Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Civic B Series No Start/Crank *NEED HELP*

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2017, 06:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Civic B Series No Start/Crank *NEED HELP*

Originally Posted by GIZZ - EXV
That wire is big enough, you are just powering up the starter solenoid. Jump from the power wire on starter to the signal, you don't need a big wire. The factory signal wire is tiny, that's all you need. Also check yo make sure the stater has a good ground. I think from factory there is a ground on the trans as well as the one off the front of the valve cover, make sure they are all sound.
so I was able to jump the starter with the battery. I left the key to on and the car ran just like how it’s supposed to. I even could kill the car with turning the key back and the car stopped running. But I couldn’t turn the key back on to start the car. Same fuel pump noise and no starter engaging problem.
Old 11-17-2017, 07:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

You're getting somewhere. So likely ign switch, but still could be the starter relay, clutch safety switch or unlikely wiring or fuse box. Get someone to turn key in ignition and listen for the starter relay click. I would pull the starter relay, get a multimeter or test light and see if it gets signal when key is turned. Of course if it doesn't it's the ignition electrical switch or more unlikely wiring from dash to fuse box. You can also jump the fuse box there to see if wiring from fuse box to starter is good.
Old 11-17-2017, 07:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by GIZZ - EXV
You're getting somewhere. So likely ign switch, but still could be the starter relay, clutch safety switch or unlikely wiring or fuse box. Get someone to turn key in ignition and listen for the starter relay click. I would pull the starter relay, get a multimeter or test light and see if it gets signal when key is turned. Of course if it doesn't it's the ignition electrical switch or more unlikely wiring from dash to fuse box. You can also jump the fuse box there to see if wiring from fuse box to starter is good.
Well in the beginning, I did replace the ignition wiring with a brand new one from RockAuto, and there's no change in difference. I'll look into the starter relay since I was starting it one day, I could feel that the starter relay was a little hot, more than usual. I'll try get a buddy of mines to help me feel for the starter relay and checking the signal wire with a test light. Also, this did happen a month ago and now the problem just came back. I don't think it would be the fuse since a burnt out fuse can't randomly fix itself and back out.
Old 11-18-2017, 06:23 AM
2x0
Honda-Tech Member

Received 70 Likes on 58 Posts

Sounds like your having similar intermittent issues that I was having. I replaced every component in the circuit and still had problems, so it was somewhere in the wiring or fuse box. Unfortunately I got tired of looking for it, and just ran a new wire from the ignition switch to the starter terminal, cut out all the BS.

Good luck with yours!
Old 11-29-2017, 10:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 2x0
Sounds like your having similar intermittent issues that I was having. I replaced every component in the circuit and still had problems, so it was somewhere in the wiring or fuse box. Unfortunately I got tired of looking for it, and just ran a new wire from the ignition switch to the starter terminal, cut out all the BS.

Good luck with yours!
Exact same thing I'm doing!
Just going to run a wire from the battery, to the inside of the car with a switch, and back to the signal terminal on the starter. Also would find a spot to hide it whenever I park my car.
Old 11-30-2017, 02:53 AM
2x0
Honda-Tech Member

Received 70 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by pablo808
Exact same thing I'm doing!
Just going to run a wire from the battery, to the inside of the car with a switch, and back to the signal terminal on the starter. Also would find a spot to hide it whenever I park my car.

A better way, in my opinion, is to run the starter signal wire to the black/white wire off the ignition switch, then everything still functions like OEM except without the clutch switch.