Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

cheapest shit possible?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 04:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default cheapest **** possible?

THe title probably says it all, I know about the three things...and you only get 2 of them, think they're cheap, power, reliable, or something along those lines...

Anyways

I have a 95 Ex bone stock and I wanna put a catback on it, looking for something with a lil rumble, not a fart can though, maybe a lil power, but whatever, but I'm not looking for some $600 apexi muffler as the car for all tenths and purposes is a peace, I mean yeah it's in good cond. and it only has 90k, while still has some pickup, and yeah I knwo the EX's are crap if you try to run them NA w/ a stock motor, but I don't really have the $$$ to put in a really hot motor for this thing, so I just wanna hit up the typical I/H/E (I already have intake), but I don't wanna dump money into this thing, if I wanted to spend 1000 on DC sport headers, high flow cat, and a skunk2 exhaust, I would have just bought a turbo system
Old 04-08-2006, 04:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: cheapest **** possible? (Syndacate)

Buy a twin loop replica muffler, and have an exhaust shop make you an exhaust.

~$250-350 if you shop around a little.
Old 04-08-2006, 11:14 PM
I'm a Jackass

go to a getto *** muffler shop and tell them to install a Autozone cheap *** muffler, and stright pipe instead of a cat, then cut your springs to lower your car, and your car is badass
Old 04-09-2006, 12:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

cut your springs, take off the oem header, take off weight from car (hood/doors/trunk/spare/bumpers), pump the tires to 40 psi, and take off the rubber intake hose and put a sock in it.

I garuntee your car will be faster and corner better, all for $0.
Old 04-09-2006, 12:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (civiccoupe94)

Go to ebay.com

Get an obx/tsudo catback exhaust,,and an obx or megan racing header..Cheap and good quality..
Old 04-09-2006, 12:38 AM

Default Re: (civiccoupe94)

great replies - seems you guys really want to help this guy out..

how much money do you got for that catback ? if you want something worth it, i guess you gotta spend roundabout 4-500$, even on your side of the atlantic. you might go for an invidia catback system, though i personally don't like those too much, they definetely rumble at reasonable costs (we get them shipped to germany for ~500€, so you should be able to get them for under 450$, with a little digging).
Old 04-09-2006, 04:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (pLoTz)

Ebay is your friend. You could get a deal on a good muffler or you could get the twin loop replica for $100 or so. Take it to a muffler shop and have them weld it on should be between $50-$100. You could probably find a good, used set of headers on there also or you could check around the classified forum on here to see if someone is selling for a fair price.
Old 04-09-2006, 08:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (kraven9)

Get a Type R muffler, go on ebay & buy a $30 cat, & then go to a muffler shop so it can be put together.

Total: about $300.
Now you have about an extra $300 to spend on beer & partying.
Old 04-09-2006, 08:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

For a nice sleeper exhaust go to summitracing.com get a Dynomax DNX stainless mid-pipe for $116, then get the Dynomax "super turbo muffler" kit. Stock sized dynomax muffler w/ stailess tip and it comes with the muffler pipe that goes through the axel... also comes with all the gaskets just buy a springbolt kit. You'll have a 2 1/4 in exhaust with out the fart can sound =-)

Edit: Total cost is right at $200-$225 depending on who you order it from and their handeling charges. Most places are still running free 2-3 day shipping
Old 04-09-2006, 09:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I may get flamed for this...but so be it...
I bought a $230 shipped catback off of ebay, full stainless and I have been happy...gave me a lot more out of my d15, and even more once I put my b 16 in it, just spray the muffler flat black and you got a sleeper exhaust . Sounds good too.
Old 04-09-2006, 02:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (PhoebeusFenix)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PhoebeusFenix &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I may get flamed for this...but so be it...
I bought a $230 shipped catback off of ebay, full stainless and I have been happy...gave me a lot more out of my d15, and even more once I put my b 16 in it, just spray the muffler flat black and you got a sleeper exhaust . Sounds good too.</TD></TR></TABLE>

why would you get flamed for that.? ebay has alot of good products,,just have to pick and choose what you get..

I had obx catback on my old hatch,,and have a tsudo on my current crx..Both costed under $150..2.5" piping,resonator,decent size muffler,new gaskets,stainless steel..Let these idiots spend $500 + for exhausts..
Old 04-09-2006, 02:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Mr.speaker)

if yuo check the marketplace, theres a dc sports full catback setup that looks to be in REALLY good condition for $250. i saw it on there i believe last night. ive had one on my car for about 4 years now and love it, nice and quiet and once yuo get on it it really rumbles but not ricey at all. for dc
Old 04-09-2006, 06:56 PM

Default Re: (isumase)

yeah dont shop ebay products. you will find youself back on ebay in a month buying another one or something. just look around on honda-tech marketplace and see what people are selling. i'd say ur better off doing that. probably find a good deal too
Old 04-09-2006, 07:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (MrSparky)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MrSparky &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah dont shop ebay products. you will find youself back on ebay in a month buying another one or something. just look around on honda-tech marketplace and see what people are selling. i'd say ur better off doing that. probably find a good deal too </TD></TR></TABLE>

BULLSHIT....Have you ever used the cheap catbacks or headers off ebay.com? I highly doubt it..Theres absolutely nothing wrong with that stuff..Just have to know what seller to buy it from and which sellers to completly avoid..
Old 04-09-2006, 08:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks to all that helped, and for ******** like civiccoupe94 and -DesTiNy-, die.

It's not a matter of having the money or not, I just don't want to spend a lot of money on it, so I don't really ahve a budget, it's just like I'm not putting a brand new skunk 2 exhaust with DC sport 4-1 headers on this

I'll probably end up shopping for something used around here, I really don't know which dealers are reputable on e-bay so I'm prolly gonna try and stay away from there..

As for a cat, if I can, I'ma completely eliminate it, it's a 95, it doesn't need to pass emissions nor sound tests in NY...

I'll see if I can find the whole setup around h-tech, spose if I just wait something good will come along, I'm just a lil weary of buying used **** when it comes to aftermarket parts :-X Dunno the history or anything...

So I guess I'lll prolly be around here..