Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

civic si em1 insurance ?, just need some info

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 07:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default civic si em1 insurance ?, just need some info

so I'm getting an 00 si and have some ? plz answer if u can thx
1-is 5600$ for a 00 si with 89000 miles a good deal, test drove it and it was fine
2-is insurance high on this car compared to my old 96 civic ex
3-is this car reliable, I mean as say compared to a sohc civic
4-is it faster than a teg ls

mostly I'm afraid of insurance prices LOL
Old 03-16-2008, 08:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: civic si em1 insurance ?, just need some info (v8killaz)

never felt so lonly on h-t
Old 03-16-2008, 08:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

the best information i received was from Progressive. they told me that because both my crx and 97 coupe are under full coverage the best thing to do would be to get my cars appraised by a legal appraiser and that if something does happen to one of my cars, knock on wood, that the appraisers letter or statement can serve as legal documentation and that everything including the value of all items on my car at the time of appraisal would have to be returned to me from the insurance company.
Old 03-16-2008, 09:01 PM
Cool Cool Island Breezes. BOY-EE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by v8killaz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so I'm getting an 00 si and have some ? plz answer if u can thx
1-is 5600$ for a 00 si with 89000 miles a good deal, test drove it and it was fine
2-is insurance high on this car compared to my old 96 civic ex
3-is this car reliable, I mean as say compared to a sohc civic
4-is it faster than a teg ls

mostly I'm afraid of insurance prices LOL
</TD></TR></TABLE>

1.) Yes. VERY GOOD deal. Jump on it.
2.) Mine is like $280 every 6 months, IIRC. Full coverage thru allstate. I'm 22. + Look at the attatched pic below.
3.) Yes. The car is as reliable or more reliable than your SOHC. The B series is a stronger engine, built better for spirited driving. Stronger internals, much better oiling, etc. It has more moving parts, however. No big deal. Maintain it and it will last a long *** time. It's a Honda.
4.) Yes.
5.) Buy theft protection first. Buy lots of it...and buy full coverage on your insurance. The car will most likely be stolen if you dont put it in a garage.

More have gone up since the pic was taken. lol but none on my record. Fought a lot of them. Got out in other ways on the rest. I dont know why this pic is relevant because none of them are on my record. But it's pretty cool lookin.

Go get a quote from your insurance company. It's the most accurate way. If it's too high, go get a quote from a different company. Ask your company to match it or say bye bye. Make sure you go to a REPUTABLE company with real customer service and preferrably your own agent.
Old 03-16-2008, 09:21 PM
footwork mastery

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: civic si em1 insurance ?, just need some info (B serious)

haha wowza, what are all those tickets for? mostly speeding or what?
Old 03-16-2008, 09:33 PM

Default Re: civic si em1 insurance ?, just need some info (.Grimace)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .Grimace &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">haha wowza, what are all those tickets for? mostly speeding or what?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Lots of stuff. An officer once exclaimed in court that I was "very nude" to her. I thought she meant rude. But I guess I was nude. Must have been drunk as well.

On a serious note...they range pretty wildly. There's 21 or 22 up there at the current time, IIRC. That's an out dated pic. I get a lot of B.S. tickets. Or atleast...I used to. I fight a lot of them like I said above.
Old 03-16-2008, 09:37 PM
footwork mastery

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

danm i've only had like 4, fought them all too. so really none on my record. just seems like you couldn't keep winning time after time. the judge has to be suspicious
Old 03-16-2008, 10:27 PM

Default Re: civic si em1 insurance ?, just need some info (.Grimace)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .Grimace &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">danm i've only had like 4, fought them all too. so really none on my record. just seems like you couldn't keep winning time after time. the judge has to be suspicious </TD></TR></TABLE>

even if I dont win, there's other ways around having them on your record. It's free and doesn't involve a lawyer. I wont discuss, however lol.

I fought a ticket for "illegal U turn" that was totally baseless, for example. The cop just said to let it go as the prosecutor called me up. There have been other bullshit tickets that I've fought as well. Usually, the cop knows they're wrong giving out the ticket, but if you dont show up to protest, the state "earns" $75 or more. F#$k that. There were also about 4 or 5 for my plates being suspended due to a paper work glitch at the DMV and secratary of states office. That was REALLY freaking annoying to have to keep going back to court for the same thing and having it dismissed. I fought one for yellow headlights back when that was the craze. They're LEGAL in the state of illinois. I tried to tell the cop that, but he gave me the ticket anyway. I went to court for that twice to get it all cleared up and the jackass didn't even show up for the 2nd date. I was gonna chew him out in front of the judge for sure. I once had a tire blow out as I was turning into a neighborhood going 25-30mph MAX, and my car fishtailed onto wet grass. Needless to say, I couldn't stop on wet grass...so I hit a fence. That was a total BS ticket that I couldn't get out of no matter how much I tried. The cop was a jerkoff.

Iduno. The stories can keep going lol. I have a few speeding tickets as well. The funny thing is that I'm a pretty laid back driver. I dont usually go at unsafe speeds. I may go like 55 in a 45 or something and get rolled. But they usually just let me go for that stuff. I drive between 10-15 over the speed limit either in the flow of traffic or when nobody's on the road. I'm very laid back, safe, and courteous to other drivers. I just used to get rolled for RIDICULOUS things. I've gotten out of a lot of tickets at the point of pullover as well, though. At least 10 times.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

best info b sirious, thx for the help
Old 03-17-2008, 03:57 AM

Location: ....................................................................................................
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

insurance on hondas vary my 94 ex cp i only pay 303 a year