Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Which Civic should i choose?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 11:41 AM
* B A N N E D *

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Civic should i choose?

I'm 16, just sold my civic for 5800, and i am looking for a car to take on as a project, the links to the cars are below.

#1 Civic SOHC vtec w/ extras
http://seattle.craigslist.org/....html

#2 98 Civic

#3 Type r Shell

Or if anyone knows of another car for sale in the north west hit me up
Old 01-21-2007, 11:59 AM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Which Civic should i choose? (nicko360)

at 16 you don't need a project car holmes.

You need a ride to get to highschool, and your job. If anything turn a stock civic into a homemade turbo setup when you graduate. The last thing you need at 16 is anything fast. I'm 18, and the LAST thing I need is a turbo civic...

But I'm going to make one anyway.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (VtecMongruel)

I'd go with number 2, the nasty one, only becaues it looks to be the most "whole" car there. The others I believe would need too much work and attention for someone who needs to be focusing on going through high school and probably a job. That one you can de-rice if you will and build off of the stock car. I'm not trying to insult or anything, please don't take it that way. It's just something you should look into so you don't have a car that you regret getting and can't use while you work on it.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:35 PM

i would just buy a bone stock civic and go from there you would prob use less money doing it my way
Old 01-21-2007, 02:17 PM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All of those look like complete garbage. They all require more work to put them to a state that I would want them in.

Buying a stock one is the way to go.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:12 PM

Default Re: (Eran)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">All of those look like complete garbage. They all require more work to put them to a state that I would want them in.

Buying a stock one is the way to go.</TD></TR></TABLE>
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by danscompbiker90 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i would just buy a bone stock civic and go from there you would prob use less money doing it my way</TD></TR></TABLE>

Chea they are all shitty get astock one for cheap,great gas mileage,great potential,and running!You can get around in it.So what its a type R?if you buy a ls integra you are better off replacing everything in it to a ype R equivalent but that would be pointless but still way cheaper than trying to build that shell.too many things to do in a shell and yyoure just 16.Im 16 myself and i would never get any of those.Go for a stock one where you can add things to it according to your budget. for the money you have now you can tune a stock one and be faster/better looking than all of those 3 put togeter.

bottom line:STOCK FTW!
Old 01-21-2007, 03:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd say none.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:38 PM

I think they are all horrible!! (no offence)
The 2nd one is the worst one out of them all!!! I am sure that you could find some much better rides. Just take your time and don't rush into anything!!! Like someone has already said it would probably be better to get one that is pretty much stock execpt for some bolt on stuff and go from there. That way you know it was done right and it wasn't done half ***!! But that is just my opinion !!

*~: Amber :~*
Old 01-21-2007, 03:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Syndacate)

none ....
Old 01-21-2007, 03:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Which Civic should i choose? (speedemon6900)

i'd say none.. search some more for stock cars around that price range... you'll def. find one. it just takes patiences.
Old 01-21-2007, 04:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Which Civic should i choose? (bpkmrtoes)

hey nicko what happend to the red EK? no go huh?
Old 01-21-2007, 04:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Which Civic should i choose? (Throwdown)

waiting for CRX voters to find the open poll...I voted none. But the kid still needs to get a life
Old 01-21-2007, 04:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Which Civic should i choose? (Dublin)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dublin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">waiting for CRX voters to find the open poll...I voted none. But the kid still needs to get a life</TD></TR></TABLE> get a life ??? maybe this isn't the forum to be asking this but who are you to say he needs to get a life when he is trying to get help with purchasing a car ..at least he wants opinions ... we may save him from jumping into a ******* disaster
Old 01-21-2007, 05:04 PM
Ek Forever y0!

1. Definately disregarding any future information about MY car from you.
- After the responses you gave me, and the car choices you have. Taste/values

2. 5800 goes a long way towards a nice eg or a stock ek.

3. Buying a used/fixed up honda with highmiles is like marrying an ex-hooker. All of those cars have been ridden hard and put up wet.

4. Be original, build your own car, or be cool and drive a stock honda and wear expensive shades you found at an outlet store. ( I'm a prime example )
Old 01-21-2007, 05:08 PM

None. All of them are rice rockets. The Type R shell is probably worthless.
Old 01-21-2007, 05:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (Syndacate)

I bought my kid an Ex-police car. 4000 lbs crown vic with 77K miles on it. Gets his learners in 6 days. Plenty of room to bang a chick in the back seat too.

I figure the first car's disposable. As long as he doesn't hit a big tree, he should walk away from most accidents. There's no chance in hell I'd give a 16 year old a tin-foil car like a Civic (though I love those tin-foil car's myself).
Old 01-21-2007, 05:28 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Default Re: (MasterKwan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MasterKwan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I bought my kid an Ex-police car. 4000 lbs crown vic with 77K miles on it. Gets his learners in 6 days. Plenty of room to bang a chick in the back seat too.

I figure the first car's disposable. As long as he doesn't hit a big tree, he should walk away from most accidents. There's no chance in hell I'd give a 16 year old a tin-foil car like a Civic (though I love those tin-foil car's myself). </TD></TR></TABLE>

Well said, and well done with the choice for teh kid. It's probably what I needed. Any kid, rich or poor needs a piece for their first year or two of driving.
Old 01-21-2007, 05:31 PM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MasterKwan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I bought my kid an Ex-police car. 4000 lbs crown vic with 77K miles on it. Gets his learners in 6 days. Plenty of room to bang a chick in the back seat too.

I figure the first car's disposable. As long as he doesn't hit a big tree, he should walk away from most accidents. There's no chance in hell I'd give a 16 year old a tin-foil car like a Civic (though I love those tin-foil car's myself). </TD></TR></TABLE>

My first car was an 92 accord. Had one accident, which was, according to the officer, my fault. My light was yellow, and the turn lane across from me had already turned green. I t-boned the first driver through. I was able to slow down to about 20 before pinning them.

If I had been in my civic, I would have most likely had a lot more damage. All the accord needed was a bumper and hood ... oddly enough, I was on my way home from ordering a carbon-fiber hood. Lucky me.

My current vehicle is a 97 Civic CX. I swerved to avoid a dog in a parking lot and popped up into a planter bed. I was going 15mph, 20 tops. I needed a new bumper, radiator, grill, oil pan, pickup screen, secondary o2 sensor, radiator support, and a new subframe rail.

Brick of steel sedans ftw.
Old 01-21-2007, 05:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Throwdown &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> get a life ??? maybe this isn't the forum to be asking this but who are you to say he needs to get a life when he is trying to get help with purchasing a car ..at least he wants opinions ... we may save him from jumping into a ******* disaster</TD></TR></TABLE>
its a poll choice fucktard. there are other, cheaper choices he can go with. get at car and start from scratch. dont waste time and money trying to fix all the other **** on those other cars. not worth it to inherit someone elses problem
Old 01-21-2007, 05:36 PM
All Motor Mentor

lol...your info says you're 22 and you have a 16yr old kid? You must have been one busy 5-6yr old in the back seat of your parents car...
Old 01-21-2007, 05:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hahaha you live in the same area as me that first civic on there was on there when i bought my civic, its been on there for about 3 or 4 months. I wouldn't get a project. buying one of those cars is like buying somebody elses problem!
Old 01-21-2007, 06:01 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: (Eran)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">All of those look like complete garbage. They all require more work to put them to a state that I would want them in.

Buying a stock one is the way to go.</TD></TR></TABLE>
I couldn't agree more.

Okay, so I wasn't 16 when I got my first car... but anyway... I was offered a '95 Corsica from my mom for free... with one condition. I'd have to share it with my younger sister. I said, "No thanks." It angered my mom, but my sister got the car and a lot of headaches were saved. My sister ended up being the one to get rid of it with a blown head gasket a few years later.

My first car was a '97 Civic EX coupe. I bought it when I was about 18. All my own money, though my father did cosign. I totalled the car about a year later.

The good thing is I walked away. I ended up with seatbelt burns, a sore nose (airbag) and a hairline fractured rib. I was able to walk away because of the massive crumple zones on my car, which were definately used in my crash. Now, I didn't hit a tree... but I'd say it's comparable. This was caused by a sidewall blowout on a brand new tire. I hadn't even gotten home yet.

If you look in the background you can see what I hit in comparision with other cars. I hit a concrete pillar at the base of a light pole. They're sunken into the ground. I moved it about half an inch.

I just want to show that having a car that's supposed to get few damages in a crash isn't always a good thing. Sure, it might save you a buck if you're in a little accident... but the force of the collision has to go somewhere.

Ask Eran about the wreck we were just in over the holidays (rear ended at a red light). Had the PT Cruiser we were in had a more solid and traditional frame we would both be in a lot more pain now.

Oh, and insurance paid the car off. I have made sure to get GAP insurance on both cars just in case too. So I actually got some cash to get a new car a few months later and yes, I got another 6G coupe.

Old 01-21-2007, 06:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Which Civic should i choose? (ek forever guy)

In response to what thus guy said:
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ek forever guy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">at 16 you don't need a project car holmes.

You need a ride to get to highschool, and your job. If anything turn a stock civic into a homemade turbo setup when you graduate. The last thing you need at 16 is anything fast. I'm 18, and the LAST thing I need is a turbo civic...

But I'm going to make one anyway. </TD></TR></TABLE>

He is definatly right. I didn't get anything fast until I turned 20 and even then things got out of hand. Now im 22 and I am getting to the point where I know how to handle it and I can mess around and still be safe because I know my limits. my b18c civic with a hand full of bolt ons moves good but I didn't start out with that.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:40 PM
New User

Default Re: Which Civic should i choose? (JeffBro)

don't hurry you're self, better car's selling out there.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:41 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: Which Civic should i choose? (JeffBro)

dude those cars are alot of work man, i picked up a project car when i was 16, a 2000 dollar civic, ricer automatic similar to the first car, wow im 18 and im still working on it its been 5 grand now and a turbokit and manual transmisson later

dude your parents would ride on you for having all that **** in their house i know mine do

Quick Reply: Which Civic should i choose?