Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

cf hood got warped in shipping.

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2004, 07:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cf hood got warped in shipping.

so I pickup my cf hood today from greyhound and install it. there is like an inch gap on both sides from the fenders and it looks retarded. is there someway I can get it to lay flat or do I have to go through the pain of disputing with greyhound for messing it up?
Old 02-11-2004, 07:34 PM

Default Re: cf hood got warped in shipping. (Quetzolcotl)

put it on the ground and jump on it? i dunno what to do except go bitch @ greyhound! sorry to hear and good luck
Old 02-11-2004, 07:35 PM

hood quailty means the better quality then the better it fits. and the better the carbon fiber is. but ya u should send that **** back and go pick ur self up a VIS
Old 02-11-2004, 07:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: cf hood got warped in shipping. (Nader_D)

sounds like you got a poor quality hood. don't really see how greyhound could have warped it in shipping.
Old 02-11-2004, 07:38 PM
Global Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this is where the warranty role comes into play...

did you even read it?

now you get to eat shipping charges

Goodluck bro
Old 02-11-2004, 07:39 PM

sone cf hoods are just messed up .. especially if it is low quality... i would call whoever you oredeed it from and the shippping company
Old 02-11-2004, 07:40 PM
illicon2003

pretty sure that's a normal thing. Mine's got a noticible gap between the edges and fenders. It's no where near an inch though. Mine's VIS btw.
Old 02-11-2004, 08:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (illicon2003)

I didn't know CF could really be warped.. I would bet it was made that way and shipped to you. Send it back and get a better quality hood.
Old 02-11-2004, 10:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Frosty18)

i'm pretty sure it was from shipping. I bought it used and saw lots of pics of the hood before I bought it and the fitment was great. maybe if I got hood pins or something that would hold the sides down?
Old 02-11-2004, 10:26 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Quetzolcotl &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so I pickup my cf hood today from greyhound and install it. there is like an inch gap on both sides from the fenders and it looks retarded. is there someway I can get it to lay flat or do I have to go through the pain of disputing with greyhound for messing it up?</TD></TR></TABLE>

"like an inch gap" could you be more specific? You may just need to bring the fenders in a little to make it fit better. A picture in this instance is worth a million gizillion words...
Old 02-12-2004, 01:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: cf hood got warped in shipping. (RangerDan)

Old 02-12-2004, 01:54 PM
Solbros Owns Me

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

nm
Old 02-12-2004, 02:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: cf hood got warped in shipping. (Emerika)

who the heck ships greyhound??

ever hear of fed ex and UPS??
Old 02-12-2004, 02:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: cf hood got warped in shipping. (SloCivicHMM)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SloCivicHMM &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">who the heck ships greyhound??

ever hear of fed ex and UPS??</TD></TR></TABLE>

ahhaha thats what i was thinkin..isnt greyhound a bus company?
Old 02-12-2004, 02:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: cf hood got warped in shipping. (Grip Driver)

yup thats what I know, I took it a few years ago to go visit my grams.......
Old 02-12-2004, 03:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: cf hood got warped in shipping. (SloCivicHMM)

I've had a few things shipped Greyhound. Freakin CHEAP.

Can't really beat it, if you don't mind going to the station to pick it up.

As far as the hood...I highly doubt it's actually warped. It's not like metal where it will bend and stay a certain way. It's flexible (to an extent). If you think it's warped in a direction, bend it the other way.

Sounds like you've just got a crappy hood though, if there's a huge gap on BOTH sides.
You could align your fenders, but you can't adjust them a full inch, so it looks like you're screwed.
Old 02-12-2004, 03:48 PM
Colorado <3

I have shipped with grey hound. boxes are kinda beat up when you get them..but if they pack it right its all good
Old 02-12-2004, 06:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Billy Blue Hatch)

here are some pics of the hood before it was shipped.

greyhound is very cheap for shipping big or heavy items. ups wanted like $120 to ship the hood. greyhound was $40 from cali to the mid west.
Old 02-12-2004, 06:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

WTF?

I JUST tried to ship a CF hood via UPS, and they told me they would not ship it.

They said I could ship it UPS Freight at a cost of almost $300
Old 02-13-2004, 07:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Jonathan_EH)

does anyone have a cf hood with a strut bar? I noticed that the secondary locking mechanism is not latching properly. I have an added gsr strut bar. I'll have to see if it is clearing everything in the engine ok or not. also the tips got really messed up in shipping too. they are now more square than pointy by the windshield.
Old 02-13-2004, 07:11 AM
B A N N E D

Received 2 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (Quetzolcotl)

ya, i never knew of any companies that would ship ups or fedex for a hood. everyone uses truck freight. but damn, never knew greyhound was that damn cheap. may have to check into them on my next big item i ship.
Old 02-13-2004, 10:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Quetzolcotl &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> also the tips got really messed up in shipping too. they are now more square than pointy by the windshield. </TD></TR></TABLE>

The proper way to ship a hood is by attaching wood where the hinge normally goes, and make sure it extends at least an inch beyond the tips. This prevents the sort of damage you ended up with.

Regardless of who the shipping company was, even if they will pay for damages, it's not their fault.

When shipping something such as a hood, or anything that can get damaged, it is the responsibility of the SENDER to make sure the packaging job is up to duty of being shipped. We all know how hard shipping companies are.

I'm seriously dumbfounded by the crap people ship stuff to me in. It's like they just don't care at all if the product gets to you in one piece.

Talk to the guy who boxed it up
Old 02-13-2004, 10:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

the hood has no clearance issues anywhere. the secondary lock on the latch won't click into place. if I can get that to work it will look a lot better but no matter how hard I push on the hood it won't lock.

when you drop something off at fedex or where ever it is their discression to determine if the packaging is appropriate or not. once they accept it they are responsible for damages. that is why you get isurance on packages. if its messed up then its the companies fault. why do you think we pay for insurance anyway?
Old 02-13-2004, 11:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It has been my personal experience that UPS, Fed Ex, USPS, and Airborne Express will accept just about anything as long as it's got tape on it somewhere.

Seriously, they accept the crappiest boxes ever. Common sense would alert you that the box wouldn't make the trip if somebody carried it by hand....but common sense is something the common man lacks.

I used to work at UPS, they don't care if the box is ship-worthy. All they care about is you handing over that cash.

As far as insurance, that's also up to the discretion of the shipping company as to whether or not they will pay for the damages. It's totally in their control. So sometimes you're going to pay for insurance and not get anything at all if your package gets lost or damaged.

I'm not trying to argue with you, or come off as a dick, I'm just saying the guy should have done a better job packaging the hood.

As far as the secondary lock not latching, have you tried raising the latch up? I had to adjust my latch when I got my CF hood, and so did my brother. Once adjusted, it was a nice fit.
Old 02-13-2004, 11:27 AM

try adjusting it with thoughs rubbers stoppers on ur that holds the hood up, who makes the hood? maybee the kid fucked u and sent u a diff hood. the shipping guy couldnt warp it its carbon,

Quick Reply: cf hood got warped in shipping.