Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Cleaning that fowl odor from the A/C system, where to put the foam?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 03:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cleaning that fowl odor from the A/C system, where to put the foam?

I got some kool-it Evaporator & Heater Foam Cleaner for my A/C system and wondering if I'm supposed to insert the line into one of the A/C vents in the car or go up one of the lines under the car? it says empty the entire contents into the appropriate access hole and it will drip out the drain hole when it's done. I'm guessing the right side vent is closer to the blower box and that's where it's supposed to go. it comes with one can and a 2 or 3 foot line to get the stuff in there
Old 06-12-2006, 07:11 PM

Default Re: Cleaning that fowl odor from the A/C system, where to put the foam? (freezerburnv2)

your supost to drill a hole the size of the plastic line into the plastic casing for the evaporator, make sure you dont pucture the evaporator. than you turn your a/c on cold and recurcilate mode and you close all windows. push the top of the can to release the fluid inot the evaporator and let it run for like 30 minutes. than you open the windows and let it air for another 15 minutes.
Old 06-12-2006, 07:42 PM

Default Re: Cleaning that fowl odor from the A/C system, where to put the foam? (freezerburnv2)

hay u can all ways get ride of the a/c and free up some power if applicable that is . me iam a gluttony for small bits of freed up power . and the drilling a norther hole may work if it doesn't thin u can go my wrought lol jk
Old 06-14-2006, 08:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for the try guys, turns out the glove box folds out of the why when you pinch it, then there is a crease where the evap box *CLIPS* to the blower box from passenger seat Evaporator is on the left fan box on the right connected to form one box you can slightly pry the front of the plastic box to open a crack between the two and insert the thin line in there to get the foam in the right place, sprayed the entire can in there like it said and boom the smell is gone pretty nice, I'm thinking some cars might need it done twice but eh...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fast_violin_tech &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hay u can all ways get ride of the a/c and free up some power if applicable that is . me iam a gluttony for small bits of freed up power . and the drilling a norther hole may work if it doesn't thin u can go my wrought lol jk</TD></TR></TABLE>

Come on man, it's like 100 Degrees out there in this Florida heat. Thing is if you don't have the A/C button on it won't move the inner workings of the A/C compressor. the A/C Compressor has a Clutch on it that engages when you press the A/C button in the car it's only 20 Pounds you can lose 14 pounds on the atkin's diet in a week.. Don’t go suggesting people to remove A/C when they will come back with sweat down their backs wishing they had A/C I don't know how many people that break their A/C come back sooner or later and cry about how much it cost for repairs of the thing.. Doesn’t even matter in a drag race unless it's a Full Race Car and you’re dumping everything from seats, carpet, dashboard and such. I'm hoping you where being sarcastic...
Old 06-14-2006, 05:33 PM

im glad you got it working that way. my way is the way i do it on vw's. the ac deoderises we use come with a plastic plug you put into the evaporator casing after you drill the hole.