Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

civic fogs

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 08:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default civic fogs

has anyone bought these fogs for the 99-00 civic? how did they fit and how long have they lasted? thanks
Old 09-06-2008, 08:27 AM
I am my avatar

Depends on where you buy them from, then that'll vary on how they fit.

Old 09-06-2008, 08:33 AM

Default Re: civic fogs (mmmbobby)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mmmbobby &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">has anyone bought these fogs for the 99-00 civic? how did they fit and how long have they lasted? thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

haha has anyone bought fogs for a 99-00 civic. No man, not a soul. Do you have pictures? that would be cool!
of course people have!
haha anyways, yeah it really will depend where you get them from, brand and what not. They all usually last pretty long, and fitment is pretty simple since the EM1 bumper has the almost pre-cut casing on the bumper. If you get the like 400 dollar stanley fogs, they will last a long time and fit great, but if you buy the 40 dollar depo fogs, they will usually last a while and fit good, but once in a while you get ones that burn out, leak water, etc. But, then again its worth the chance. worse case you end up spending 80 dollars cuz you had to buy 2 pairs of depo fogs cuz one was bad... whatever, im over it!
Old 09-06-2008, 08:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: civic fogs (team_exceed)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by team_exceed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

haha has anyone bought fogs for a 99-00 civic. No man, not a soul. Do you have pictures? that would be cool!
of course people have!
haha anyways, yeah it really will depend where you get them from, brand and what not. They all usually last pretty long, and fitment is pretty simple since the EM1 bumper has the almost pre-cut casing on the bumper. If you get the like 400 dollar stanley fogs, they will last a long time and fit great, but if you buy the 40 dollar depo fogs, they will usually last a while and fit good, but once in a while you get ones that burn out, leak water, etc. But, then again its worth the chance. worse case you end up spending 80 dollars cuz you had to buy 2 pairs of depo fogs cuz one was bad... whatever, im over it! </TD></TR></TABLE> lol lol sorry guys i meant to post this link, but i forgot to do it before i posted. lol
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/1885352
Old 09-06-2008, 09:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

nobody?
Old 09-06-2008, 09:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you're planning on buying those?
Old 09-06-2008, 09:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'd rather go with these.

http://passwordjdm.com/Passwor....aspx

thats where i got mine from.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: civic fogs (Adankid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Adankid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you're planning on buying those?</TD></TR></TABLE>
would i be making a post about them if i wasn't planning on buying them? anyone have them???
Old 09-06-2008, 09:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: civic fogs (Adankid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Adankid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'd rather go with these.

http://passwordjdm.com/Passwor....aspx

thats where i got mine from.</TD></TR></TABLE>
and did they fit good? was it all plug and play?
Old 09-06-2008, 09:45 AM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The **** Password sells are the same thing the OP listed in his link. It's DEPO garbage, has grounding issues, an ugly switch, and requires direct power feed instead of being plug and play.

Get the OEM foglights from your local Honda dealership.

If i have to hear, "But they cost too much...." then I'm never posting in one of your threads again.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Eran)

does the honda dealer sell yellow fogs? or just usdm clear ones?
Old 09-06-2008, 09:50 AM
HT White Ops

No, the Honda dealer does not sell yellow fogs. Get clear ones and use yellow bulbs .... the light output will be better.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

is there a yellow film that i can use to tint over them? or could i paint it? i don't know i just like yellow fogs.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:54 AM
HT White Ops

Lamin-X and Headlight Armor make yellow film.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The **** Password sells are the same thing the OP listed in his link. It's DEPO garbage, has grounding issues, an ugly switch, and requires direct power feed instead of being plug and play.

Get the OEM foglights from your local Honda dealership.

If i have to hear, "But they cost too much...." then I'm never posting in one of your threads again.</TD></TR></TABLE>

mine fit great, never burnt out on me, never gave any problems.

and what do you mean the switch is ugly?
Old 09-06-2008, 09:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks for all your replies guys. i think i'll just go oem...
Old 09-06-2008, 10:00 AM
HT White Ops

Default Re: (Adankid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Adankid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

mine fit great, never burnt out on me, never gave any problems.

and what do you mean the switch is ugly?</TD></TR></TABLE>

It's this chinsey, black plastic, see thru bullshit with no changeable bulb. The grounding and leaking issues are well documented throughout the Honda community. They're just crap compared with the Raybrig counterparts.

You are 17 years old and have had your kit what .... six months? Give it time, it will fail.

Old 09-06-2008, 10:01 AM
HT White Ops

Oh, and just for the record:

http://www.handa-accessories.com/civext00.html

OEM Raybrig clear foglights cost the same as Password's knockoff junk.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:03 AM

Default Re: (mmmbobby)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mmmbobby &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">is there a yellow film that i can use to tint over them? or could i paint it? i don't know i just like yellow fogs. </TD></TR></TABLE>

One way to do it (which is the way i did it to mine), i got yellow lensed fogs for my EG, and to increase the yellow color, i got a pair of PIAA's Plasma Ion Yellow bulbs and it looked really really good...
Old 09-06-2008, 10:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

It's this chinsey, black plastic, see thru bullshit with no changeable bulb. The grounding and leaking issues are well documented throughout the Honda community. They're just crap compared with the Raybrig counterparts.

You are 17 years old and have had your kit what .... six months? Give it time, it will fail.

</TD></TR></TABLE>
maybe you're right.
i've only had them for about 3 months.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks a lot Eran! i just ordered some!
Old 09-06-2008, 10:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mmmbobby)

actually, i'm about to order some. lol, but i had a question. are these genuine honda?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...74361
Old 09-06-2008, 10:30 AM
HT White Ops

Yes, they are real. But I do highly suggest getting them from H and A. They are a fantastic dealership, great customer service, fast shipping, and really rock-bottom prices as far as a Honda Dealership goes.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well i placed a bid on the ebay ones, but my max price is the same as the h and a ones, so if i don't win, i'll get 'em from h and a and if i do win them for less then h and a then that's awesome. lol thanks bud
Old 09-06-2008, 10:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mmmbobby &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">actually, i'm about to order some. lol, but i had a question. are these genuine honda?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...74361
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah those are real, but don't pay a dime more than 142 dollars SHIPPED. That is the checkout price for H and A.

Honestly, I bought the 24.99 ebay fogs, one side works great. One side burnt out. I just took apart the whole harness and evertying is great, but the passenger side leaks water. I sealed it back up using silicon, and went ahead and replaced some of the connectors and the relay just as a precaution. And they seem to be working good again. I think before the one burned out I had them for about 6 months or something, maybe a little more.

So you do get what you pay for, but its just some simple wiring and some housings, so things can be fixed. Eventually I will be picking up a set from H and A. If I were you and had the money, I'd run and get some from them right now. Don't waste 50 dollars.

Just my .02

Oh btw, for what Eran said... Yes, the switch is a POS. It feels crappy, works crappy, and looks crappy. As for the password items, or this guy on HT selling them. They're no better than the 25 dollar Ebay ones, don't fall for it. If you're going cheap go cheapest, if not... H and A is the way to go.

Quick Reply: civic fogs