Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Changing Headlight Bulbs

Old 05-05-2006, 02:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changing Headlight Bulbs

I want to change the headlight bulbs on my car but I cant figure out how to take off the stock bulbs. I tried pulling but I'm scared if i do it too hard i will break the bulb.
Old 05-05-2006, 02:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Changing Headlight Bulbs (ej8civic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ej8civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I want to change the headlight bulbs on my car but I cant figure out how to take off the stock bulbs. I tried pulling but I'm scared if i do it too hard i will break the bulb.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Changing them are easy. I've done both sides once in less than 5 mins. First, you have to take off the black plug looking thing which supplies power. stick ur fingers all the way in on the black plugs and squeeze and pull at the same time. it should come out. then pull out the rubber boot thing. the unhook the metal brackets holding down the bulbs, then the bulb is free to come out.
Old 05-05-2006, 02:51 PM

State what car it's for...each car is a bit different.
Old 05-05-2006, 05:19 PM

Default Re: Changing Headlight Bulbs (JDMaLLDAy050)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMaLLDAy050 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Changing them are easy. I've done both sides once in less than 5 mins. First, you have to take off the black plug looking thing which supplies power. stick ur fingers all the way in on the black plugs and squeeze and pull at the same time. it should come out. then pull out the rubber boot thing. the unhook the metal brackets holding down the bulbs, then the bulb is free to come out. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I figured it out and changed to them to some sylverstars. There was actually two tabs near the top of the black plug that I had to push in, then the rest was easy. Now off to a new subject, I wanna try the DIY black housing, but I noticed the DIY didn't have any instructions on taking them off. It's obvious that the two screws on the top need to be taken off, but how could I get to the third screw? What else do I need to do before I attempt to pull the headlight off? Thanks ahead of time for helping a big noob
Old 05-05-2006, 05:32 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ej8civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I figured it out and changed to them to some sylverstars. There was actually two tabs near the top of the black plug that I had to push in, then the rest was easy. Now off to a new subject, I wanna try the DIY black housing, but I noticed the DIY didn't have any instructions on taking them off. It's obvious that the two screws on the top need to be taken off, but how could I get to the third screw? What else do I need to do before I attempt to pull the headlight off? Thanks ahead of time for helping a big noob </TD></TR></TABLE>

you're suppose to "bake" the headlights, in A ******* OVEN!