would of hit low 15's. And by the way, i've been driving a manual for 4 years, so i'm pretty sure my driving isn't that bad. Anyways, thanks to the people who actually answered my question and gave me some tips on how to run better next time, and to hondaatwsu who said that i can't drive and that i'm using my slipping clutch as an excuse.
like i said, excuses excuses. take it for what it is. u ran crappy, dont blame something else cause u cant accept the fact that IT MIGHT B U". heres where the lack of knowledge really comes. B16s r notorious for havin weak clutches. it doesnt necessarily mean the clutch is bad. u ran a 16 flat. alot of SI owners can barely manage that. ur time is slow, yet its not too far off the mark. quit bitchin and makin excuses and get a new F****n clutch, then go back there and try it again. u might b surprised to see that it MIGHT not b the clutch.
Old 07-24-2002, 07:42 AM
YodaIsGod

Default Re: Clutch is slipping badly, how much time could this of effected my 1/4? (dniedacess)

i can gurantee at least a full second off ur time
Old 07-24-2002, 05:45 PM

everything you have said about the motor is probably true, but what the **** does it have to do with my question??? DID I ASK "WHY DID I RUN A 16 FLAT IN A 1/4?" NO!! if a clutch is slipping, it's obviously going to effect the 1/4 right??? and didn't i already tell you that the shop who did my swap test drove my car and told me themselves that the clutch was slipping too?? so how could it NOT be my clutch when it REALLY is slipping?? do you even read my posts?? and when the hell did i ever make excuses? i'm sure my unexperienced driving effected the 1/4 too, but what the **** does it have to do with anything?? did my first post sound like i was looking for excuses on why i got a 16 flat??? I JUST WANTED TO KNOW HOW MUCH TIME A SLIPPING CLUTCH WOULD EFFECT A 1/4 DUMBFUCK!! JUST **** OFF AND STOP MAKING STUPID *** RESPONSES THAT HAS ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING TO DO WITH MY QUESTION!!

[Modified by kimchee_power, 6:48 PM 7/24/2002]
Old 07-24-2002, 06:00 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

read again, i said MIGHT b the clutch MIGHT not. it MIGHT b u, but MAYBE not. u r very funny by the way.
Old 07-24-2002, 08:36 PM

you better change the clutch before it blows
and ull be hitting 30s at the track or not even make it home
Old 07-24-2002, 10:32 PM

Default Re: Clutch is slipping badly, how much time could this of effected my 1/4? (Mr. Sparkle)

I honestly don't mean this as a flame, so please don't take it as one: Instead of debating what you should have run or would have run with a good clutch, why don't you just say ***** it to this last time, get a new clutch (I'll vouch for ACT BTW ), and run it again to find out for sure. That way you know what won't be the problem (the clutch), and if your time improves, cool deal, and if not, then you obviously know you need to explore some other way to improve.
I really don't think people were trying to crack on you by suggesting it might be your driving, dude. I've been driving stick for 7 years now, but that dosen't mean I have a world class drag launch, does it? IMHO all they were trying to do is give you some helpful suggestions about how to improve your times, since you obviously weren't happy with them. Now go forth my son, and sin some more
Old 07-24-2002, 10:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Clutch is slipping badly, how much time could this of effected my 1/4? (uncivilCivicinprogress)

If u wanna find out how much it affects the 1/4 mile time, by a clutch, run it again. I'll get better because of the clutch, but i'll get even better once you get more experience at the track....
Old 07-25-2002, 12:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

lol, see how a "sport" skilless as Drag Racing causes tension? hehe
Old 07-25-2002, 02:01 AM

Default Re: Clutch is slipping badly, how much time could this of effected my 1/4? (uncivilCivicinprogress)

I'm not looking and was never looking for excuses on why i ran a 16. Where did you guys get this idea from? And about my driving...i might suck, i might drive like a pro, but it has nothing to do with my question, so who cares? Anyways, for the last time, i'm 100% sure that my clutch is slipping. And if the clutch is slipping, it's obviously going to effect your time, so i simply just wanted to know how much time it would effect my 1/4. Why is it so difficult for people to understand my question? And the other people were NOT giving me helpful suggestions like you stated. They were saying that i was using my clutch as an excuse and that i probably suck at driving, which really had nothing to do with my question. Man... forget that i ever asked this question. Thanks to the people who were helpful. Peace out.
Old 08-15-2002, 02:16 PM

Ok well then it also probably depends on how BAD the clutch is slipping...