Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Checking oil pressure, fuel pressure, and cleaning A/C system?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 05:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Checking oil pressure, fuel pressure, and cleaning A/C system?

Hey guys, just doing some maintainence on the girlfriend's 97 DX MTX, and I've got a couple questions.

For those of you who have performed and oil pressure test, how do you go about doing it? If I remember correctly, you need to get an adapter that will take the place of the stock oil pressure sending unit, then hook the adapter up to a scan tool and read the pressure. Is this correct? Any other ways of doing this?

I also wanted to do a fuel pressure test on the car too. So far the only place I can find to get into the fuel system is after the filter and before the fuel rail, but I can't find a fitting that would work to take the place of the banjo bolt or anything else that might work. What do you guys do to check your fuel pressures?

And lastly. I know I've done this at work with a few vehicles, but wasn't sure if there was any better way of doing it. Sometimes we'll get vehicles in at work that the heating/cooling system will smell of mold or mildew. To remedy this, we have a special "wand" type tool that you hook compressed air and a bottle of cooling coil cleaner to and blow it in through the fresh air duct in the cowl and also blow it through where the blower motor resistor is or some other way through the blower motor housing. Basically it cycles through the blend door system and evaporator and cleans and freshens things up. Is there any better way to go about doing this or anything else that works?
Old 11-05-2008, 04:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Christ, seems like nobody can ever help me out. Has nobody done this **** before?