Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

clutch pedal adjustment (my pics and video)

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 11:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon2 clutch pedal adjustment (my pics and video)

i bled my clutch and that raised the engagement point up a bit so i have no complaints on that anymore also got some more tactile feedback from the pedal.in the pic you can see where the rod for the master-cylinder is adjusted (was there when i bought it) i guess thats fine since the clutch fully engages and disengages right?

the bolt i have a question about is the one that limits how high the petal will go. mine dosnt even touch the pedal and i cant even pull the pedal up that high so i know its wrong. is this bolt for adjusting free play?

i also put in a video of the free play i have in my pedal... what i call free play is the movement before the rod even touches the master cylinder before it even puts pressure on it or moves it. from the pedal its 5/8 of an inch of free play maby a tad bit more. shouldnt it be more like 1/4 of an inch??

Last edited by hillbillycivic; 12-04-2012 at 01:14 PM.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: clutch pedal adjustment (my pics and video)

anyone?
Old 12-04-2012, 02:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i thought you used the rod adjustment to take out the free play by making it longer... but yours is about as long as its going to get, huh.....

and ya that big bolt is sapost to touch the pedal its a pedal stop and yours is missing a blueish plastic plug. but i guess since your rod is all the way out you could use that to take some of the free play out. i dont see it hurting anything.

might want to find out how you have any free play with your rod adjusted out that far though.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you think its ok to go past flush with the rod? only reason i ask is every pic online has theres adjusted and they have 8-10 threads left to easy to longer if needed and im about to go negative.

you think it could be a replacement master cylinder that just came with shorter than stock rod?