Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Carbon fiber roof caps

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 10:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carbon fiber roof caps

Does anyone know who makes carbon fiber roof caps for the eg and ek. Very interested in updrading my civic appearance. Let me know of any group buys.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Carbon fiber roof caps (NVS-Turner)

The only time I remember seeing the roof caps was from CompositeFab and their site doesnt exist anymore.

For exterior styling that is an expensive piece. I would just invest in a stock lip and OEM fog lights
Old 09-19-2007, 11:15 AM

there is a company that sells hoods in the forsale section (there big selling push is some sort of vaccuum pulled resin thing), but they sell roof caps.. (and whole roof replacements for racecars!)
Old 09-19-2007, 11:03 PM

Default Re: (nater_1)

nater do you know the guy's over a slowmotion motorsports. If so how are there fuel rails.
Old 01-23-2008, 01:19 PM

Yes, we make it for the EG coupe 2-Door.

https://www.raceonusa.com/inde...=7159

Just released today.

Old 01-23-2008, 01:37 PM

Default Re: Carbon fiber roof caps (raceonusa.com)

thats nice
Old 01-23-2008, 02:29 PM

Default Re: Carbon fiber roof caps (slowciviceg)

i have one question.... people use Carbon fiber to reduce weight but this roof skin weighs 5lbs. and it don't replace ur roof it covers ur roof. So the weight you lose buy using a carbon fiber hood your putting it right back on with the roof skin???? just sounds stupid.
Old 01-23-2008, 02:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well jlefevers, that's because this particular one is for appearance only, others do make a replacement roof that you have to remove your "stock" one and replace it with the cf.

so you just sound stupid.
Old 01-23-2008, 02:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Carbon fiber roof caps (JLefevers)

Strictly for looks, I dig it. Really depends on the fit and finish and how it attaches though. Could look like an after thought, lol...thing flies off on freeway would suck. It's probably wet carbon too to keep cost down so it would weigh more than dry. Underside looks like fiberglass and then a beauty layer of carbon for the top.
Old 01-23-2008, 02:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Carbon fiber roof caps (JLefevers)

Its for looks, Some people (like me) think it looks cool. This is definately an area that is completely up to the individual to decide if he/she likes it and if its worth the money.

I honestly don't think there are many people that buy carbon fibre hoods because the omg save weight. 95% of people buy carbon fibre products becuase they like the way they look.

Not everything is for performance, and in my opinion, just becuase its not doesn't mean its stupid. I would buy this if the fit was good and it was reasonably priced.
Old 01-23-2008, 02:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Carbon fiber roof caps (kuja396)

Just my opinon. There are some out there, cant tell you any off the top of my head.....
Old 01-23-2008, 03:15 PM

Default Re: Carbon fiber roof caps (JDM_y0!)

if i ever have my car to the point where i want, I would love to have a carbon fiber roof. I don't know if i would want it to replace my roof or just fit on. I can just imagine one day when it's raining how loud it would be if it was just the carbon fiber
Old 01-23-2008, 03:28 PM

Default Re: (instrument)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by instrument &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well jlefevers, that's because this particular one is for appearance only, others do make a replacement roof that you have to remove your "stock" one and replace it with the cf.

so you just sound stupid.</TD></TR></TABLE>

"so you just sound stupid" classic

well aren't you just a littlel e-thug. all I am saying is that it don't make sence. It does look cool never said it didn't. All I am saying if it is JUST for looks why spend $400 and the change when you could just use the carbon overlay and it look the same.(if done right) I have seen carbon overlay fenders and they look great. and carbon overlay is 1/3 the price. seeing as how it is just for looks it should not matter if it is real carbon fiber as long as it LOOKS like it right. If yall have deep pockets more power to ya. Also does seem like it could fly off at highway speeds unless anchored really good. as stated above. just my $.02

Modified by JLefevers at 8:13 PM 1/23/2008
Old 01-23-2008, 03:32 PM

Default Re: (JLefevers)

i wouldn't ever use the carbon overlay. IMO the real carbon fiber looks better. But i do agree that it seems like it would fly off easy, has anyone ever installed one?

if so how is it anchored? How's it stay so well
Old 01-23-2008, 03:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mckrank313)

These aren't all just for appearance.

When composite fab released there for the dc chassis you were able to have a watertight seal which meant people looking to remove their sunroof would have that option. I was looking into roof caps for my em1 when i removed my sunroof (for weight/Helmet clearance) but none had been released, so i went the CF plug instead.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Carbon fiber roof caps (JDM_y0!)

where do you come up with 95 percent??? i think it's pointless to buy cf products for just looks. why??? because it's ridiculously expensive. i don't want to start any shiiet with anybody but that comment is just idiotic. same goes for everyone who buys cf products for just looks.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Carbon fiber roof caps (quant)

I would have to agree with the 95% comment. I love the look of carbon fiber and so does every one I know. People who say they do it to save weight are lying to themselves. You really think that 6 pounds that you shaved off your hood makes you that much faster. I thats the case and everyone does it for performance than I have a great way to make the car weigh less and go faster... The driver could get off his fat a** and go on a diet. I love seeing these guys that talk about how they use all these carbon fiber parts just to save weight and make their car faster when they weigh 300lbs. Carbon Fiber is used mainly fo appearance.

BTW. I love the roof cap and would be interested in one for a eg hatch.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Carbon fiber roof caps (ender214)

In the right places, it does make a difference performance wise. Especially on ff cars that are front heavy that tend to understeer. A cf hood helps, not very much but it does, barely in acceleration but cornering. as for the people that spend plus 300 on cf trunks for cars like hatchbacks. those are just people with too much money on their hands and it doesn't look quite right to me anyways, on the hood yes. I don't know the exact quote it went something like "function is beauty" that is what carbon fiber is. visually, carbon fiber disrupts the flow of color on a car but because of its funcionality it looks nice. so because carbon fiber helps performance whether the person who applies it or not cares. it looks nice. I'm a fit 175 at 6' so i hope that comment wasn't implying i'm fat. the new m3's are actually coming out with a carbon fiber roof but that's for beemer forums.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Carbon fiber roof caps (quant)

that couldnt be safe to remove your roof to put carbon fiber if you flipped and didnt have a roll cage that would hurt just a little bit
Old 01-24-2008, 03:16 AM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: (electron_si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by electron_si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">These aren't all just for appearance.

When composite fab released there for the dc chassis you were able to have a watertight seal which meant people looking to remove their sunroof would have that option. I was looking into roof caps for my em1 when i removed my sunroof (for weight/Helmet clearance) but none had been released, so i went the CF plug instead. </TD></TR></TABLE>

nah he is just talking about the lay over to make your roof LOOK like it is all carbon.

i have a lexan pieace riveted and sealed with RTV where my sunroof used to be.......best of both worlds
Old 01-24-2008, 08:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

here is one for sale
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...ZWDVW
Old 01-24-2008, 08:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ninethree-civic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ninethree-civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

nah he is just talking about the lay over to make your roof LOOK like it is all carbon.

i have a lexan pieace riveted and sealed with RTV where my sunroof used to be.......best of both worlds </TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah im aware that he is talking about the layover. Those were also designed to eliminate sunroofs without the use of a plug. I talked to dustin about it prior to them closing down.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thats hot
Old 03-08-2008, 01:20 PM

Default Re: Carbon fiber roof caps (PCRacing)

quant, dude, get over yourself. I've got a carbon ViS hood on my civic, and the only reason i have it is because it looks tight. I;m about to buy a carbon hatch, and if i can find one, a carbon roof cap. my buddy got one for his RHD DC2, and its sick. looks really really nice, also helped eliminate his sunroof for a more authentic look since its an R conversion. If you think its pointless to buy stuff for looks, why did you get a honda? go buy a geo metro and spend the rest of your money on "real" performance things since you don't care about looks.
Old 03-08-2008, 02:04 PM
Bounty - € 8,000,000

Default Re: Carbon fiber roof caps (Boosted20CTR)

For looks the roof cap style is nice. I want one for an 96 Hatch.

Quick Reply: Carbon fiber roof caps