Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

CEL #3 and #41

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 12:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CEL #3 and #41

heyu guys im throwing a map sensor cel and primary o2 heater core sensor or whatever...

i know #41 means i need a new o2, but ive read that (even though very little people have had this cel) my map shouldnt really need replacement.. not a common thing at all...

now heres the details.. i was driving to pickup some paint for my neices bedroom... i get to the store shut the car off... start it up and i get a cel.... ive never had a cel previously, but i knew exactly what this was for.. i figured it was an o2 cel cause my car has been getting **** gas mileage lately.. well sure enough it was.. accept for the map too...

i turned the car off when i get home... come back out with a wire to check the numbers... i get em.. come on irc and ask.. i try resetting the computer.. that clears the cel, but when i check the computer it still gives me some numbers...

its been a few weeks now, and at first the cel's would go away every second start... seemed very weird theyd do that..

well now its to the point where the cels always on... is this possibly a wiring problem? it just seems so weird that id get 2 cels at the exact same time for 2 different things... i really hope that my map sensor is fine as these things arent cheap at honda, and my local junkyard doesnt have anything honda pre 1991... (go figure lol)..

anyways, u guys think it may just be my o2?

BTW.. its a 93 si hatch (d16z6)..