Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Clutch for a 99 Civic

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 09:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch for a 99 Civic

My clutch is pretty [freak]ed right now. Surprisingly it still can get into all gears but i need a new one. Ive been talking to a lot of people and some say go with just stock but i don't want stock **** on my car. I don't have the money for a stage 1 clutch right now or else i would buy it. Anything you can think of between a stock clutch and a stage 1 clutch that is at most 200 bucks? Any info is appreciated. Thanks
Old 03-23-2008, 09:27 AM
H-T White Ops

exedy organic stage 1.
if you can't afford that, go to vato zone and buy their clutch kit.
and if you can't afford THAT, then you don't need to be driving until you can get some money together.
Old 03-23-2008, 09:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (IslandSi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IslandSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">exedy organic stage 1.
if you can't afford that, go to vato zone and buy their clutch kit.
and if you can't afford THAT, then you don't need to be driving until you can get some money together.</TD></TR></TABLE>

heh .... nough said
Old 03-23-2008, 09:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Clutch for a 99 Civic (99EriC)

go get a clutch net clutch. there good for the money just don't do any high rpm down shifting lol, or the springs will ware threw, retaners lol, found out the hard way. but all in all there good clutchs for you money, you can just by the disc and use your stock pressure plate for a stage 1 or two but any puck disc your going to need to run a aftermarket pressure plate with the disc. good luck. you can find them on line good luck
Old 03-23-2008, 09:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Clutch for a 99 Civic (99EriC)

My first question would be how do you know it is your clutch if it still goes into all the gears. you still have to think that there are still two other componets that control clutch, clutch master and slave clynders. but if you are pretty sure that it is a clutch regardless you are going to need to spend more than that to get it cause even if you get a stock clutch than you are going to need a flywheel as well. you need to have the flywheel turned or replaced every time you put a clutch in ( if you want it done right) and really the only way to really do it right is to replace your flywheel, when you turn it you create more play in the system a properly working clutch should have about 1-1.5" of pedal travel before ingagment but when you turn the flywheel you now have about 2-2.5" of peadl travel. its not that it woudnt work fine but its just the proper way to do things. And I know alot of people complain about ebay parts but I got a f1 stage 3 clutch and a fidanza flywheel of ebay for a great price and have never had any problems with it and the light weight flywheel makes going through the rpm band alot quicker, and more fun. so try that if funds are so tight. but make sure you at least turn the flywheel if you dont get a new one cause all your going to do is screw up the new clutch if you dont.