Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Civic EG Sedan Questions frm a Noob

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 01:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Civic EG Sedan Questions frm a Noob

Hello guys i am very very new here and i would like to say i like the thread dedicated to rides wif mesh rims. Uber cool

Anyhow got some serious questions to ask abt the EG Sedans. I live in Singapore so the chassis codes might be different

So i am quite on my way to getting 1. It will be my 2nd owned car as my 1st was a 5 dr Suzuki Swift Hatch 1.0L which i had to write off. Anyway its the ESi(EH9) Model and it would be RHD with the D16Z me thinks. So here's where i am in doubt. Apart from the engine, what else is different btwn the SOHC n DOHC(EG9) sedans? I am better off getting an EG9 but they are still significantly more expensive.

1st off, what should i be looking out for in a straight chassis? I would really appreciate any tips on that. 2nd car dealers are always constantly trying to sweet talk their way through and close a deal and dun give 2 hoots for yr welfare. They'll sucker u in if they have to.

I am quite aware EG9s have moon/sun roofs where EH9s dun. And am I right to say that the dashboard is grey for the EH9s as opposed to the latter which is black?

What parts from the EK will fit the EG sedan wif minimal or no modifications? Like, EK9 meter cluster? Or rather has anyone tried fitting the 2din Ek center console wif climate control into the EG?

if i choose to continue rolling wif the D16Z, @ the very least, can i put in the jdm civic ferio meter cluster without much hassle?

Will Ek/DC Type R undercarriage parts fit the EG sedan as well? If so, which ones?

Are there such things such as jdm projector headlamps for the EGs?

Last but not least, i am quite aware the EG hatch front bumper ( 3 vents infront) will not fit the EG sedan without some force. I like the bumper look though. Is there anyway i can go abt it without force fitting?

If i choose to go wif a 5 lug nut conversion, will it affect what kind of offset rims i can put on the car?

What is the biggest size, widest and lowest offset i can go to achieve the deep dish look? Of course without resulting in rubbings of any sort and anywhere and i wouldnt want to go through tires every 6 mths or so. Pls advice on tire size as well. I will prolly roll wif 15s, but i am curious all the same. Like, will a 15 X 6.5 or 7.0 +35 Regamaster Evo be too much? Or can i even go lower than a +35?

Thanks in advance! Peace out

Modified by Samurai Blue at 2:16 PM 12/5/2006
Old 12-07-2006, 01:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Civic EG Sedan Questions frm a Noob (Samurai Blue)

Nobody??