Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Cleaning the inside/ outside of your engine

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 05:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cleaning the inside/ outside of your engine

What techniques are there for cleaning the inside of your motor? I've heard of motor flush, is that any good? Is it possible?
What about the outside of the engine. I just bought a 2 door 94 civic ex, the car was dirty including the surface of the engine and under the hood, How do I go about cleaning it. I've been told never to use water on the engine.
Old 08-24-2005, 05:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Cleaning the inside/ outside of your engine (jdaniels)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdaniels &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What techniques are there for cleaning the inside of your motor? I've heard of motor flush, is that any good? Is it possible?
What about the outside of the engine. I just bought a 2 door 94 civic ex, the car was dirty including the surface of the engine and under the hood, How do I go about cleaning it. I've been told never to use water on the engine. </TD></TR></TABLE>

If your planning to chean the engine bay, there are quite a few ways to do it. I ussually use Simple Green, a plastic brush, and water(hose). If you want to literally get rid of everything....get Gunk Engine cleaning foam spray(read the directions carefully).

Internal wise of the engine....It really depends on what part. Like there's fuel injection cleaner, Oil additive, and etc.