Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Clutch master clyinder question

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 07:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Clutch master clyinder question

Hi anyone knows what is wrong with my car.
It is a 1993 del sol and yesterday I noticed that the clutch master cylinder fluid reservoir was empty and the clutch was to the floor and not working.

I put some dot 3 brake fluid in the master cylinder and the car worked again and i drove it a bit.
Today I drove it down the street to the store and the car and clutch was working ok.
So tonight when i tried to drive the car again the clutch has some pressure point but very little of it and it is hard to change into 1st gear or any gears especially reverse? I checked the hood and the clutch fluid reservoir is full but kinda dark considering i just put new fluid in yesterday.

With the clutch pushed to the ground I can pop it into gear 1 with force
The clutch with catch the rpms so i dont think its the clutch itself.

It is leaking some fluid from the clutch pedal down the inside of the car. I always thought it was a water leakas it is a del sol and has some water leak issues. but have examined it is some sort of fluid

Is it the clutch master cyl. or the slave cylinder. Will replacing the cmc and doing a clutch fluid bleed fix my car. I think the clutch itself is ok.

Please reply any help will be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Clutch master clyinder question

Sounds like the master cylinder to me. I had to replace mine a couple months ago for the same reason... clutch pedal went straight to the floor, added fluid to the empty reservoir, worked for about 2 days before it lost pressure again, and there was clearly fluid leaking by the pedal.