Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

carbon fibre hood problem....

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 01:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default carbon fibre hood problem....

i buddy bought a c/f hood from a no-name company, and i doesn't line up at all, he thinks that if we drill bigger holes into the hood bracket, where you bolt the hood up it will make it fit.

true or not? i told him that if it doesnt fit with the holes not drilled out it wont fit at all, and you should not have to drill the holes out.

lemme know.

-sean
Old 05-03-2005, 02:06 PM

Default Re: carbon fibre hood problem.... (GUNNER666)

Your friend should tell that person he wants his money back, because he's not satisfied with his purchase. But, seriously those can be redrilled but very very carefully, then they have to be rethreaded, but I don't see how the bigger holes would help. Take that damn thing back.
Old 05-03-2005, 05:14 PM
^ no longer owns a honda

Default Re: carbon fibre hood problem.... (Bcuz)

i think he is referring to holes in the hinges. It might would work, but you gonna get very little movement by doing that. Not to mention evertime you shut the hood its going to move inside the holes, so its never gonna line up good. I would tell him to look into returning the hood, and save up some more money and get a nicer hood
Old 05-03-2005, 07:58 PM

Default Re: carbon fibre hood problem.... (boostinhatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boostinhatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i think he is referring to holes in the hinges. It might would work, but you gonna get very little movement by doing that. Not to mention evertime you shut the hood its going to move inside the holes, so its never gonna line up good. I would tell him to look into returning the hood, and save up some more money and get a nicer hood</TD></TR></TABLE>
i have been telling him it will suck ever since i first saw it. ,even before he bought the hood i told him not to get it, because everything on it looked halfassed. and i told him that for 250 canadian it aint goona be a well made hood.
hell even one of my buddies that worked at an auto body shop stopped by and said that it will never line up, by drilling the holes biger, the hood was a POS, and he should have saved up and bought a better one, but he wont listen
-sean