Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

civic 00 swap info,i need some help plz

Old 07-27-2004, 10:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default civic 00 swap info,i need some help plz

i am new to h-t and have to wait the mandatory 2 weeks b4 i can add to a topic but i can start a topic. last yr, (03) i purchased a 200 civic that was a stolen recovery. they stole the head, rad, air intake and some other goodies, which i cant tell yet. im no mechanic but am trying to learn how to be a mechanic only in my civic, so here is my dilemma. after i purchased this civic for $5000, i ran into money problems ,now i have resolved most of my debt, took a yr but o well. i would like to put a type-r in my civic but can not find 1 in my price range($3000-$3500 shipped). i found some one on ebay but could not put enough trust in him since he wanted $3000 and would ship it for free so he said-sounds a bit too good to be true, and no paypal- only wire transfer or money order. but now i have found a 2002 rsx, i believe K series, and he is in my area(ny). he wants $2000, it comes with motor-trans and wires and pumps etc he said, he did not specify what else but did say it did not come with the axels. im going to see the engine this weekend(07/31-08/01) and would like some info on what i should do or ask the guy? would it be better to get this engine or wait for a type-r? plz help me out in any way you guys can since i have learned a little bit on these forums and you guys seem to know your ****. so plz help. thanx im gonna try and put up the pics i have of my engine that i have in the civic and the 02 rsx swap that i am considering. thanx again also how do i put the pics up here?
Old 07-27-2004, 10:59 AM

I'd bring someone with you that knows more about engines if possible. I'm not positive on the swap but I believe the B-series swap would be easier then trying to put in the K motor. The B-series swap has been done a million times and there will be plenty of info on here to help you through the whole process.
Old 07-27-2004, 11:29 AM

Default Re: civic 00 swap info,i need some help plz (jerzed)

yeah don't go with the stock rsx motor, it's not even a type s the only K ser. motor that would be worth puting in you car would be the type R k ser. motor, and good luck finding the swap for 3000. lol you can just do a poor mans type R that's a B18c with a B16 Head and type R valve tran. that's the cheapest and the best way to do it, cuz that whole type R swap for 3500, good luck on that one. I can get it for 4000, but tha'ts with every thing you need axle's, ecu, harness, every thing, and tha'ts my price, but just a B18c1 (jdm swap) wil cost you 3000 and thats just with eng, trans, ecu and harness. good luck
Old 07-27-2004, 11:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well as soon as you come up with a "pricerange" youre automatically set to make sacrifices. Youre either going to get a beat up (or shady) r motor for that price, or you could get a good condition b18c or b16 motor. If youre set on the r motor I say keep saving.
Old 07-27-2004, 11:54 AM

A "K" series for that cheap sounds a little odd as well plus it will require alot of very newly developed wiring and mounting. Hasport has a mount kit but it's not cheap. And since you don't profess to being a mechanical wizard I'd stay away from the "K" swap unless you know someone that has done it before. (not ot many have)

As for the type "R" swap or B18c5 it's a straight forward swap that has been done many times over. You can get all the parts needed pretty cheaply, and it will be alot easier to find someone to help you out.

If I where you I'd
1) Save money
2)Learn alot about K and B series engines and swap info
3)Decide on how much you really will and can do
4) Decide on an engine and stick with it.

I have a B18c1 it's the GSR engine, I've enjoyed it alot, I'd love to do a K swap but it's too new and I need more know how...