Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Civic bottom arms

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 12:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Civic bottom arms

Last year i changed the suspension on me Eg Civic hatchback, whilst doing it the suspension bush in the bottom arms nacked up on the rears. They were pretty nackerd anyway so i bought some new bottom arms.

I have just changed the car to an Eg Civic Coupe and have swapped the suspension onto that. I have had the same problem with the bolts being seized in the bushes on the rears, and so they need replacing as i had to get them burnt out.

What i want to know is, does anyone know if the bottom arms that i bought for the Hatch will fit onto the Coupe correctly?

The difference between them is the hatchbacks have a slight bend in them at one end whereas the coupe's are straight. I have compared the two and all of the bushes seem to line up the same, there is just a bend in the arms off the hatch.

Any help appreciated.

Jon
Old 06-15-2005, 01:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Civic bottom arms (PLatsy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PLatsy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Last year i changed the suspension on me Eg Civic hatchback, whilst doing it the suspension bush in the bottom arms nacked up on the rears. They were pretty nackerd anyway so i bought some new bottom arms.

I have just changed the car to an Eg Civic Coupe and have swapped the suspension onto that. I have had the same problem with the bolts being seized in the bushes on the rears, and so they need replacing as i had to get them burnt out.

What i want to know is, does anyone know if the bottom arms that i bought for the Hatch will fit onto the Coupe correctly?

The difference between them is the hatchbacks have a slight bend in them at one end whereas the coupe's are straight. I have compared the two and all of the bushes seem to line up the same, there is just a bend in the arms off the hatch.

Any help appreciated.

Jon
</TD></TR></TABLE>

1. all EG civics and 90-01 tegs are interchangable rear lca(minus the Typr R lca.)

2. Throw away the slight bend arm, that one is damaged. Use the straight one.

3. To prevent future bolt from seizing up use anti-seize .
Old 06-16-2005, 08:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Civic bottom arms (Lord Helmet)

the arms arnt damaged, there new and both identical. It just looks like the hatch's have been given these arms with a slight bend in them and the coupes have straight ones.

Thanks for the info