Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Civic EVAP valve hot after car is off?

Old 05-27-2019, 02:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Civic EVAP valve hot after car is off?

Hey I bought a 1994 civic 1.6. After cleaning my throttle body and all that, I had IACV problem where it's buzzing after car is off and the idle is hunting. I read that I needed a new one so I got that ordered. I also noticed my EVAP purge valve is always hot after the car is off unless I unplug it. Is this normal or should I replace this too? I hope it's not electrical problem... Thanks
Old 05-27-2019, 02:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Civic EVAP valve hot after car is off?

Likely something under the dash has been rewired. Turning the key off is supposed to cut the power to all of those things. Look for wiring under the dash that is not stock.
Old 05-28-2019, 11:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Civic EVAP valve hot after car is off?

I found the problem. Nevermind the fuses. The grey relay underneath the driver's side dash. The chip board was full of corrosion causing the problems and battery drain.

Last edited by Malt-liquor; 05-28-2019 at 01:54 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: