Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Clutch Problems????

Old 08-18-2009, 04:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Problems????

Clutch=Exedy Stg 1 Clutch/Pressure Plate
Flywheel=Fidanza 7.5 Flywheel.

Well a few days ago...i got on the car pretty good to get on an exit ramp and i started hearing this metal rattling noise..i thought it was my resonated test pipe again acting up(i had it happen before where the inside of the pipe the resonator broke loose and was rattling around inside)...but instead i purposely got on the car and as i was gaining speed the rattling noise got louder kinda and then it sounded like something came off or un-tangled itself and it has stopped since then and the car has been driving fine.

Well....

Today on my way to class due to the crazy enrollment rate at college...there was an increase in traffic. So as im trying to merge into a lane...i get on it and all of a sudden i hear another metal pinging noise..and all of a sudden my clutch pedal feels kinda odd for a while..then it goes back to normal..so im like WTF? so i come to a stop at a light..as i get ready to take off...i let the clutch out and give it some gas and the car shutters/vibrates like crazy at low RPMs until i get past 1,000 its fine...but it seems like either the clutch is slipping or something else..because shifting gears is now odd also..seems like it takes a bit more letting the clutch out than usual...idk something is really odd with my clutch now all of a sudden..seems as tho when im taking off i have to give it alot of gas now than before in order for it to not shutter and take off smoothly...****ing a...

is my clutch slipping?

i have no idea what the problem is...

i need to find another job and finish this engine to put it in...
Old 08-19-2009, 04:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Clutch Problems????

Originally Posted by bdubnyc
Clutch=Exedy Stg 1 Clutch/Pressure Plate
Flywheel=Fidanza 7.5 Flywheel.

Well a few days ago...i got on the car pretty good to get on an exit ramp and i started hearing this metal rattling noise..i thought it was my resonated test pipe again acting up(i had it happen before where the inside of the pipe the resonator broke loose and was rattling around inside)...but instead i purposely got on the car and as i was gaining speed the rattling noise got louder kinda and then it sounded like something came off or un-tangled itself and it has stopped since then and the car has been driving fine.

Well....

Today on my way to class due to the crazy enrollment rate at college...there was an increase in traffic. So as im trying to merge into a lane...i get on it and all of a sudden i hear another metal pinging noise..and all of a sudden my clutch pedal feels kinda odd for a while..then it goes back to normal..so im like WTF? so i come to a stop at a light..as i get ready to take off...i let the clutch out and give it some gas and the car shutters/vibrates like crazy at low RPMs until i get past 1,000 its fine...but it seems like either the clutch is slipping or something else..because shifting gears is now odd also..seems like it takes a bit more letting the clutch out than usual...idk something is really odd with my clutch now all of a sudden..seems as tho when im taking off i have to give it alot of gas now than before in order for it to not shutter and take off smoothly...****ing a...

is my clutch slipping?

i have no idea what the problem is...

i need to find another job and finish this engine to put it in...

It sounds like more than just slipping to me. If I were you I'd pull out the trans and inspect all the clutch/flywheel parts. Make sure eveything is torqued properly and that the flywheel isn't warped.