Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

changing moods of my tranny

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 03:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default changing moods of my tranny

Sice I bought my (B16A2, civic) car 3 years ago I have had this problem. It's not really a problem but it's a feeling when I'm shifting. Sometimes - don't know what it depends on - moving the shifter feels like it would grind a little. It's just not as smooth as it should be. And usually it occures when driving normally, at low RPM. At high RPM it always shifts smoothly.
First I tried changing the tranny oil - it helped but just for a day or so, after that it was the same again. Then I changed my clutch. Still the same. Then I changed my master and slave clutch cylinder (for used ones) - my clutch fluid turned black because I didn't take care of it a long time so I suspected the cylinders. Still the same. I changed the liquid a few times after that. And still the same. Now I changed the whole tranny for a ITR tranny and for a clutchnet/ACT clutch - and guess what - STILL THE SAME!
So now I don't know if there is any part I left out that could be the cause - the clutch pedal itself? Or should I buy new cylinders? Damn, don't know what to do anymore...
Old 10-30-2005, 03:18 PM

Default Re: changing moods of my tranny (Roky)

Are you using stock or aftermarket shifter bushings?

It may be normal and in fine working order, you may be expecting too much out of it.
Old 10-30-2005, 03:31 PM

Default Re: changing moods of my tranny (nota-eg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nota-eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It may be normal and in fine working order, you may be expecting too much out of it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

true. have you ever actually heard it grind? get a buddy and take off the boot around your slave cylinder. have your buddy press on the pedal as you look at the cylinder and fork. see if it pushes ALLLLLL the WAAAYYY in. if you know what i mean. if not, you could be right and it may be your pedal.

another thing you may look at if see how your shift linkage looks. check if its bent from a speedbump, or if that pin holding it is still in good shape. it may affect it. but looks like youve tried everything already. but what kind of tranny fluid you use? try syncromesh. good ****