Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Cheap eBay stuff worth it?

Old 08-09-2004, 06:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheap eBay stuff worth it?

I recently picked up a 93' si with a b16 swap, and I'm just overwhelmed with all the cheap parts on ebay. Is alot of it just crap? Like $150 for ss headers? Am I going to be replacing them in 6 months?

This is all new to me, I previously had a Galant VR-4 and performance parts were hard to come by. I would usually only have 1 choice, if any, for certain things.

Also, I've heard that gsr headers will fit on a b16, is that true?
Old 08-09-2004, 06:56 AM

some of the parts on ebay are good, but some are just ****... usally you should check their feedback
Old 08-09-2004, 07:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Cheap eBay stuff worth it? (udriveu)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by udriveu &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I recently picked up a 93' si with a b16 swap, and I'm just overwhelmed with all the cheap parts on ebay. Is alot of it just crap? Like $150 for ss headers? Am I going to be replacing them in 6 months?

This is all new to me, I previously had a Galant VR-4 and performance parts were hard to come by. I would usually only have 1 choice, if any, for certain things.

Also, I've heard that gsr headers will fit on a b16, is that true?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Like the saying goes, you get what you pay for.
Old 08-09-2004, 07:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (m3dia_lab)

keep in mind that ebay is like a big yard sale and ebay is *not* a brand... If you go *anywhere* and buy something without doing your homework then you run the risk of buying crap and wasting your money. It doesn't matter if the SS header is $150. It might be a good deal or it might be garbage... Use your head and do your homework...
Old 08-09-2004, 07:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Cheap eBay stuff worth it? (Happyman)

Some parts are good and some aren't... But you can also get good deals on name brand parts and what not.... You should know what you're looking for and what not before buying....
Old 08-09-2004, 07:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thangs like strut tower braces, and that type of non-brand product are great to buy on ebay and you wont notice any difference between them and say a name brand like skunk2. I would say the same goes for ebay intakes, but thats prolly where it ends.

Buying things like coilovers, header, exhuast, on ebay, is a bad idea. If they are 'ebay' brand (OBX, SS AUtochrome, to name a few) they suck and will break in little to no time.

As for the SS HEADER your talking about, by SS do you mean SS Autochrome? They suck, and compare pretty well to OBX, wanna see the quality of it:

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=943659

yeahhhhhh
Old 08-09-2004, 07:25 AM
Electrician

IMO, the only eBay thing I'll buy for my car is an intake. eBay intake and an AEM intake will do the same thing. Other than that, nothing.
Old 08-09-2004, 08:08 AM

Default Re: (Dimi)

aww man.. i just ordered me a catalytic converter from ebay dude.. FUNK.. i hope mine doesnt look like the OBX one. I just needed a new 1 b/c my old 1 is RETARDED and rattling, its so annoying. Yes i took off the heatshield. I took the heatshield off the stock exhaust manifold... down to the cat. and even sum parts of the exhaust. STILL RATTLING.. so i got under the car.. started to play around with that crap.. n i turned the car on. stayed under the car, the rattle was coming out of the frikin cat. So i just ordered this.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...sting
Old 08-09-2004, 08:47 AM
Electrician

^

That catalytic converter is probably going to go bad fairly quickly.
Old 08-09-2004, 08:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

u sure there is a catalyst in that cat-converter? I had one that looked just like that but it was straightthrough, wouldnt pass emissions.....
Old 08-09-2004, 09:25 AM

Default Re: (turbotime)

Sorry, by SS I meant Stainless Steel. Its the only way to go for exhausts in new england
Old 08-09-2004, 10:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (udriveu)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bad_EG6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">aww man.. i just ordered me a catalytic converter from ebay dude.. FUNK.. i hope mine doesnt look like the OBX one. I just needed a new 1 b/c my old 1 is RETARDED and rattling, its so annoying. Yes i took off the heatshield. I took the heatshield off the stock exhaust manifold... down to the cat. and even sum parts of the exhaust. STILL RATTLING.. so i got under the car.. started to play around with that crap.. n i turned the car on. stayed under the car, the rattle was coming out of the frikin cat. So i just ordered this.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...sting
</TD></TR></TABLE>

We call those glass packs where I come from. Good luck with that. I've heard that most "hi flow cats" are just short glass packs with a flange welded on and from the pic, it doesn't look like they're exactly proving me wrong.