Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Carbon Fiber Targa top and deck lid for del Sol

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2003, 03:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carbon Fiber Targa top and deck lid for del Sol

This was brought up earlier in the day, but I could seem to find the original post. I just wanted to give a few of you guys a link if you're interested. Does anyone have these pieces or heard anything good/bad about them? Thanks.
http://www.importfan.com/groupbuys.htm
Old 02-25-2003, 03:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Carbon Fiber Targa top and deck lid for del Sol (jdmsol)

Carbon fiber roof and trunk would look nice on a black or red delly with a CF hood and lip. I need to stop talking about CF, I got issues.
Old 02-25-2003, 05:16 PM

Default Re: Carbon Fiber Targa top and deck lid for del Sol (rodrez)

theres only two descent sol's down here mine and my friend, he lives in mission viejo and he said he was gonna do the cf rooftop, havent seen it yet but i wanna know as well
Old 02-25-2003, 05:36 PM

Default Re: Carbon Fiber Targa top and deck lid for del Sol (SolLuder)

Are those full carbon or are they layered?
Old 02-25-2003, 06:43 PM

Default Re: Carbon Fiber Targa top and deck lid for del Sol (delsolguy)

if you go on http://www.darksol.com thier is a guy named todd who is already producing them from fiber images. sorry, dont have the contact info, but he's on there if you wanna take a look.
Old 02-25-2003, 09:44 PM

Default Re: Carbon Fiber Targa top and deck lid for del Sol (flydelsolsi)

Yeah, Todd has been talking about doing this for a while. I wasn't aware that it was a go. Thanks for the info.
Old 02-27-2003, 08:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Carbon Fiber Targa top and deck lid for del Sol (delsolguy)

hey.. i also wanna know if those parts are made out of real carbon fiber? or are they just layered with it?
Old 02-28-2003, 11:52 PM

Default Re: Carbon Fiber Targa top and deck lid for del Sol (jL iLLuZiOnz 9)

DONT BUY THEM!....goto darksol.com for a FULL carbon fiber line-up......importfan is selling those and they SUCK!......they are just mainly a mold...like for instance the tops dont come with the latch attatchments and ect...and its layered....goto darksol.com and in the msg board talk to a guy named tim or a guy called huff, they can hook ya up with REAL cf hoods, roofs, and trunk lids....theres also a guy named paul which is gonna start cf projects for the del sol like....lips side mirrors (power and non power)....and a bunch of other stuff....
Old 03-01-2003, 09:43 AM

Default Re: Carbon Fiber Targa top and deck lid for del Sol (Toad)

Well you are right, but from what I've heard from people that actually have them...no complaints as of yet. I'm not selling these nor have I seen one in person. Someone had asked about them, so I posted a link. Todd (Huff) is a good guy and I'm sure the product at http://www.darksol.com is excellent indeed. BTW: no top comes with the latches, you have to swap them over from the original...even the glass ones.
Old 03-01-2003, 10:19 AM

...even the glass ones.
where would i get one of these glass ones??
Old 03-01-2003, 12:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Carbon Fiber Targa top and deck lid for del Sol (4doorEk)

You can reach Todd Huff at http://www.hondavision.com in the del sol forum. That is where he normally posts frequently.
Old 03-01-2003, 01:35 PM

Default Re: Carbon Fiber Targa top and deck lid for del Sol (4doorEk)

...even the glass ones.

where would i get one of these glass ones??
Contact Todd Huff at teamsoldesigns@aol.com here is some info that todd gave about the clear top. He is an authorized dealer for Ameripol tops. They are $625 shipped (within the US). They come in either dark blue (which pretty much looks black) or bronze, which looks kinda brownish. They are not glass, they are acrylic. email ameripol AmeripolCo.@aol.com

Old 03-20-2003, 01:22 PM

Sorry I missed all of this. I posted about the trunk lids and roofs a while ago and it disappeared. Not sure if it was taken down because I do not frequent these boards much or what. At any rate, let me give some info...

The "glass" roofs are not really glass, they are acrylic. They have been made since Sols were in the Honda dealers. The company is Ameripol. They are awesome quality and come with a scratch resistant coating that is like what you add to glasses to help keep them looking better for longer. They come in bronze (kinda a brownish tint) or blue (which looks almost black from the outside). They are $640 shipped. Kinda expensive? Yes. Do I control that price? No.

The carbon fiber roofs are in the process of being made. I should have pics within a week or so of the first cf prototype. We have already got a fiberglass prototype that turned out excellent. Fits great, did well at freeway speeds as far as noise and all that, passed the high pressure wash (at a quarter car wash) test and did fine for the everyday driving test. They are $460 plus around $35-$45 shipping depending where it's going. We also have the fiberglass ones for sale for $400 for those that want to keep factory color, but save a little weight on the roof. The fiberglass are ready to go. The cf ones should be within three weeks,hopefully a litle less. They are about half what your current roof weighs, probably less than half.

Both of the above mentioned roofs replace the factory metal roof you currently have. You use your current factory locking mechanisms/seals units. It's about a 15 minute project to swap it all over and a trained monkey can do it, it's that easy. Remove 7 bolts on each side, take stuff off, put stuff back on, retighten bolts. Done.

The carbon fiber trunks are done. i got them made through FiberImages, because everyone wanted the name and quality that goes with them. Probably more expensive than necessary due to that, but again, I do not control those prices. They are $750 shipped. I should have pics of those next week. The first batch shipped Monday and I did not get pics because they went from FI and I could not make the drive.

If anyone wants any of the above, I would be glad to hook you up. I can also get Kaminari stuff (anything they make) at 25% off, so that is an ongoing offer to anyone interested. Email me if interested or if you need more info...

FYI...The ImportFan ones are not even in the process of starting to be made yet because last I saw, they had ZERO buyers. Ours are either done or will be soon.

[Modified by Huffster, 10:25 PM 3/20/2003]
Old 03-20-2003, 03:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Carbon Fiber Targa top and deck lid for del Sol (rodrez)

Carbon fiber roof and trunk would look nice on a black or red delly with a CF hood and lip. I need to stop talking about CF, I got issues.
u read my mind... luckily ill have a CF trunk soon enough. mine is one of the first ones made. as for the roof, that should come after the turbo.... yey!

krazy
Old 03-21-2003, 09:15 AM

Default Re: Carbon Fiber Targa top and deck lid for del Sol (krazy)

Short of major rain storms, I'll be going Monday to pick ours up.
Old 03-21-2003, 09:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Carbon Fiber Targa top and deck lid for del Sol (Huffster)

ur nunber 1!!

krazy
Old 03-21-2003, 12:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Mine should hopefully be coming with 4 weeks. Krazy, you're getting yours real soon huh? Import Fan is making a Spoon lip like Krazy's too, but I don't know how they're doing as far as the garnish and roof. i want the roof, but probably not all carbon cause of little safety issues and stuff. Damn I hope everyone is happy with their stuff, i want to see the quality when they're done.
Old 03-21-2003, 12:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Carbon Fiber Targa top and deck lid for del Sol (Vspec Sol)

Mine should hopefully be coming with 4 weeks. Krazy, you're getting yours real soon huh? Import Fan is making a Spoon lip like Krazy's too, but I don't know how they're doing as far as the garnish and roof. i want the roof, but probably not all carbon cause of little safety issues and stuff. Damn I hope everyone is happy with their stuff, i want to see the quality when they're done.
yea mine was in the original group buy. i hope import fan's CF spoon lip is cheaper than or as much as the civic one, or else no one will buy it. mine cracked already... oh well. im planning to paint it.

krazy
Old 03-21-2003, 01:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hahaha, I don't think their price will be cheap. I am surprised that their group buy was set at that low. $400 for only 5 people. I will probably mass produce the trunk, but I don't think the garnish will look nice cause it will seem a litle out of place, as far as the roof I still don't feel safe with just carbon over headliner. So you are getting yours on Monday?
Old 03-21-2003, 02:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Carbon Fiber Targa top and deck lid for del Sol (Vspec Sol)

probably sometime there after. i have school till 10pm mondays and i wont be free till after thurs or so. although spring break is all week after that...yippee

krazy
Old 03-25-2003, 09:50 AM

Just in case anyone wanted to see pics...

And an interior shot...I still need to add the lights and little stuff like that...

[Modified by Huffster, 6:51 PM 3/25/2003]
Old 03-25-2003, 11:24 AM

Default Re: Carbon Fiber Targa top and deck lid for del Sol (Huffster)

Looks great!
Old 03-25-2003, 11:29 AM

well what you want to do is basically, triumphant compared to the fragile infrastructre
Old 03-25-2003, 11:40 AM
New User

Default Re: Carbon Fiber Targa top and deck lid for del Sol (coolkid)

Old 03-25-2003, 12:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Carbon Fiber Targa top and deck lid for del Sol (ELUD THS)

looks good to me

Quick Reply: Carbon Fiber Targa top and deck lid for del Sol