Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

civic si 93 electrical lights problem HELP PLEASE PICTURE!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2006, 08:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default civic si 93 electrical lights problem HELP PLEASE PICTURE!!

excuse my grammer but heres the story, i just purchase a 93 honda civic si with 98 ls swap and not knowing what was wrong with it until i drove it off the drive way.

first i notice the left blinker light did not work when the headlight was on and it stayed on picture below

when i would turn left without the headlight both front and back turn signal would work but it would blink really fast like there was a burnt bulb and the bulbs are brand new. i also notice the front left turn signal lighs is alittle dimmer compare to the rest

when i poped the hood i saw 3 harness on the driver side that was not plugged in picture below

then i saw some wires that was cut next to the driver side headlights

then on the passanger side there was a harness not plug in not sure what it is

where should i start?

Old 06-25-2006, 10:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: civic si 93 electrical lights problem HELP PLEASE PICTURE!! (b00stME)

those wires that are cut near theadlights might just be where flood lights once where
but its late im tired and could be wrong
Old 06-26-2006, 12:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: civic si 93 electrical lights problem HELP PLEASE PICTURE!! (o0Jash0o)

so wait you bought a car before you even drove it? Ok well since it is done and over with I wont rag on you but ALWAYS drive a car before you buy it. The swap could have been done half ***'ly by some kid (happens quite often) so you may have to take it to a shop to have everything checked over to make sure it was installed right.
Old 06-26-2006, 01:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: civic si 93 electrical lights problem HELP PLEASE PICTURE!! (1_slow_K20)

The 2nd picture wih the orange plug is for ABS, which it appears you do not have ?

Most of the time, Honda uses brown/black or pure black to denote grounds. Picture one illustrates a distribution block for grounds, all the wires meet there and are grounded to the chassis.

For the grounds - can you trace back where the wires were cut?

I can check my notes and see if I wrote down wire colors for the chassis harness and try to figure out some of those rogue plugs
Old 07-03-2006, 09:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: civic si 93 electrical lights problem HELP PLEASE PICTURE!! (B18EG6)

thanks for the help, i just downloaded the manual and it helped me out a whole bunch. i bought this car from a friend who i trust and the engine runs great.. just alittle electrical problems but i decided to buy the complete harness from dash to engine bay thanks for the help
Old 07-03-2006, 09:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: civic si 93 electrical lights problem HELP PLEASE PICTURE!! (b00stME)

b18eg are u the one who did the engine harness tuck?
Old 07-04-2006, 01:43 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b00stME &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">excuse my grammer but heres the story, i just purchase a 93 honda civic si with 98 ls swap and not knowing what was wrong with it until i drove it off the drive way.

first i notice the left blinker light did not work when the headlight was on and it stayed on picture below

when i would turn left without the headlight both front and back turn signal would work but it would blink really fast like there was a burnt bulb and the bulbs are brand new. i also notice the front left turn signal lighs is alittle dimmer compare to the rest

when i poped the hood i saw 3 harness on the driver side that was not plugged in picture below

Green is for the ABS wheel sensor. The teal one is for the power steering pressure switch. And the red one is for cruise control.

then i saw some wires that was cut next to the driver side headlights

That is your junction connector for your grounds, just seems to be something was removed along those lines, but the box has to be grounded for your blinker to work.

then on the passanger side there was a harness not plug in not sure what it is

This is for your horn

where should i start? </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 07-04-2006, 02:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b00stME &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

where should i start?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

i think that is for your fan, not the horn. my horn has 2 spade connectors for it, but i could be wrong