Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

civic got broken into!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 09:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default civic got broken into!

i parked my eg coupe on saturday night, and i know i locked the doors and armed the alarm, with autolock... those actions are done all the time, never forget to do taht.. anyways its on the street for 1 and a half days and this morining (monday) i went to go get the car to go to school..

i press the button on my transmitter and its suppose to chirp twice, to disarm.. but it only shirped once, so that means its arming.. so im like wtf? so i went in and no windows are broken, and nothing is gone.. then i look at the passenger door and it was unlocked (i dont have power door locks) so im like.. hmmm i later inspected the passenger doors and other stuff and cant see any markings or whatever. then i tried my power windows and its all good.

i think that people should really look out for their cars.. i mean i never heard my alarm go off and they still managed to get into the car, without breaking in and cant find a trace. and i found my trunk open latch thingy all the way up, but they cant open it cause the wire has been cut by the previous owner.

im the only person that has the keys and the alarm transmitter, and no one in the house drives a stick, so it must of been some thief. oh yea i have a B7 under the hood.. its a daily driver, thief must of popped the hood and found that its a d series and just gave up on it
Old 04-04-2005, 09:56 AM
Imperious: Mod of Valor

Default Re: civic got broken into! (civiccoupe94)

Seattle huh.. Scary I'm about 30 miles north. Atleast they didn't steal anything.
Old 04-04-2005, 10:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: civic got broken into! (JDM-EJ1)

that sucks you dont need to break a window to get in a car at the auction at my work theres a guy that can get into a locked car in seconds with a slim jim. but if you alarm was on thats weird. you might wanna think about taking out the locks on the inside so there is no way to slim jim it and disconect the lock button on the inside. just a thought. check this out too
https://honda-tech.com/zero...age=1
Old 04-04-2005, 10:11 AM

Default Re: civic got broken into! (e jay one)

That deadbolt kit seems really hard to install, I didn't see a link to where that guy bought the remote system. Anyone have any ideas?
Old 04-04-2005, 10:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Bump. I went through the same thing last week... Neighbor found my car sittin in front of their garage. No broken windows, just snapped of the B-pillar moulding and slim-jimmed it. F_ckers weren't too bright tho... Stole my BuddyClub seat, Schroth Harness [well, half of it] and my shift **** and broke my ignition tho. At least they left the Gucci sunglasses

Think on the bright side... At least they left everything and you still have a working car.
Old 04-04-2005, 10:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Seattle sucks ***. Wish I didn't live here. Gotta watch out for my car every damn second.
Old 04-04-2005, 10:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it says jc whitney or something like that but what the kit is is to put power door locks on a car with out them but this guy hooked up the actuators (originally intended to lock or unlock the door) to a rod so when you push the button the rod slides out. just another thing for a theif to go through to me all the little things add up even if they can be broken it will take a theif that much longer to have to climb though a broken window and maybe youll catch his bitch ***.
Old 04-04-2005, 10:20 AM

Default Re: civic got broken into! (e jay one)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by e jay one &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it says jc whitney or something like that but what the kit is is to put power door locks on a car with out them but this guy hooked up the actuators (originally intended to lock or unlock the door) to a rod so when you push the button the rod slides out. just another thing for a theif to go through to me all the little things add up even if they can be broken it will take a theif that much longer to have to climb though a broken window and maybe youll catch his bitch ***.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Awesome, it seems REALLY hard to install though.
Old 04-04-2005, 10:21 AM

Default Re: civic got broken into! (chowmien)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chowmien &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Seattle sucks ***. Wish I didn't live here. Gotta watch out for my car every damn second.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, I live in the Everett/Marysville area and I hate leaving my car in Seattle, it's just a bad idea.
Old 04-04-2005, 12:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hmm now i feel lucky that i didnt have the deadbolt thing... i mean if i had it they would of just smashed the window and find out i have a D series, then that just leaves me with a broken window.. LOL
Old 04-04-2005, 12:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (civiccoupe94)

Yeah, just had someone last night try and break into my car. Not to smart though. Compustar alarm paged me at like 2 in the morn. So I ran outside with my rotty, to see my car fine and alarm going. I look up the street just to see a dark figure run into the catwalk. ******. He tried to pick the lock (some scratches on it) but my automatic door looks just kept locking on him. Not too brite since it say's compustar on the window (abviously someone will get paged and be on your *** with a rotty in a sec.). Got 2way paging alarm, ign and starter disabler, two kill switches, club, hood and hatch pin, autolock, lock my steering wheel and my dad park's his ford crewcab behind me. Anyways, They will try anything I guess.