Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

civic is awsome in snow!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2003, 07:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default civic is awsome in snow!!!

jsut wanted to post this b/c my 240 was absolutly horrendous in the snow. wll maryland go hit with a nice storm this weekend and my 96 coupe w/ b18c5 is a beast in the snow. LSD helps alot. plus FWD drifting is always possible in the snow hahah.
Old 12-06-2003, 07:26 AM

Default Re: civic is awsome in snow!!! (SleepnCiViC)

they are pretty good in the snow when you put good tires on them
Old 12-06-2003, 07:27 AM

heh... i took mine with azenis out in the snow last night just for the hell of it. needless to say i didn't get more than 50 feet without almost hitting a telephone pole . i backed up, parked it and walked.

cliffnotes: azenis + snow =
Old 12-06-2003, 07:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: civic is awsome in snow!!! (jwn7)

empty parkinglots + E-brake + snow = fun
Old 12-06-2003, 07:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thats why I'm waiting to put my azenis on in the spring man
Old 12-06-2003, 07:36 AM
PSU
formerly DxHatchback

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: civic is awsome in snow!!! (SOHC_MShue)

my car with 17" BFGoodrich was awesome last year

hopefully the same this year
Old 12-06-2003, 07:36 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jwn7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">heh... i took mine with azenis out in the snow last night just for the hell of it. needless to say i didn't get more than 50 feet without almost hitting a telephone pole . i backed up, parked it and walked.

cliffnotes: azenis + snow = </TD></TR></TABLE>

did the same thing last winter. **** that ****. those things slide around like a finger in a wet ****** *****.
Old 12-06-2003, 07:39 AM

Default Re: civic is awsome in snow!!! (GsR HtCh)

hahah yeah they do. i was trying to get to this big parking lot about a mile away. man that would have been fun as hell if i would have got there. but i would probably have died or totaled my car on the way.

i need some good cheap winter tires. any recommendations?
Old 12-06-2003, 07:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GsR HtCh &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

did the same thing last winter. **** that ****. those things slide around like a finger in a wet ****** *****.</TD></TR></TABLE>
hahah interesting way to put it haha. my civic was awesome in the snow, but not till i spent like 240 bucks on blizzaks
Old 12-06-2003, 07:40 AM

my bf goodridge on stock 14in steelies o great
Old 12-06-2003, 07:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SleepnCiViC)

good to know
Old 12-06-2003, 07:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

uhh blizzaks ? I don't know how much they cost but i've heard from alot of ppl that they're GREAT winter tires. But from an all season w/ great winter traction, try out the Firestone firehawk indy 500's...they're like 52 bucks a tire ( in 15" ).
Old 12-06-2003, 07:49 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jwn7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hahah yeah they do. i was trying to get to this big parking lot about a mile away. man that would have been fun as hell if i would have got there. but i would probably have died or totaled my car on the way.

i need some good cheap winter tires. any recommendations?</TD></TR></TABLE>

i actually made it to a parking lot once. bout 2 inches of fresh snow. about an hour of fun and then my car got stuck and i counldnt get it out. lucky for me my friend had his car there too. come back the next morning and the plows plowed around my car. 2 foot snow piles surrounding my car. great day.
Old 12-06-2003, 08:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

YEAH IM IN VA AND CANT WAIT TO HIT SOME OF THAT WHITE POWDER
Old 12-06-2003, 08:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i have a civic gsr with kumho ecstas...and man do they suck. i had azenis before i had these and those were worse.
i had to stay WAY behind the car in front of me so that i kept movin somewhat. if i stopped, i would have just been stuck there. which did happen a few times.
Old 12-06-2003, 08:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (toEknEEg)

**** last year we had an ice storm over here and my hatch went about 1/2 mile down the road then i started sliting every where!!!

i mean the LSD is good for acceration but braking with big GSR rotors and NSX calipers!!!!!

me and two of my friends got some rope and pulled my car back home, we looked like raindeers pulling a sledge!!1
Old 12-06-2003, 08:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

FWD does own the snow. My Altima did good. My 240 was okay. I just had ot drive extremely slow. My civic sucks *** in the snow. I need to get some snow tires becuse the tires i got now.....I am like someoen else I drive waaaaaay behind people so I dotn have to stop. Alot of times I have someoen follow me home just in case I get stuck, they can push me to get momentum
Old 12-06-2003, 08:14 AM

Default Re: civic is awsome in snow!!! (ddong2lee)

yah i got kuhho ecstas, 711, and they are kinda bad...

i was going down a 2 lane road in the left lane, everyone was in the right lane so i was like wtf and i switched to the left... my spot in the other lane quickly closed and i realized why everyone was in the right lane... ahead of me was a BIG BOLDER of ICE that some plow man decided he was done plowing just stopped turned around and went home... wtf... so i saw that and paniced hit the brakes and started to spin to the right, i was sliding perpendicular to a car in the right lane... then right before i thought that car was gonna hit me i slid into a pile of snow on the sholder of the road and got stuck, took me 10 mins of forward/reverse method to get outta there... wit a lowered car, and crap tires no fun!!
Old 12-06-2003, 08:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jwn7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hahah yeah they do. i was trying to get to this big parking lot about a mile away. man that would have been fun as hell if i would have got there. but i would probably have died or totaled my car on the way.

i need some good cheap winter tires. any recommendations?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I had no problem with yokohama avids last winter when we got record snowfall in NC. I sold the wheels that they were on. Gonna get another set for my stock steelies.
Old 12-06-2003, 09:23 AM

Default Re: civic is awsome in snow!!! (kommon_sense)

I had Nitto NT450's on my Jetta (RIP) last winter, they did pretty well for me.

-Dan
Old 12-06-2003, 09:25 AM

Default Re: civic is awsome in snow!!! (uranazo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by uranazo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yah i got kuhho ecstas, 711, and they are kinda bad...

i was going down a 2 lane road in the left lane, everyone was in the right lane so i was like wtf and i switched to the left... my spot in the other lane quickly closed and i realized why everyone was in the right lane... ahead of me was a BIG BOLDER of ICE that some plow man decided he was done plowing just stopped turned around and went home... wtf... so i saw that and paniced hit the brakes and started to spin to the right, i was sliding perpendicular to a car in the right lane... then right before i thought that car was gonna hit me i slid into a pile of snow on the sholder of the road and got stuck, took me 10 mins of forward/reverse method to get outta there... wit a lowered car, and crap tires no fun!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

great story man
Old 12-06-2003, 09:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: civic is awsome in snow!!! (Barney Hatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Barney Hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I had Nitto NT450's on my Jetta (RIP) last winter, they did pretty well for me.

-Dan</TD></TR></TABLE>

i took my shittos to the snow so i could go boarding last year almost hit a ******* tree and went into a ditch and cracked my bumper corner light and scratched my rota slipstreams thank god i had the rota's on, will learned my lesson and i'm gonna buy snow tires for this year.
Old 12-06-2003, 10:13 AM

Default Re: civic is awsome in snow!!! (careawholelot)

anyone else got some recommendations for snow tires?
i need something cheap as hell 185-60-14. it doesnt have to be a great tire, just something that can handle some snow and keep me away from telephone poles. something that does ok in dry / wet weather would be great too, but again, i dont really care.
this snow tire crap feels like a waste of money to me - i just bought tires damnit and now i have to buy crappy ones for gay weather.... gay.
Old 12-06-2003, 10:16 AM

Yes they are, go right though the snow unlike my old 5.0 thunderbird, all that thing wanted to do was donuts! haha
Old 12-06-2003, 11:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The original Firestones that came on the car were terrible in the snow.

I got Blizzaks. They are a great snow tire. They are not exactly cheap though. I think I paid about $85 a tire

Quick Reply: civic is awsome in snow!!!