Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

civic help misc...

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 03:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default civic help misc...

ok, so i rebuilt my gsr with ls crank, ls rods and type r pistons. runs good but i want more out of it. i've already got a nitrous setup and got the nitrous lines ran, selenoids mounted to firewall, installed a walboro 255hp fuel pump today. the motor also has a skunk2 intake manifold and dc headers but there about to come off for something else, there smashed on the bottom pretty bad...

now my questions are, what size shot would be safe on the motor i have setup? the motors prob. got pretty good compression.

secondly, when i do the fpr regular and t off the line going from the fuel filter to the fuel rail, does it really matter what side of the T the fpr is on? i've searched. nobody seems to know the answer to my questions and i haven't found anything useful.
Old 05-14-2010, 05:53 PM
Global Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: civic help misc...

Originally Posted by x_doug-x
i've searched. nobody seems to know the answer to my questions and i haven't found anything useful.
Hmm.. wonder why?

MAKE YOUR TOPIC TITLES SUBJECT SPECIFIC! NOT JUST "HELP" ETC.
Old 05-14-2010, 06:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the motor "probably" having good compression will probably blow up soon after spraying it. a compression test takes all of 10-15 minutes tops, and needs to be done to know the health status of your motor. as far as the shot, a 50-75 shot is the biggest you should/can go without needing to upgrade injectors and timing.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 300whpej
the motor "probably" having good compression will probably blow up soon after spraying it. a compression test takes all of 10-15 minutes tops, and needs to be done to know the health status of your motor. as far as the shot, a 50-75 shot is the biggest you should/can go without needing to upgrade injectors and timing.

health status? the motors been rebuilt about 2 weeks now, i built it myself.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Jimmy

thanks for making that clear, don't gotta be a dick about it. i don't post here much, don't believe me check and see. maybe you should fill that thread with millions of topics so everyone sees it when they do a search? "ding ding ding"
Old 05-14-2010, 07:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

while thats fine and dandy, a compression test is fairly simple and only requires you to remove spark plugs, could possibly save your motor. if you feel that your motor is stout enough to spray it, go ahead.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:50 PM
Global Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by x_doug-x
thanks for making that clear, don't gotta be a dick about it. i don't post here much, don't believe me check and see. maybe you should fill that thread with millions of topics so everyone sees it when they do a search? "ding ding ding"
I think that's the issue. Take a second to read the stickies at the top of the forum.

I'm not trying to be a dick, Actually trying to help.. It's clear most people just avoid the topic titles like ''help, help me please, etc''

We also have a dedicated forced induction forum where there are tons of topic regarding nitrous setups.

ok, so i rebuilt my gsr with ls crank, ls rods and type r pistons. runs good but i want more out of it. i've already got a nitrous setup and got the nitrous lines ran, selenoids mounted to firewall, installed a walboro 255hp fuel pump today. the motor also has a skunk2 intake manifold and dc headers but there about to come off for something else, there smashed on the bottom pretty bad...
What's your budget.. How much do you plan on spending? Check in the all motor forum too.

https://honda-tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1870263

now my questions are, what size shot would be safe on the motor i have setup? the motors prob. got pretty good compression.
I've safely ran a wet 45 shot (nitrous express kit) on my stock b18c1. (skunk 2 intake manifold, dc header with 2.5 collector, apexi n1 catback, b16 tranny, chipped p28) I would recommend you change plugs.. I'll see if i can find a part number for the ones I used.. or try searching.

Their are people on here who probably run 100-150 shot. I'm sure some are stock and some are built.

IMHO, i really don't like nitrous and the overall effects it will have on your engine. I would suggest getting a set of cams/valvetrain.. bad *** header then a really good tune.

I ran consist 9.2's / 9.1's in the 1/8 mile in my gsr eg coupe with a 2.0 60 foot on falken azenis.. Threw on the 45 wet shot just temporarily and managed 8.8/8.7's (1/8 mile)

It can still be quick without nitrous.

Last edited by Jimmy; 05-14-2010 at 08:08 PM.