Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Cluster constantly ticking

Old 04-25-2019, 11:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Cluster constantly ticking

I just installed led lights in my cluster and climate control, now when I drive with the lights on the cluster makes a ticking noise, in 3 sec intervals, constantly.

Happens when the car is moving and lights are on only. Lights on, car stopped, itís quiet.

Its a 95 del sol, recently replaced the cluster as well, it didnít do it before the leds. Anybody know whatís going on?
Old 04-25-2019, 02:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Cluster constantly ticking

Originally Posted by White_EG1 View Post
I just installed led lights in my cluster and climate control, now when I drive with the lights on the cluster makes a ticking noise, in 3 sec intervals, constantly.

Happens when the car is moving and lights are on only. Lights on, car stopped, itís quiet.

Its a 95 del sol, recently replaced the cluster as well, it didnít do it before the leds. Anybody know whatís going on?
possible your trip/odometer counter gears got something in them or damaged
Old 04-25-2019, 05:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Iíve had the cluster for a while from another car and never experienced anything with wrong with the trip meter or odometer. And it works fine
Old 04-26-2019, 08:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Does the rate of the ticking vary with the road speed?

The trip meter can make noise if it is stuck between numbers from not being reset properly.
Old 04-27-2019, 05:28 AM
O.G. triple O.G.

Can be the cluster. The original one I had, the speedometer would drop down to "0" and jump back to the current speed once in a while. I always thought it was something with the speed sensor on the transmission. I eventually replaced the entire cluster (with a lower mileage one) and hasn't had the issue since.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: