Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

CLUTCH PEDAL WIRES

Old 10-23-2007, 12:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CLUTCH PEDAL WIRES

did a search and wasnt able to come up with any hard facts.

basically i am doing an auto to manual swap into a ej6 and on the clutch pedal there are two wires one black and one blue with a stripe (cant remember colour). just wondering where it is i have to wire these wires too?

i did a search and someone stated that they dont need to be wired up but that was only one person who responded to that question just wondering if this is true????
Old 10-23-2007, 12:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: CLUTCH PEDAL WIRES (Team Rukus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Team Rukus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">did a search and wasnt able to come up with any hard facts.

basically i am doing an auto to manual swap into a ej6 and on the clutch pedal there are two wires one black and one blue with a stripe (cant remember colour). just wondering where it is i have to wire these wires too?

i did a search and someone stated that they dont need to be wired up but that was only one person who responded to that question just wondering if this is true????</TD></TR></TABLE>

unless you swapped out wire harness from a manual civic, it is not needed. all you have to do is connect the 2 thickest wires at the auto shifter harness. actuall cut the wires at the device, that way you don't ruin the dash harness, and gives it a cleaner look.

by wiring the 2 wires together, you are tricking the switches that the car is in park, allowing the car to start.

here this should help you,
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1255332