Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Civic running really rich after Ls swap..

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 07:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Civic running really rich after Ls swap..

I've been doing alot searching, and replaced and checked a few things on thecar, but I'm still stumped on what's going on with this swap. Before doing the swap we changed the timing belt, and everything was lined up correctly. It might be off, but i'll check it tomorrow. Anyways, so I've replaced my fuel filter, checked my distributor, checked my pcv valve, replaced my spark plugs, wirings still look fine and everything seems to be working. I've also adjusted my idle to around 900-1000. Spark plugs seem to be black after running the car for about 15 minz. Heres my question, does the pcv valve have to be for a integra?Because I just grabbed one from autozone and stuck it on there because they all looked identical. Anyways, the car isn't throwing any CELs so I don't know what's up.
When I'm sitting at a dead stop, it would idle from 300-500 almost dying. In first gear, I would have to rev pass 2500, to make the car move because it would bog and die. When going 10+mph and putting it in neutral will make idle from 300-500 again when coming to a stop. In every gear if I gun the gas it seems as if it mistfires/bogs really bad, but as I lay off the gas, and slowly push it finally picks up speed. Once I get moving and out of first gear, it's fine. Actually, it seems that if I let it roll a bit first it'll be ok. The strange thing is, sometimes the hesitation is very pronounced, and sometimes the car runs perfectly. But when the motor is warmed up the bogging begins. The other thing is, when I'm driving in first or second, it seems to have less power as if i'm losing hp and torque.

1) If your cam timing were off, what would happen exactly?
2) If my TPS or O2,map sensors were damaged wouldn't it throw a CEL?
Right now I'm in the process of getting a chipped p28 and tuning my car. Do you guys think this will work?
3) Do you think it's my ignition timing? How the distributor has to be a certain degree?

Donny

Old 08-28-2006, 08:15 AM

Default Re: Civic running really rich after Ls swap.. (rdonnyr)

Anyone?
Old 08-28-2006, 08:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Civic running really rich after Ls swap.. (rdonnyr)

My friend had a similar problem to this on another motor though. And in his case, it was the cam timing it was off a tooth of the cam gear. His car would do the same as you said. That his cam timing was all retarded, that why it was acting so weird like that. Usually by accident when its goes advance it run rich but not as bad as retarded time. Mostlikely it might me the same problem your having, but ask around to see what other says.

Good luck.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:04 PM

Default Re: Civic running really rich after Ls swap.. (4u2nv1313)

Thanks.
Got a new ecu fixed the bogging problem, but still running rich at idle.