Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

club for your brake. do u think its better to put on brake pedal or clutch?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 09:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default club for your brake. do u think its better to put on brake pedal or clutch?

well i have ravelco in my car but i also use my brake club it says can be used on brake or clutch. ive been putting it on my brake but i was wondering what your opinions were

do you think i should put it on my clutch or my brake?
i was thinking clutch cuz theres no way they could start going but i guess they could slam it into gear and stuff ....

whats your opinions on it?
Old 11-30-2007, 09:18 PM

Default Re: club for your brake. do u think its better to put on brake pedal or clutch? (jxhxb)

clutch definately seems like a better idea, except that if it stays in, thieves could shift to neutral and roll your **** away. At this point in my thought process, brake seems better. If there is a way to club your e-brake that would be good too (maybe a key lock, but that would inconvenience you as well)

Has anyone tried to put a key lock as the release button on the hand brake? (sorry if to thread hj)

last word - make sure you have theft insurance either way.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: club for your brake. do u think its better to put on brake pedal or clutch? (jxhxb)

If they jump the starter it's not gonna make a damn of difference whether it's on the clutch or brake. The clutch start switch is very acessable and jumpable with just a stripped wire or paper clip.

Driving a car with no clutch is easy, I drove from buffalo to here (about 300 miles) when the clutch when out on my camaro (no clutch at all, blew out the slave cylinder, clutch had 0 pressure). It grinded **** for about 50 miles until I got the hang of driving it without the clutch, then I made it back no problem.

The switches are VERY easy to jump, just unplug and put a paper clip in harness side (2 prong connector).

I'd put it on the brake.

Old 12-01-2007, 06:02 PM
vestalfootball72

Default Re: club for your brake. do u think its better to put on brake pedal or clutch? (Syndacate)

OP- Id save my money from both personally--
Put it on the break, and they may end up crashing your car-

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Driving a car with no clutch is easy, I drove from buffalo to here (about 300 miles) when the clutch when out on my camaro (no clutch at all, blew out the slave cylinder, clutch had 0 pressure). It grinded **** for about 50 miles until I got the hang of driving it without the clutch, then I made it back no problem.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

What year camaro was it? I thought older ones were cable actuated?
Old 12-01-2007, 07:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: club for your brake. do u think its better to put on brake pedal or clutch? (Syndacate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I'd put it on the brake.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

yea put it on the brake so when they drive away with your car they can just use the ebrake and engine braking to stop the car! at least when u put it on the clutch it will slow them down!, who the HELL wants to jump out a switch in the middle of the night while stealing a car? lol.

and besides even if they do drive away somehow, theyll have to start it again at EVERY red light with a screw driver, and thatd be really annoying, especially if the car is bucking becuase they cant engage the clutch, now imagine if a cop was behind them! lol

put it on the clutch, its the all around better answer.

install a hidden fuel cut switch too. hide it good. and no one will EVER find it.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:58 PM

Default Re: club for your brake. do u think its better to put on brake pedal or clutch? (prettylew)

Sounds like a dumb device reguardless of what pedal you put it on. Lock your car and get insurance.
Old 12-01-2007, 10:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: club for your brake. do u think its better to put on brake pedal or clutch? (SPCBoyles)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SPCBoyles &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sounds like a dumb device reguardless of what pedal you put it on. Lock your car and get insurance. </TD></TR></TABLE>

wow your retarted.
if you just lock your car and get insurance youll get your car stolen

i already have a engine kill switch RAVELCO.
and you need layers of security so i thought id get a brake club.

obviously we all lock our cars. you need something more than that unless you live in antarctica.
Old 12-01-2007, 10:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SPCBoyles &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sounds like a dumb device reguardless of what pedal you put it on. Lock your car and get insurance. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Insurance will never pay for all the aftermarket crap you have on your car, especially if it's like most peoples' here and loaded with JDM crap such as parking polls and fogged headlights.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by prettylew &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">who the HELL wants to jump out a switch in the middle of the night while stealing a car?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I assure you it can be done easy enough with a flashlight and paper clip - in under 20 seconds. You just unplug it and stick the paperclip in there - clutch switch = disabled.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vestalfootball72 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What year camaro was it? I thought older ones were cable actuated? </TD></TR></TABLE>

'67

It did originally have an ancient clutch actuator system - but that was replaced with new age stuff :-D.

Along with that came custom mounted Tein suspension with a very high spring rate, as well as 4 wheel disk brakes.

I was big on making it a "new" car with an "old" body, in any event, all in irrelevancy.
Old 12-02-2007, 05:34 AM
vestalfootball72

got pics of it? sounds badass
Old 12-02-2007, 05:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: club for your brake. do u think its better to put on brake pedal or clutch? (vestalfootball72)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vestalfootball72 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">got pics of it? sounds badass</TD></TR></TABLE>

I think he's speaking of one of these gadgets, a pedal lock.

Old 12-02-2007, 05:57 AM
Trial User

For your everyday Rtard walking the streets both sound like good options, if they really want it they'll use a tow truck and just cut your parking brake and tow it.
Old 12-02-2007, 10:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: club for your brake. do u think its better to put on brake pedal or clutch? (dew_fever)

never seen that but it actually looks like this
i got mine from autozone. i was watching a tv channel about thieves stealing cars and this is one of the best things they said to get
http://www.midwayautosupply.co...6.jpg
Old 12-02-2007, 10:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i have the autolock brand one, and i love it, gives me piece of mind, so i can sleep at night.

and regardless if they can jump the switch, if you have a fuel cut switch, they CANT start the car. and if in some crazy way they get it started, have fun driving with no clutch its NOT easy, might be fine on a highway trip but driving through neighborhood streets, is NOT fun with no clutch.

so put it on the clutch. putting it on the brake is a stupid idea because they can still use the ebrake to stop.
Old 12-02-2007, 10:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thats what mine looks like
Old 12-02-2007, 11:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thats the exactt one i have i couldnt find a picture.

do u uuse it on the brake or the clutch?
Old 12-02-2007, 11:45 AM

Buy another put it on both pedles. Call it a day.
Old 12-02-2007, 11:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Clutch pedal or club don't work. Seen it get stolen with them on. I don't know about the pedal lock though?
Old 12-02-2007, 02:07 PM

Default Re: (Neebs)

Just get a damn boot for your wheel. That's what I have!
Old 12-02-2007, 02:22 PM

I think he's speaking of one of these gadgets, a pedal lock.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

why dont you make your own like this one, make it wide enough to cover both the break and clutch peddle, and hell why your at it, why n ot make a gard over your throttle so they cant use any of the peddles. it would be pretty simple if you had some steel a drill press, a trailor hich lock (yes thats the lock they use) or even a paddle lock, some ready rod (rod thats completely threaded) some nuts, and a welder. job done.
Old 12-02-2007, 03:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: club for your brake. do u think its better to put on brake pedal or clutch? (Frickr)

use a boot on the wheels and take out ecu. dont think they're going to be towing, pushing, or grinding away at that.

Old 12-02-2007, 03:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i put mine on the clutch. and if it DOES get stolen with that on there then they probably towed it away.

i like the clutch lock, it works,

i think combining the clutch lock with a fuel kill switch and a removeable steering wheel with lockable cover is the best thing you can do.

and those WHACK *** wanna be boots SUCK. they can just jack up the car and take off your wheel and throw a spare on. those boots dont cover the lugnuts. unless you get an official police boot that covers the whole wheel.

and locking lugnuts are useless.
Old 12-02-2007, 03:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

and to swap a wheel it takes literally less than 3 minutes to do it. so i dont wanna hear that stuff about takin a long time to jack up a car.

ive SEEN an entire set of wheels get stolen in 5 minutes.

that boot is sooooo useless.

only good one to use would be the official police ones that cover the whole face of the wheel.
Old 12-02-2007, 03:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (prettylew)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by prettylew &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

and those WHACK *** wanna be boots SUCK. they can just jack up the car and take off your wheel and throw a spare on. those boots dont cover the lugnuts. unless you get an official police boot that covers the whole wheel.

and locking lugnuts are useless.</TD></TR></TABLE>

PUT A CABLE THROUGH THE LCA CONNECTED TO THE BOOT.

ALSO THIEVES WOULD RATHER BE IN THE CAR THAN OUTSIDE OF THE CAR MAKING NOISE.

-BOOT
-CLUTCH LOCK
-ECU
=DONE
Old 12-07-2007, 04:17 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jxhxb &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

wow your retarted.
if you just lock your car and get insurance youll get your car stolen

i already have a engine kill switch RAVELCO.
and you need layers of security so i thought id get a brake club.

obviously we all lock our cars. you need something more than that unless you live in antarctica.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't understand why I have to be a retard because I think a pedal lock is a dumb device. That's what i hate about forums like this. Unless you're one of the "in crowd" amongst this site then you get picked on for giving your opinion. An ignition kill switch, car alarm, and insurance should be plenty to keep your car secure, unless you live in Compton. And if you get the right insurance company they will cover all your aftermarket items you put on the car, and in some cases reimburse you for labor to install it as well (as I said, that all depends on your insurance carrier), as long as you save all your receipts. But, that's just one retard's opinion. Sorry for having one I guess.
Old 12-07-2007, 05:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yes retard, because you stated simply "lock your car and get insurance" you never mentioned an ignition kill switch or an alarm.

so yes, your initial comment was retarded, your second made a bit more sense.

and if you think you have to live in compton to have your car stolen then you really should get out more.

Quick Reply: club for your brake. do u think its better to put on brake pedal or clutch?