Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Civic Crisis ..... please help?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 09:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Civic Crisis ..... please help?

alright ive been working on my car for like the past 2 months now and i cant figure out whats wrong with it.. it doesnt start at all. it cranks but doesnt turn over. i have power going into the distributor but no power coming back out, and i also tested my spark plugs but nothing not one spark.my check engine light stays lit and doesnt disappear after 2 seconds when the key is on the on position...i dont even hear my fuel pump hhmmmm at all.. and last thing i did was perform the paper clip test on my ecu .. but check engine light stays lit .. so im guessing thats code 0 for bad ecu... can someone please help me here and tell me what to do and what to look for cause i need my car up and running again...

oh yeah i forgot ... heere are the things i tried and replaced
ECU
DISTRIBUTOR( BOUGHT 3 DIFFERENT ONES BRAND NEW FROM DEALER)
MAIN RELAY SWITCH( lOCATED UNDER DRIVER SIDE NEAR FUSE BOX
BATTERY
CHECK ALL FUSES AND REPLACED THEM

all this started happening when my fuse from my car amp blew and blew out other fuses in the car.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!
Old 01-22-2008, 10:25 PM

Default Re: Civic Crisis ..... please help? (jdmmostwanted)

did you check ALL fuses, under the dash AND under the hood? make sure you physically check them with a multimeter, NOT a test light or by sight. where was your power for your amp hooked up?

Landon
Old 01-22-2008, 10:42 PM

Default Re: Civic Crisis ..... please help? (boosted_dc2)

yeah power for my amp was connected iwas blasting it hard and it blew to much bass plus i didnt even had power capacitor so i guess car had electrical over load
Old 01-23-2008, 12:13 AM

Default Re: Civic Crisis ..... please help? (jdmmostwanted)

yea that's an overload alright. usually when the cel stays lit, that tells you that a few things could be bad such as the ecu, main relay, fuses, etc. but since u replaced all those and you said you're not gettin spark or fuel i would say test the map sensor to see if u get 5v which means your ecu works but i don't think that'll do. since you blew fuses, try checking all the wiring. use a multimeter to see where you're getting power and where you're not. there's a good chance u shorted something out and a few wires got fried or broken. when u troubleshoot, start from the last known source of power and work your way thru. and trust me, when it comes to electrical problems, a multimeter can be your best friend. good luck man.

i on the other hand have a different starting problem. feel free to post if you have advice: https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2205271