Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

CEL Codes help please.

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 05:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CEL Codes help please.

Ok guys well i have only had 1 week with my new EJ8 and bam freaken CEL.
I pulled the codes but dont know what they are or mean so any help will be appreciated.Here are the codes

20-Electrical Load Detector
91-Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor

Thanx for your help H-T
Old 01-17-2008, 06:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: CEL Codes help please. (mortificationrock)

Bump cuz that Cel light is annoying the **** out of me
Old 01-17-2008, 06:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dude, you gotta give people a chance to answer...dont keep bumping your topic to the top just cause you're impatient. you already know what the codes are...bring it to a mechanic and ask them to fix it..they will probably scan it anyway to know exactly what they are dealing with.

sorry i cant give you the answer you're looking for...but just because your post drops 5 or 6 spots dont bump it to the top..people read more than the first post..and even go onto other pages. just chill.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: CEL Codes help please. (Probot)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Probot &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dude, you gotta give people a chance to answer...dont keep bumping your topic to the top just cause you're impatient. you already know what the codes are...bring it to a mechanic and ask them to fix it..they will probably scan it anyway to know exactly what they are dealing with.

sorry i cant give you the answer you're looking for...but just because your post drops 5 or 6 spots dont bump it to the top..people read more than the first post..and even go onto other pages. just chill.</TD></TR></TABLE>

See the funny **** is I woulod CHILL but i searched these codes here and in google and cant find no sort of freaken answer.**** is im driving this car right now and i dont want it to stop running on me out of nowhere.Ok maybe i am impatient and **** but I care for my cars.And if there is one thing I hate is knowing something is wrong but dont know how to fix it.What scares me the most is the cel 91 Fuel Tank pressure sensor,what if that fails and i get stuck on the freeway
Old 01-17-2008, 06:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i feel you on this...i drove my car with a CEL for the 2ndary O2 sensor and bad CAT for almost a year..drove me nuts whenever id turn the car on. but honestly dude, if you are that worried about it..take a day or 2 off from work and have a mechanic take care of it unless you plan on doing it yourself.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Probot &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i feel you on this...i drove my car with a CEL for the 2ndary O2 sensor and bad CAT for almost a year..drove me nuts whenever id turn the car on. but honestly dude, if you are that worried about it..take a day or 2 off from work and have a mechanic take care of it unless you plan on doing it yourself.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well I wouldn't be on here if i was going to pay someone to do it would I????? Im a DIY person i don't like anyone touching my cars
Old 01-17-2008, 06:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

very well....bump for this guy lol

EDIT: have you done any kind of wiring...like ran any new wires or anything...cause the electrical load detector could mean that there is a short somewhere. something is causing a huge draw on the electrical system....im checking into the other one now..il post again if i find anything
Old 01-17-2008, 06:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hope this helps you out dude

http://autorepair.about.com/li...h.htm
Old 01-17-2008, 06:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Probot &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">very well....bump for this guy lol

EDIT: have you done any kind of wiring...like ran any new wires or anything...cause the electrical load detector could mean that there is a short somewhere. something is causing a huge draw on the electrical system....im checking into the other one now..il post again if i find anything</TD></TR></TABLE>

Cool man appreciate the help im looking into this too.The only thing i have noticed since i bought the car was that my headlights,cluster lights,radio lights basically everything even tail lights,flicker like a candle.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

1hr BUMP
Old 01-17-2008, 09:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Bump
Old 01-17-2008, 02:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mortificationrock)

Well according to a TSB forgot what the number is my car has an extended warranty !! 14 years or 150,000 miles,for emissions only.For my luck my car has 144,756 so i called the dealer and they are going to fix any emission related problems free of charge! So if anyone has this prob and has less than 150,000 miles or anything emissione related Catylitic O2 sensor etc.Take it to the dealer and they have to fix it.