Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

civic vs spec V(5)

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 05:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default civic vs spec V(5)

i raced my homeboy with a spec V.. i got a 98 civic ex cold air, straight pipe and racing wires.. he got the same as me but a lil more in is car. any wayz we raced i beat him of the line and by 3-4 car lengths. i was like wtf i tought i was gonna lose.. we ran it back like 4 times and won all.. is there anything in my car i cant see that made me gain that much power.. any info??
Old 10-15-2006, 05:39 PM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Info:

Your friend sucks ***** at driving his car. Anyone who knows how to launch and shift would have walked you like an ugly dog .... quickly, and without looking back.
Old 10-15-2006, 05:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Eran)

I hope this was on the track?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kidphantastick &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> i raced my homeboy with a spec V.. i got a 98 civic ex cold air, straight pipe and racing wires.. he got the same as me but a lil more in is car. any wayz we raced i beat him of the line and by 3-4 car lengths. i was like wtf i tought i was gonna lose.. we ran it back like 4 times and won all.. is there anything in my car i cant see that made me gain that much power.. any info??</TD></TR></TABLE>

WTF are racing wires? If you mean plug wires, replace them back to stock, you are losing power with those.
Old 10-15-2006, 05:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Info:

Your friend sucks ***** at driving his car. Anyone who knows how to launch and shift would have walked you like an ugly dog .... quickly, and without looking back.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes..

and Racing wires? Lmao, what the expletive are those? Maybe you mean the extra thick ones that reduce magnetic fluxes so they don't expletive with your radio (but every set of plug wires has been like that since the 70's)

Racing wires = ZERO hp in any way. Maybe it's a good weight reduction technique, lmao.

In any event, I assume you're talking about the Nissan Sentra Spec-V? If I am thinking of the same car that you raced, your friend either has a pathetically broken *** car, or is a pathetically bad driver and should shoot himself reptitively in the legs and bleed out - this way he can't work a clutch anymore and infect the rest of the Nissan population.

If that car was in normal condition (100% stock) and had any regular driver (that has any idea how to launch) he woulda wrecked you - plain and simple.

Tell your friend a msg from me: He sucks at life.

PS: I can just picture some dumb *** white boy holding his nissan to the redline and popping the clutch and wondering why he's losing O.o

Old 10-15-2006, 05:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Info:

Your friend sucks ***** at driving his car. Anyone who knows how to launch and shift would have walked you like an ugly dog .... quickly, and without looking back.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yep that is true...plus you have to remember that our EJ8's/EJ1's are quick off the line...if your a good driver and get a good launch you can keep up with TEG's/EM1's until the beginning of 3rd gear...i know i've raced a stock EM1 and stock gsr with just a SRI...i beat them off the line, but once vtec kicks in 3rd gear they start pulling...o and i was bone stock too..with just my resonater removed and k/n drop in filter...it really depends on the driver bro...i feel sorrie for your friend man what a waste of spec V...haha...
Old 10-15-2006, 05:48 PM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Go post this thread here:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/
Old 10-15-2006, 05:48 PM

Default Re: civic vs spec V(5) (kidphantastick)

Modified by McFlurry at 7:24 PM 10/16/2006