Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

be careful where i park?

Old 11-28-2006, 12:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default be careful where i park?

this isn't tech, but there's been so many honda's stolen in so cal im gonna take every precaution.

so i live in a ghetto neighborhood..won't mention where. somewhere in so cal.

my house is like deep inside a coldesack (one of those "no outlet" sign houses) then u make a turn, and my house is the furthest house in a driveway. i park outside right in front of my house, parallel to the garage. and i park HELLA close to it too, literally 6 inches to a foot away from the wall/garage/gate. doesnt really matter what kind of alarm system i have cuz if they want my car they'll find a way around it.

whenever i park, i always think of different possibilities of how my car would get stolen. and i realized that even if my car were to be on blocks everynight, there would be someway of taking it. the only conclusion of my car not being stolen for sure is if i park in the garage, which i cant (dont ask why, i just cant) or if my car is surrounded by 4 or 5 cars..which wont be a possibility either.

should i be this paranoid?

by the way..theres about 8-9 grand into this car, and my insurance only covers the car itself..which is a civic cx hatch...which is worth about..4-5k on kbb.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:37 PM

Default Re: be careful where i park? (slkleltlclh)

You should be that paranoid if not more. It's a war out there. Its us verses the *** guzzling gutter queen thieves.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: be careful where i park? (MurdersV8s)

theives = teh suxxorz
Old 11-28-2006, 12:50 PM

I live in Pheonix, #1 city in car thefts. Your **** could disappear in minutes out here. My STOCK Sol has survived 3 theft attempts. With about 8-9 grand in your car you should be somewhat paranoid sorry to say. Get an alarm with kill switch, lo-jack or clutch lock, steering lock, etc. I dont think any dipshit car thief would want go through multiple security systems.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:53 PM

Default Re: be careful where i park? (road hazard)

i was thinking no matter what kinda anti theft system i have, they'll tow it no matter what..so clutch lock, kill switch, steering lock wouldnt make a difference because they dont have to actually drive the car to steal it. lo-jack is another story though, if i had the money i would do it. but still, all they have to do is find the brain and destroy it, and lo-jack is gone. but like you said, any noon car theif would get over that ****. but if they are serious, i dont think all that would matter.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:09 PM

Sadly you should be very paraniod. I mean, if you would have said I live in a neighborhood with a security gaurd and it is a gated community, than it would be a little different, but you just told us that you live in a very ghetto area. You basically answered your own question. The only thing I can think of, which won't really prevent from theft, but atleast you know where it is and can stop the theives is that lo-jack system that tracks your car. I know some alarms page you when your alarm goes off, but by the time you get to your car it might be gone. Good luck man, I think everyone this site feels your pain and paranoia, we all go through everyday too.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yup man u just need to watch out..

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MurdersV8s &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You should be that paranoid if not more. It's a war out there. Its us verses the *** guzzling gutter queen thieves.</TD></TR></TABLE>
got a new sig
Old 11-28-2006, 01:19 PM

Guess so
Old 11-28-2006, 01:42 PM

Default Re: (dyslogical)

i feel u man im a very paranoid one myself... just keep your eyes open dude for people scopin u out...and if u have friends get them to drive u places where u have to leave ur car outside by itself for more then 30 min :D... be safe man gl

Modified by egmatt89 at 7:07 PM 11/29/2006
Old 11-28-2006, 02:43 PM

Default Re: (egmatt89)

At least you care about your car and realize the dangers, I know a kid that lives near me that parks his ITR right at the end of his driveway, and never uses the freakin' alarm. It just floors me everytime I see him do that. I have an alram and killswithes, yet I still pray that my car is there everytime I wake up.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

buy an old junker car to park in front of your car. You'd have to move the junker every time you want to park, but it could be used as a road block to stop them from taking your Civic. Spend $200 on the biggest POS that still runs
Old 11-28-2006, 04:54 PM

take your distributor off when u go inside i do it at the race track.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

crap happens.. i live in the ghetto also.. i have a camera on my car.. everyone notices i have a camera so thats either a good thing or a bad thing.. just get a good alarm with extras.. auto loc and be a soft sleeper.. besides that maybe a motion sensor light would do some good also
Old 11-28-2006, 10:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I would be paranoid If I was you. Keep a good eye on that car.

Me, well my car ain't glorious looking (actually bout as bad looking if not worse than my last car) but it's a target with the Mesh wheels and plainly visible exhaust. Luckily I have a giant bashed in spot on my hatch that is a slight theft deterrent. I'm really lucky to live where I do. I live in a middle class neighborhood is middle Tennessee. Cops every which way and every one has at least one gun in their house for hunting (whether it be deer or a thief). I've got the one gun in the house in my bedroom (to think I'm just the 18 year old son and I'm the one with the firearm in the house). Someone screws with my car, I'll hear it and they'll meet the business end of my bayonet.

I'd say, if you feel the need roll your car into the back yard and but a tarp over it at night. Keep it close to a window.
Old 11-28-2006, 11:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Techy)

have a trip wire and behind the fence connecting to the trip wire have the trigger of a double barrel shotgun.. better yet like 3 of them, so once that ****** crosses the line, "BOOM" Enough meat to hold your family off for the rest of the winter.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:34 AM

Default Re: (plugg'd)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by plugg’d &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">have a trip wire and behind the fence connecting to the trip wire have the trigger of a double barrel shotgun.. better yet like 3 of them, so once that ****** crosses the line, "BOOM" Enough meat to hold your family off for the rest of the winter.</TD></TR></TABLE>
hhahahahahaha unlikely

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Techy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I'd say, if you feel the need roll your car into the back yard and but a tarp over it at night. Keep it close to a window.</TD></TR></TABLE>
oh it's close, its right below my balcony and about 10 feet away from my huge sliding glass window.

thanks for all the feedback guys, appreciate it. im gonna look into some kill switches...definetly a motion sensor
Old 11-29-2006, 02:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: 99 probs but a stolen car aint 1, ca, cerritos/fullerton
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slkleltlclh &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i was thinking no matter what kinda anti theft system i have, they'll tow it no matter what..so clutch lock, kill switch, steering lock wouldnt make a difference because they dont have to actually drive the car to steal it. lo-jack is another story though, if i had the money i would do it. but still, all they have to do is find the brain and destroy it, and lo-jack is gone. but like you said, any noon car theif would get over that ****. but if they are serious, i dont think all that would matter.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Its talk like this that makes everyone think there car car be stolen. Is it cheap to have a killer alarm system. No. It cost and most can't afford to have it done right. 200-500 is not going to cut it anymore. Its time that people wake up and start saving for a well planned out system. Gps tracking and a alarm and many layers are your friend. A well planned out system is going to cost over $1500. But I can say this. If installed right your baby will be were you put it. If its towed you will have it back. You say you have 8-9 k and no alarm. All that money and you did not invest in a well planned system can't feel sorry for you. I been doing alarm installs for the past 15 years. all of my cars and family are well taken care of. out of the 6 attempt 5 have been caught the other ran. O well I have to stock up on key cylinders but my car's are there. Hell I looking at my itr right now on the net while its sitting in the garage.

Here read this and learn something new. It will change your mind.
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1794938

People that say they will get your car and you won't get it back in one peice never had a good alarm
Old 11-29-2006, 02:21 AM

irvine must have rich ghettos
Old 11-29-2006, 03:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Personal Information)

dont think because irvine is nice that there arent thieves lurking...

a lot of my friends have had there car stolen/broken into and it sux...

thieves even have the ***** to do it on campus in broad daylight...
Old 11-29-2006, 07:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SLoWpOkECiViC)

yup there are lots of nice cars in Irvine and there is the UCI campus. Why would a thief go to a ghetto *** place to steal a nice car, when he can go to a nice place to steal. I never understood that about people, they think that the ghetto is worse than a rich neighborhood, but when it comes to theft that's not always the case.

Anyway, another legitimate helper for the OP is this device. Basically you put the sensor in your car, and the receiver next to your head when you sleep. If anyone gets near your car the thing beeps. Cheap and effective in your situation.

Driveway Patrol: http://tinyurl.com/yzgfac
Old 11-29-2006, 07:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (nonsense)

f***K em all if they want your car there gonna get it any way they want there is no ******* way your going to stop them from taking a car unless its in a grage 24/7 bolted to the ground chained up to the walls so if they do move it your walls are coming with it and you will be woken up thats the best alarm system you can have or get rid of it
Old 11-29-2006, 07:54 AM
318 Curves, 11 miles

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Red North)

Just move next to the guy who says his neighbor leaves his ITR out with no alarm. There's no way they'll steal your car first!
Old 11-29-2006, 08:33 AM

put one of those prepaid cell phones that has GPS tracking in it.

it allows you to track the phone anytime anywhere (there is reception of course)!!!!

stash it deep in the dash, and connect it with a 12v source to charge,and your set!
Old 11-29-2006, 08:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (paulmsti)

just sleep in your car
Old 11-29-2006, 10:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: 99 probs but a stolen car aint 1, ca, cerritos/fullerton
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (eg-owns you)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eg-owns you &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">f***K em all if they want your car there gonna get it any way they want there is no ******* way your going to stop them from taking a car unless its in a grage 24/7 bolted to the ground chained up to the walls so if they do move it your walls are coming with it and you will be woken up thats the best alarm system you can have or get rid of it </TD></TR></TABLE>

may not stop them from moving it, but you will get it back in under 30 if you act fast, But the car won't start and most theives do not use tow trucks. Most tow it down the street to by-pass the alarm.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by paulmsti &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">put one of those prepaid cell phones that has GPS tracking in it.

it allows you to track the phone anytime anywhere (there is reception of course)!!!!

stash it deep in the dash, and connect it with a 12v source to charge,and your set!</TD></TR></TABLE>

not safe ,get a real unit to do the job.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Vindicator9000 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just move next to the guy who says his neighbor leaves his ITR out with no alarm. There's no way they'll steal your car first!</TD></TR></TABLE>

not everybody wants to steal a itr. most do not know how to do the newer year.

A alarm is not going to stop a smash and grab. It was never ment too. I went to the mall and I left my cd book on the passenger seat. I get a phone call from the tracking unit 15 min later and i run outside to a broken window. my fault.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: be careful where i park?