Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Civic 99 rear camber kit or new OEM upper control arm?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 07:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Civic 99 rear camber kit or new OEM upper control arm?

Hi guys, its my first time here and first time lowering my car. I put a set of coilovers on my Civic 99 and noticed that the stock bushing arms were worn out. Also, the drivers side rear upper control arms were busted while taking out a bitch bolt. So i got no choice to replace it.

Im just wandering and having a dellema what to get as a replacement for my Uca. Should I get a OEM replacement UCA w/c cost $100 for both rear side at a dealership or should I just get a Buddy Club/Skunk2 adjustable UCA/Camber kit w/c cost $160+. Its only a few bucks difference. So if the Camber kit is worthy than OEM UCA ill go woth that.

Can someone enlighten me to get out of this decesion making? I m new at this kind of stuff, I do research but still got less knowledge about this kind of stuff. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:06 AM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Re: Civic 99 rear camber kit or new OEM upper control arm?

Wandering=Walk or move in a leisurely, casual, or aimless way. Wondering=To be curious to know something.

Worthy than?

I have a question. DO you know how to install these so that your bushings don't blow out again? Chances are your rear UCA's weren't re-clocked after the car was lowered and the binding on the bushings tore them apart. Are aftermarket necessary? Nope. Depending on how low you are you don't need them and if you do you could buy OEM and slap a couple of washers on each side and get the same effect.

Also, there is a suspension section to this forum. I'm surprised you didn't read the stickies and FAQs in that forum.

Actually I'm not surprised.
Old 07-08-2014, 12:31 PM
Cool Cool Island Breezes. BOY-EE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You may as well get aftermarket arms like the skunk2 pro series or something. Antisieze the threads.

Otherwise, I don't see any downsides to the aftermarket ones. Just make sure they don't have rubber bushings. Aftermarket rubber bushings are 99.999% garbage.
Old 07-08-2014, 03:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks guys and i apologize for not reading the stickys. i have done my research and learned a lot from this forum. Im gonna get some F7's lca's and go for OEM uca's from dealers since all my old rear arms' were too old and bolts were already seized. Im planning to get some new arms in the near future for my front after i have done the rear, (budget is little tight right now) to upgrade my suspension. I really love my car and dont want to part with it as long as it runs so Im willing to upgrade and maintain it in a good condition as long as I can.