Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

CF Roof

Old 04-15-2005, 07:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CF Roof

Im thinking about doing the CF Bonnet,Roof,and Trunk for my EM1 i know that they sell the bonnet and trunk but im wondering about the roof. From what i can see everyone just paints it black. What i do know is that they sell one for the BMW to make it look like the CSL if anyone has any info that would be awsome tanks.
Old 04-15-2005, 07:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: CF Roof (Lanceuppercut)

The CSL is a full production piece that is an actual piece of the car. Most carbon roofs are just skins and rediculously tasteless

In order to even come close to the quality of the CSL piece your talking 3-5k easily.
Old 04-15-2005, 08:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

my homie has a accord and he got his roof wrapped in carbon fiber...looks dope...see if he has anything here on h-t .his username is jdm cd6
Old 04-15-2005, 08:26 PM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: CF Roof (eeveeayen)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eeveeayen &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">my homie has a accord and he got his roof wrapped in carbon fiber...looks dope...see if he has anything here on h-t .his username is jdm cd6</TD></TR></TABLE>Tell him to post some pics of that sweet ***!
Old 04-15-2005, 08:39 PM
most hood white kid

Default Re: CF Roof (eeveeayen)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eeveeayen &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">my homie has a accord and he got his roof wrapped in carbon fiber...looks dope...see if he has anything here on h-t .his username is jdm cd6</TD></TR></TABLE>

whats the point? there is no weight reduction and that is the whole purpose for carbon fiber
Old 04-15-2005, 08:41 PM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Default Re: CF Roof (egcoupe94)

I'd like the look of a championship white hatch with a cf trunk, roof and hood. Sort of like Andreas-EH2's car.
Old 04-15-2005, 08:43 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by egcoupe94 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

whats the point? there is no weight reduction and that is the whole purpose for carbon fiber</TD></TR></TABLE>

The same point that u have when your trying to "de-Rice" your Car
Old 04-15-2005, 08:47 PM
most hood white kid

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Lanceuppercut &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

The same point that u have when your trying to "de-Rice" your Car</TD></TR></TABLE>.

oooo...that's hitting below the belt , but there isn't a point to a carbon fiber wrapped roof, but you are talking about replacing the whole piece with a carbon fiber poiece...you will have some weight reduction but will be hella expensive
Old 04-15-2005, 08:50 PM
I am a (Trial User) Army

I think we can come to the conclusion that it's for the look.
Old 04-15-2005, 08:55 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by egcoupe94 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

whats the point? there is no weight reduction and that is the whole purpose for carbon fiber</TD></TR></TABLE>

and also considering that carbon fiber is stronger than steel.....but its 99% looks if someone is gonna wrap their hood in cf

Old 04-15-2005, 09:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hell just cut of the roof with a sawsall and make a convertible!!!
Old 04-16-2005, 01:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i dont wanna say wrapped because i dont really know exactly how he did it but yeah its for looks...i never said it made it lighter....
Old 04-16-2005, 01:26 PM

Exactly

That is the most most ricer idea I have ever heard! Each to his own i guess... Why dont you just go and buy a whole lot of fake cf film and put it on your roof. Would be cheap and have the same effect :-) Watch out for bubbles
Old 04-16-2005, 02:37 PM

Default Re: CF Roof (sockvtec)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sockvtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
and also considering that carbon fiber is stronger than steel.....but its 99% looks if someone is gonna wrap their hood in cf
</TD></TR></TABLE>

did you have to bend over to pull this out of your *** or did you just pull hard

CF is NOT stronger than steel which is why they don't make engine parts out of it, stiffer by weight yes.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Lanceuppercut &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

The same point that u have when your trying to "de-Rice" your Car</TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't know what "rice" means to you but I consider it anything that detracts from a vehicles clean lines or styling in order to "stick out"

All unpainted carbon fiber body parts except certain wings which look chunky other wise echo's this

in other words

post wedding

pre wedding

Old 04-16-2005, 03:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: CF Roof (sockvtec)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sockvtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Its not stonger than steel, it just has a better weight to strength ratio ........
Old 04-16-2005, 04:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: CF Roof (EG6 SiR)

hahaha stronger then steel HAHAHAHA. Thanks for the laugh buddy!
i agree with everything this guy said<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stormy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

did you have to bend over to pull this out of your *** or did you just pull hard

CF is NOT stronger than steel which is why they don't make engine parts out of it, stiffer by weight yes.

I don't know what "rice" means to you but I consider it anything that detracts from a vehicles clean lines or styling in order to "stick out"

All unpainted carbon fiber body parts except certain wings which look chunky other wise echo's this

in other words

post wedding

pre wedding

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Peace
Old 04-16-2005, 04:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Would cost thousands in professional body work. Not worth it at all
Old 04-16-2005, 06:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 37 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Re: CF Roof (spyderracing32)

I think it would be awesome. Put some cf on your roof, instant JDM. You will go down in H-T history as the guy everyone loves.
Old 04-16-2005, 06:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: CF Roof (Aquafina)

Doesnt the evo rs and mr using a light weight aluminium roof?
Old 04-16-2005, 08:27 PM

Seems like a waste doesnt it?
Old 04-16-2005, 08:53 PM

Default Re: CF Roof

Taking the roof out of a unit-body constructed car without taking proper countermeasures would cause detrimental harm to the entire structure of the car. The roof structure is designed to be a major load bearing structure for performance (like cornering) and a passive safety device in accidents.

Any replacement of the roof using a composite material would have to be engineered so that it behaves in the exact same way under extreme loads. The biggest problem with this would be physically attaching a carbon composite roof to an aluminum unit-body. The coefficients of thermal expansion are too different to ensure fitment snug enough.

Also, just for a bit of information:
"carbon fiber" is such a loose term that anybody who knows anything about material science will know you are a hack. "carbon fiber" by itself is totally useless for any practical application. Let me say this again. "carbon fiber' by itself is totally useless for any practial application. What makes a carbon fiber composite laminate so strong and high performing is how it is manufactured. CFCL's are made by layering strands of carbon fibers in unidirectional or mulitdirectional manners in between layers of special epoxy (or "matrix"). The laminate sheet is then put into an autoclave at very high temperature and pressure to "set" the layers in place. Any interstitials caused by improper vacuum pressure, low thermoset temperature, or improper grain angle will cause any "carbon fiber" ricer car component to become nothing more than an expensive piece of ****. I would surmise that most ricer "carbon fiber" components are not manufactured in a way that maximizes the performance of a CFCL.
Old 04-16-2005, 09:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: CF Roof (litterbox)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by litterbox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think we can come to the conclusion that it's for the look.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 04-16-2005, 09:56 PM

sand it down put layer epoxy put cf but the sun will bubble after a while
Old 04-16-2005, 11:00 PM

Default Re: CF Roof (jdmferio1320)

a guy in hawaii did this to his ek

Old 04-16-2005, 11:05 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: CF Roof (jdmferio1320)

i say if you had to "weld" on a CF roof attached to say..titanuim hooks or connections, just don't do it. Any "roof replacement" is affecting the frame of the car, its structural integrity, and could make the car unsafe in a wreck. Not only will you get jack from the insurance company, if your vehicle were flipped, and this roof were not as good as OEM, you could be killed.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: CF Roof