Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

clutch feeling, help plz SEARCHED

Old 05-19-2006, 03:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default clutch feeling, help plz SEARCHED

Yeah, I posted this same thing like 3 days ago...I assume an admin deleted it, can't find it in my watched topics, nor search, nor on the topics list, so I'll post it again.

Yes I searched already, I cannot find what I am looking for, all I am coming up with is a bunch of FS / WTB / WTT threads - my friend put a B16 (iono the end of it, think it's an a2, whatever motor was in the 99-00 si's), with AEM CAI, skunk 2 short throw shifter, DC Sports 4-1 header, an Apexi N1 exhaust, and a ACT stage 1 clutch (4 puck)

now I've never worked with a stage 1 (think it's 4 puck) clutch so I don't know much about it, but when I drove it, the clutch was really tight...(like very noticably harder to press down than stock, but not to the poitn where u have to work at it....) - I am positive the clutch is installed right (because I didn't do it :-P), and I was just wondering because I heard some place on HT that a stage 1 is just about the same thing as a stock clutch, is this true or what? Anybody else install a stage 1 clutch, was the clutch pedal noticably harder?

Iz really hard to explain, not like hard to push in as u have to force the clutch apart, but harder than normal, very tight like, (shifts very smoothly too I might add), so I was just wonderin if anybody else had any info on this

Also, btw, that engine uses the P2T ECU, right?
Old 05-19-2006, 05:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: clutch feeling, help plz SEARCHED (Syndacate)

a stage 1 has a bit stronger pressure plate, but it pretty much just like a stock clutch
Old 05-19-2006, 05:35 PM

Default Re: clutch feeling, help plz SEARCHED (Syndacate)

Is the clutch brand new or is it used? New clutches usually get easier after they are used a little bit.
Old 05-21-2006, 04:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm not sure if it was brand new or not, I hope not, because the guy who ownz it can't keep traction if you know what i mean, so it WILL NOT break in...it's not like it was a PIA to clutch it, just when I got in I noticed the clutch was substancially harder, but as I shifted up through the gears while driving it was np at all, didn't notice at all actually, but I'm guessing that's just the taguthness of it? iono, I was really just expecting the stock feel as I Hear the stage 1's are basically stock, O.o Or maybe it wasn't a stage 1... he said it was..... I'll ask my him today
Old 05-21-2006, 06:09 AM

Default Re: (Syndacate)

if it is a new clutch, dont really matter what stage u get... u will always feel like it is stiffer... it will take bout a week to warm it up and get used to it.... but it is fine....
Old 05-21-2006, 09:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JdmLub)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JdmLub &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if it is a new clutch, dont really matter what stage u get... u will always feel like it is stiffer... it will take bout a week to warm it up and get used to it.... but it is fine....</TD></TR></TABLE>

Oh, I knew that was true about teh stage 3's, but I never installed/drove a new stage 1, and yeah, I checked w/ him today, it is new