Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

carbon fiber intake arm....

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2004, 08:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default carbon fiber intake arm....

whats up, Im lookin for a carbon fiber intake arm that im goin to use in place of the stock one and hook it the the factory air box with a spoon drop in...I was just wondering where i could find one....ive seen them in some cars (Ex: That JDM Hatch in the back of the newest super street issue) I love how it looks....anyone know where to find just the c/f arm? thanks!
Old 02-28-2004, 10:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: carbon fiber intake arm.... (jdmgeorge)

its made by spoon inlinefour.com has them i think jdmhondaparts too
Old 02-28-2004, 10:30 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: carbon fiber intake arm.... (hayabusa160)

Only $200 and you, too, can be among the legions of morons who know nothing about budget performance .
Old 02-28-2004, 11:15 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: carbon fiber intake arm.... (Archidictus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Archidictus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Only $200 and you, too, can be among the legions of morons who know nothing about budget performance .</TD></TR></TABLE>

Zing!
Old 02-28-2004, 11:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

its Spoon though y0!
Old 02-29-2004, 06:05 AM

Im not talkin about the spoon one there buddy....they make that small kevlar arm for an ek for $200 some ....Im talkin about a full carbon fiber intake arm....from throttle body to intake box...... anyone else know what im talkin about here?
Old 02-29-2004, 07:21 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdmgeorge &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Im not talkin about the spoon one there buddy....they make that small kevlar arm for an ek for $200 some ....Im talkin about a full carbon fiber intake arm....from throttle body to intake box...... anyone else know what im talkin about here?</TD></TR></TABLE>

yes ive seen it before, and i personally think its retarted and you shoudl juss go for an AEM CAI or Short Ram instead of going for a spoon carbonfiber piece..
Old 02-29-2004, 07:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

there are a few low budget companies who make these carbon intakes. they are the cheap aluminum intakes with real carbon fiber wraped aroung them. I have one on my car. I have had it for a while and could not tell you where to get one but I can tell the jackasses that have nothing better to do than respond to a question with dumbass remarks that it was not much more than an Ebay type of intake and was MUCH cheaper than an AEM short ram. I think it was an Arospeed part. If I remeber right they also mad some carbon "elbows" of the same setup for making a "custom" intake. Spoon is not the only maker of carbon and kevlar parts. Just like your precious AEM they just charge way too much for the same **** you can get with some good searching. Aonther thing tou could check into are carbon and kevalr "socks" that you can get from different composite companies on the net and just slid the sock over your intake and then coat it with resin and you will have the same look without the cost. Hope this helps.
Old 02-29-2004, 07:39 AM
WalkingKenshin

Default Re: (upgraded)

i can't beleave you have nothing better to buy for your car than a OVERPRICED TUBE. please show pics of your car and engine setup. this SCREAMS ricer.
Old 02-29-2004, 07:44 AM
Risky Business

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Re: (MoogenToad)

I like my setup the best...cut $20 intake tube off ebay!

Old 02-29-2004, 07:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Here are a few options I found.

http://www.fibreglast.com/show....html

http://carb.com/supersuperframe.html

https://www.cstsales.com/Aramid/aramid-sleeves.htm These are what I am talking about but I can't find a good pic.

This is what they look like but they make them in many different weaves and colorshttp://www.rebelrocketry.com/compositesgiantleap.html
Old 02-29-2004, 07:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

weapon r makes a carbon fiber short ram tube its around 200 bucks not sure if they still make it tho.
Old 02-29-2004, 08:14 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by upgraded &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Here are a few options I found.

http://www.fibreglast.com/show....html

http://carb.com/supersuperframe.html

https://www.cstsales.com/Aramid/aramid-sleeves.htm These are what I am talking about but I can't find a good pic.

This is what they look like but they make them in many different weaves and colorshttp://www.rebelrocketry.com/compositesgiantleap.html</TD></TR></TABLE>

That is probally the most pointless thing that I have seen since those bolt on hood scoopes. The reason why carbon fiber is a nice choice for intakes is the fact that there is no metal to conduct heat. With your setup, it just makes it look like you spent the money. True, I think the price of the Spoon CF elblow is rediculous, however, i think your idea may even be worse.

Dont spend money on things that make your car "LOOK" fast, buy things that make your car fast.
Old 02-29-2004, 08:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey Bauley, how do you like that setup? Im really concidering doing that this spring
Old 02-29-2004, 02:45 PM

Default Re: (MoogenToad)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MoogenToad &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i can't beleave you have nothing better to buy for your car than a OVERPRICED TUBE. please show pics of your car and engine setup. this SCREAMS ricer.</TD></TR></TABLE>

How the hell am i being a ricer by tryin to find where this arm is....and foir the last damn time IM not talkin about the spoon arm....$200 is way too much money for something like that and i wouldnt do it...its not worth it... if you got nothin useful to say then dont respond to my post!!!
Old 02-29-2004, 02:48 PM

Default Re: (asmallsol)

[QUOTE=asmallsol]

The reason why carbon fiber is a nice choice for intakes is the fact that there is no metal to conduct heat. QUOTE]

Thank you asmallsol this is the reason im lookin for this peice
Old 02-29-2004, 03:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lest see some pics of the ppl who don't car about looks and only want to go fast. I'll bet everything matches and there is a nice paintjob there somewhere. I wanna see your fast, faded paint, torn seats, stock yellow headlights, black bumper, rusty car.
Old 02-29-2004, 07:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what r u thinking!!!!!!!!!