Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Clutch Master + Slave replaced, still issues.

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 08:50 AM
R.R
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Master + Slave replaced, still issues.

Hey, so as the title says, after my clutch master cylinder began to leak I replaced it and took the precaution to replace other items within the hydro system since my 94 del sol is pretty old. I replaced the Clutch M.C, S.C, rubber line and the reservoir after i discovered that too had a crack. Now to my issue.

After replacing the parts, bench bleeding the cylinders and bleeding it multiple times solo with the clear line into half full bottle method, the car will feel and work fine on the test drive right after doing so. I can turn it off, let it sit for an hour and it would still be fine. Yet once the morning comes, the car will refuse to go into gear.

So whats going on here? It dosent appear that I got a faulty M.C since its not leaking any fluid. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Clutch Master + Slave replaced, still issues.

Originally Posted by R.R
Hey, so as the title says, after my clutch master cylinder began to leak I replaced it and took the precaution to replace other items within the hydro system since my 94 del sol is pretty old. I replaced the Clutch M.C, S.C, rubber line and the reservoir after i discovered that too had a crack. Now to my issue.

After replacing the parts, bench bleeding the cylinders and bleeding it multiple times solo with the clear line into half full bottle method, the car will feel and work fine on the test drive right after doing so. I can turn it off, let it sit for an hour and it would still be fine. Yet once the morning comes, the car will refuse to go into gear.

So whats going on here? It dosent appear that I got a faulty M.C since its not leaking any fluid. Any help is greatly appreciated.

The clutch itself? Mine did this before it went out. I really never had any slippage issues...it was always just hard to get into gear. and got worse and worse and eventually went out. Replaced clutch and worked fine. Or could be something to do with the linkage/bushings?
Old 12-18-2011, 09:14 AM
R.R
Honda-Tech Member

Its possible, even though I never had any issues with the clutch itself. The whole system worked fine till one day heading home the clutch pedal felt extra soft and had way to much travel than usual. (M.C issue)

Also in the morning, the pedal is pretty soft and low, but not all the way to the floor.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well you have replaced the SC and MC and still having and issue. The next 3 things I would look into is...small crack/pinholes in the lines - linkage - clutch itself.

But if the pedal is soft sometimes I would not expect linkage issues. So I would be looking for any pinhole/crack in the lines. If nothing...maybe start looking for a clutch!

I never really had issues with the my clutch before it went out...just started getting harder and harder to get into gear. When was the clutch replaced??
Old 12-18-2011, 09:44 AM
R.R
Honda-Tech Member

Ah ok, thanks for the help man. Ill check up on the lines, and if not then maybe it is clutch time. I honestly dont know when the clutch was last replaced.