Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Caught a thieving bastard

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2002, 05:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Caught a thieving bastard

A few months ago, my g/f bought me a LOT of parts for my car. If my memory serves it was Jun stage 3 head package, Jun lightweight flywheel, ACT street/strip clutch, DC stainless 4-1 header, high-flow cat, Volk LE-37T 16" rims, Tein coilovers, Corbeau A4 seats w/ racing harnesses, Fluidyne radiator, and an in-dash dvd player. $9400 for the parts plus whatever the dvd player costs. Being that she lives in alabama right now and i'm in utah, i couldn't just drive over to her house and pick the stuff up. She mailed it to a friend of hers out here, Tim, because either he or one of his roommates would be at home to get the stuff from UPS. Tim decides that he doesn't want to give me the stuff and for about 2 weeks stalls us saying "i'm gonna bring it over today" just until he can get rid of the stuff. So he finally gives everything to his friend Matt, who happens to be my g/f's cousin.
She and I are relieved that matt has possession of it all b/c we think i'll finally get all that stuff. Well, now it's Matt's turn to stall for time. For another 2 weeks all we hear is "I'll bring it over today". I even offer to go pick everything up from him, but nope he won't ever call me when he's home so i can come get it all. He also tells my g/f not to give his number out to anyone (including me) b/c he doesn't want everyone to know his phone number. He's not in the phone book, his phone is registered to one of his roommates. Anyway, 3 days ago we finally learn that he's sold almost everything except the dvd player for a measly 960 bucks!!! That's the last straw and my g/f calls the cops on him. Turns out the cops have been looking for him for a while too for stealing someone's exhaust. The cops bring his *** in for questioning and give him till 10AM the next day to get everything back. Anything that's not back in new condition, he has to pay for himself. the screen on the dvd player is cracked, two rims are bent/scratched from being driven into a curb, and he can't remember who he sold the Jun stuff to. I haven't heard back from the cops at this time, but they were unable to get ahold of him at the 10AM deadline. I assume he was at work. I probably won't be able to get any of the stuff before i leave for alabama next friday, but at least most of it should be waiting for me at the police station when i get back. And I hope he has to sell his car so he'll be able to afford the rims, Jun stuff, and dvd player. That would be a nice touch to the story.

Cliff's notes: my g/f's cousin steals/sells off about 11 grand worth of my car parts.
we call the cops and they pick him up
i'm still waiting to get everything back
Old 08-23-2002, 05:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Caught a thieving bastard (00CIVICwB18C1)

Dang man...that sucks....but on the otherhand, I would LOVE to have a girl who would spend close to 10k on me or my car!!!
Old 08-23-2002, 05:55 PM

Default Re: Caught a thieving bastard (Ricey McRicerton)

You should pull a Dominic on Johnny Tran BeatDown fest on the asswipe. Drop his bones.... then go to work on him!
Old 08-23-2002, 05:56 PM

GF

Bad, bad people
Old 08-23-2002, 06:12 PM

Default Re: Caught a thieving bastard (acuracing)

damn, your gf's cousin? that's fucked!
Old 08-23-2002, 06:13 PM

Default Re: Caught a thieving bastard (acuracing)

Sorry to hear that man... Your girlfriend is hella nice to spend that kind of money :D heheh but damn... people **** me off. People suck ***... well the dumb people like those 2 kids are. but yeah man.. i hope you get everything back.

G'luck man

Matt
Old 08-23-2002, 06:16 PM

A few months ago, my g/f bought me a LOT of parts for my car.$9400 for the parts plus whatever the dvd player costs.
holy shiet i gotta find me a girl like that!
Old 08-23-2002, 06:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Cliff's notes: my g/f's cousin steals/sells off about 11 grand worth of my car parts.
we call the cops and they pick him up
i'm still waiting to get everything back
Whoa dude... I know a couple thieves in SLC that jacked my stuff. What part of Utah are you from? I'll help you open a can of whoopass on the person 'cause I know I'd love backup if I take action on the kid who jacked me. What part of utah you in?
Old 08-23-2002, 06:22 PM

Default Re: Caught a thieving bastard (D-Man)

damnnn can she be my girlfriend too? haha
Old 08-23-2002, 08:34 PM
Boba Connoisseur

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

She'll never see a dime. He won't get a real job, just work under the table and steal stuff.
Old 08-23-2002, 08:56 PM
CTL
Honda-Tech Member

man that sucks to hear man...hope you get some stuff back....
Old 08-23-2002, 09:00 PM
PSU
formerly DxHatchback

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: Caught a thieving bastard (CTL)

wish i had a g/f who gave me $11,000
Old 08-23-2002, 09:31 PM

your girlfriend is way cool, i hope you get everything back.. keep us informed.
Old 08-23-2002, 09:35 PM

Your GF kicks *** but her cousin is a moron! What did he think, that you'd forget about the parts if he stalled long enough?
Old 08-23-2002, 11:37 PM

Default Re: Caught a thieving bastard (Angry Joe)

******* *******!!!!

God dammit, some people are so rotten, I clenched my jaw through the whole last part of the post! How can people do **** like that? I don't get it...I mean, damn dude! That's your cousin!

Seriously, how are people THIS screwed up? Who raised this poor soul?
X infinity!

Oh yeah, your girlfriend is awesome! That ROCKS that she would do that for you! But I guess next time she better just send it to a friend of her's that's a girl and wouldn't know what to do with the stuff...

Alex

[Modified by Quik89Si, 8:39 AM 8/24/2002]
Old 08-24-2002, 12:43 AM

Default Re: Caught a thieving bastard (Quik89Si)

Does your G/F have a sister?

Theives are scum... "You're f***ing white bread" That totally sucks ***, not that it happened once, but almost 2 times, and he sold ALL THAT STUFF for $960??? If the idiot had half a brain he'd sell it for MORE that way he might actually have some change left when he gets done buying it all back for you to make a car payment... theives are gay...
Old 08-24-2002, 12:49 AM
Ham'ed Hatch

Default Re: Caught a thieving bastard (Quik89Si)

i feel bad for the GF. spent all that money to only get fucked by family.

but it's kinda stupid on her part. i don't know what you have over her or what the story is, but that seems like too much money to spend on a boyfriend's car.

if a GF spent that much on my car, i'd feel like i was taking advantage.

hope you get all your stuff back tho.
Old 08-24-2002, 02:01 AM

Default Re: Caught a thieving bastard (two.oh)

why didnt she just send it to you? i wouldnt accept a cai from my girlfriend...i feel somewhat wrong unless its a birthdya or special occasion
Old 08-24-2002, 02:06 AM

Default Re: Caught a thieving bastard (Ricey McRicerton)

o man, that's just fawking insane

I wish the best of luck to you man

PS ->next time, type up PARAGRAPH's, but good luck
Old 08-24-2002, 02:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Caught a thieving bastard (BlackDeuceCoupe)

******* shitty man.
Old 08-24-2002, 02:33 AM
HT White Ops

Hey, I'm sorry bro, but there isn't one part of that story that makes a lick of sense. Do you have a 'problem' telling the truth?!?!?!? Take ANY part of the story... Cops find a guy they've been looking for that stole an exhaust system - probably considered grand theft in Duperville, Utah - and they question him and let him go??? 9400 bones at the beginning of your diatribe turns into 11000 by the end. Come on! Give us a break...

Old 08-25-2002, 04:33 PM

Default Re: Caught a thieving bastard (BlackDeuceCoupe)

UPDATE

first cop that was workin the case said that since she mailed the stuff to the first guy, it technically became his property since there was no written agreement that he would deliver the stuff to me. That cop didn't really feel like dealing with us aparently. However, a second cop thought there was something that could be done since my name and address was on all the parts (she mailed it up in larger boxes) and there was an oral agreement (legally binding with a witness, which we have). Dude already disconnected his phone though, so we have yet to hear back from the cop on if they found him yet.

And BlackDeuceCoupe, no i don't have a problem telling the truth. If you read the post the 9400 was for the car parts alone. I figure 1600 bucks for an in-dash dvd player plus 2 more screens is a conservative guesstimate. And i can only wonder why the hell they let him go. Whether it was to call around and get the parts back or what i dunno. You'd have to ask the cop.
Old 08-25-2002, 05:37 PM

Default Re: Caught a thieving bastard (VTECTIME)

You should pull a Dominic on Johnny Tran BeatDown fest on the asswipe. Drop his bones.... then go to work on him!
ur gf is a keeper but her cousin needs to be takin out big time..when blood does that to blood ..something is shitty wrong..take his ugly *** out befor he can breed more **** like himself
Old 08-25-2002, 06:29 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Caught a thieving bastard (deepnite)

i think it's pretty homosexual of your girlfriend to buy you 11k worth of stuff for your honda in the first place. not that it makes the crime any less fucked up, but she's got no more of a committment than "girlfriend" and she just dropped 10+ g's on you? can anyone say "keeper"?
Old 08-25-2002, 06:31 PM

Default Re: Caught a thieving bastard (Archidictus)

it's funny you guys mention she's a keeper. we're getting married sept. 13th. Thanks for all your support and offers to beat this guy's ***. But i'm doubting i'll get any of this back. the cops are havin trouble finding him and he probably moved already

Quick Reply: Caught a thieving bastard