Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

chasebays tuck radiator

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 12:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default chasebays tuck radiator

Okay so im looking to buy a chasebay tuck radiator and I been searching and it says nwp4life is the best place to ask so im here asking on how this install ? since it too me it looks like i have to make a bracket or drill thru it and screw it in somehow ? and wassup with the fitting how would I get the fitting in my motor since it uses a regualr hose and clamp help me out!!!
Old 02-25-2012, 04:43 AM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Re: chasebays tuck radiator

Not trying to be a smart-*** but it' custom. Get creative.
I got one! How about you call up Chasebays and see if they have any recommendations?
Old 02-25-2012, 06:21 AM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by grumblemarc
I got one! How about you call up Chasebays and see if they have any recommendations?
http://www.chasebays.com/

Chase Bays, Inc
3229 Veterans Circle STE 113
Birmingham, AL 35235

Local business, call for an appointment

M-F 9am - 5pm central standard time
Sales@ChaseBays.com
P: (205)623-2188

Ext. 1 - Sales | Product questions before ordering
Ext. 2 - Tech Support for Customers - PLEASE leave a voicemail for technical questions. If we're on another call we don't want to miss the chance to help you.
Ext. 3 - Shipping | Wholesale
Ext. 4 - Accounting, any questions or requests for our accounting department

Originally Posted by ChaseBays.com
Overview

· All Aluminum construction

· Leak tested

· Mounts underneath your core support for more clearance and hidden look

· Optional outlets, -16AN or OEM style

· Includes mounting hardware

· Upper and Lower outlets can be placed on the left or right side of the end tanks

· 28x3x10

This radiator was initially designed for 2 reasons. The first reason was to find a solution to clearance issues. And the second was to make a radiator that functions great that you can hardly even see. Cooling better while downsizing. That was the challenge. This radiator is smaller in height, and some may think it doesn’t cool as well.

There is more here than meets the eye.

This radiator is a dual pass design. This simply means the coolant passes through TWO times instead of ONE. Which, even more simply put means TWICE the cooling and half the size. Both inlets are on the same side of the radiator and a plate is welded inside between the two inlets. The radiator has two L brackets on each side that you bolt to your core support. This radiator doesn’t use any of the OEM radiator mounting points, and it’s easier to install and un-install.

The next step is fill point and hoses. Hoses first. For hoses you have the option of -16AN or OEM style outlets. If you choose -16AN, let us provide you with the hose and fittings. We can even assemble it for you to your specs. And if you need assistance figuring out how to set it up, we’re just an email and a phone call away. If you go with OEM style hoses sometimes the stock upper or lower hose will work, usually not both. For the outlets left un-hosed our recommendation is to just find another oem hose that will work, we can help you out with this too.

Now for the fill point. Since the top of our radiator sits about a foot lower than the OEM, we have to make a new fill point. The first step is getting an inline filler neck, listed below are some links to the inline filler necks that we sell. The way you setup the filler neck could make your hose selection easier. We can help you with this too, we’re full of ideas. You will also need (2) 8” inch Slim Fans for this radiator. We didn’t forget to help you with that either, we have the option to add it to your order at the bottom of this page!
Old 02-25-2012, 02:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yea but maybe it was a recommented way to put it on.. im just trying to have a nice clean up bay for my new motor gonna re paint it red to freshin' it up and get chasebay master clyinder booster delete , chasebay tuck rad and do a mild wire tuck..

Originally Posted by Libertariat
http://www.chasebays.com/

Chase Bays, Inc
3229 Veterans Circle STE 113
Birmingham, AL 35235

Local business, call for an appointment

M-F 9am - 5pm central standard time
Sales@ChaseBays.com
P: (205)623-2188

Ext. 1 - Sales | Product questions before ordering
Ext. 2 - Tech Support for Customers - PLEASE leave a voicemail for technical questions. If we're on another call we don't want to miss the chance to help you.
Ext. 3 - Shipping | Wholesale
Ext. 4 - Accounting, any questions or requests for our accounting department

Old 02-25-2012, 02:19 PM
The Grumpiest

And WHY would Chasebays not be able to recommend something?
Old 02-25-2012, 02:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

And WHY would Chasebays not be able to recommend something?
chasebays is closed so i cant call them now, and I thought there was a recommend way from chasebays to install the rad..
Old 02-25-2012, 02:33 PM
The Grumpiest

YOu still have to call them to customize the rad itself as you have to tell them how you want the rad configured. Like these details for instance.
Optional outlets, -16AN or OEM style
Upper and Lower outlets can be placed on the left or right side of the end tanks

So we can't tell you anything. This isn't an off the shelf item. And it says in the item details that MOUNTING HARDWARE IS INCLUDED!
Old 02-25-2012, 02:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

YOu still have to call them to customize the rad itself as you have to tell them how you want the rad configured. Like these details for instance.
Optional outlets, -16AN or OEM style
Upper and Lower outlets can be placed on the left or right side of the end tanks

So we can't tell you anything. This isn't an off the shelf item. And it says in the item details that MOUNTING HARDWARE IS INCLUDED!
lol yes i just re-read it and now I see what your talking about. gonna call them tomorrow and thanks for your help
Old 02-25-2012, 06:47 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

By the time one of the 6 people who have installed a Chase bay get back to you, Monday will probably have long since come and gone.

Your best bet until Monday is probably to ask in here:

https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-acura-28/shaved-tucked-customized-engine-bays-pics-theory-discussion-1693934/